ohoh hotel by Mariner Stadium - how to get there on game nite!

azseas

Okay -- Am happy that we got the silver cloud hotel right across the street from the Mariner stadium in Seattle thru priceline! It is right by the Amtrak station so we can walk there the next morning. HOWEVER -- we arrive at SEATAC at 6:30 pm the nite of a HOME GAME!!! Not worried about noise or anything - once we get in the room we are fine. But -- what is the least stressful way to get there from the airport?

I assume it will be crowded and traffic will be nasty-- the game starts at 7:15 -- so we should get to that area shortly after the game starts. Concerned that a taxi/limo might get caught up trying to get to the hotel. I am thinking that it might be faster and more efficient for us to just take the light rail -- we only have carry on luggage. HOWEVER -- will the light rail be packed????? Would prefer to be in a taxi waiting then in a light rail car with a bunch of partiers. Thoughts on the best way. THANK YOU!!

I think Light rail would be safe as most people will be at the game by the time you arrive. Silver Cloud has a van that can pick you up from the station. I wouldn't take a cab since they meter by the minute and while the distance woulld be about $45- they carge $.50 a minute for waiting in traffic. Consider a towncar for a flat $45. I think lt rail would work well for you since you won't get on the train till about 7 pm

I think Light rail would be safe as most people will be at the game by the time you arrive. Silver Cloud has a van that can pick you up from the station. I wouldn't take a cab since they meter by the minute and while the distance woulld be about $45- they carge $.50 a minute for waiting in traffic. Consider a towncar for a flat $45. I think lt rail would work well for you since you won't get on the train till about 7 pm

Thanks David -- that is what I am thinking. Hopefully everyone will be there as the game will be started. Having lived in detroit for many years -- I was often on the light rail going to Joe Louis Arena for a Red wings game -- yeah..........you did not want to be there unless you were half toasted as well! Other option -- town car. Do not want to do a taxi -- too scary on how much it could be!

Note that the Stadium light rail station is closer to the Silver Cloud than the International District station (the one closest to King Street/Amtrak.) Just walk west on Royal Brougham from the Stadium station, a couple of (long but flat) blocks right to the hotel.

Well -- our flight comes in at 6:15 pm (not 6:30) -- so that is too close to start time for me -- not going to do the light rail. We will be tired and crabby -- so not the time to get close to hyped up baseball fans! So found a great towncar service -- Seattle SA Town Car -- total cost of $35 plus tip! Great price and I told them it was a game nite -- they said -- no worries!!

Sad, but true about the lack of a roaring crowd. However, Mariner fans are nothing if not loyal, and they do occasionally win a game. :) If you're a fan at all, it's a shame to not take in the game. IMHO Safeco Field is one of the premier ball parks in the US, with good vision in nearly every seat, amazing food choices (garlic fries and Ichi-Rolls yum), and wonderful people.

Sad, but true about the lack of a roaring crowd. However, Mariner fans are nothing if not loyal, and they do occasionally win a game. :) If you're a fan at all, it's a shame to not take in the game. IMHO Safeco Field is one of the premier ball parks in the US, with good vision in nearly every seat, amazing food choices (garlic fries and Ichi-Rolls yum), and wonderful people.

IT sounds tempting -- they do have some cheap seats -- and do need to get dinner -- I just know we will be wiped out from working all day, flying to seattle and knowing we have to get up to in time to be at amtrak by 6:15 am:( Maybe we will get a room overlooking -- then we can watch while having room service:)

We'll be staying at the Silver Cloud and going to a game...you'll never be in a more convenient location, it was SO nice to just walk across the street after the game was over. Our cruise leaves Sept. 16 but we're arriving on the 14th just so we can watch the Yankees play, then staying someplace else the following night before the cruise.

If you want to get a good night's sleep, I would ask for an interior room at the hotel. We did last time and we could hear muffled train whistles during the night, if you have a room facing the tracks I'm afraid you won't be getting much sleep at all.

It is a great ballpark, with great food (beware the garlic fries), so if you can get cheap seats and even see just part of the game I think it would be worthwhile.

Hmmm.........(beware the garlic fries),??? :D Many people consider that one of the special treats at Safeco Field. In fact lots of people bring signs with clever requests for them, as each game the broadcasters select one party to be given the garlic fries and interviewed on TV. Of course, you DO reek for a while, but garlic is healthy. :)

Archived