New Souv. cups??

dolphiness

any more info on disco ball sightings?

I got one on the Liberty last week! As far as I know, it was only available in the disco. The other special cups were available all over the ship on their given days.

I wanted to get the blowfish but it wasn't available, they didn't get the shipment in time. There was a tall zig zag cup bu I can't remember what they called it, I didn't get one.

I was just on the Pride and I really wanted the blowfish cup to add to my collection, but I wasn't drinking the day they had them out and they sold out so make sure you get whatever cup you want the DAY you see it. One of the bartenders told me that they've had the blowfish cups for about 10 years now so they are retiring that cup. Funny that I've been on 13 cruises and this was the 1st time I've ever seen them.

I was just on the Pride and I really wanted the blowfish cup to add to my collection, but I wasn't drinking the day they had them out and they sold out so make sure you get whatever cup you want the DAY you see it. One of the bartenders told me that they've had the blowfish cups for about 10 years now so they are retiring that cup. Funny that I've been on 13 cruises and this was the 1st time I've ever seen them.
Ooohh I'll be in the Pride in a couple months! Do you remember which days the cups were offered?

Thanks

So just of the Dream with souvenir scavenger hunt experience...

The disco ball was plentiful, but only available in the main show lounge. We were able to get that one empty for $5 or $6 right off the servers tray.

Went to the Lido bar one day and asked about the whale tail. The bartender knew what I was talking about but hadn't seen them in awhile. He agreed to go look in the storage locker for me after his shift and check back later that night... and then the next afternoon, and then he finally remembered. He said that they were no where to be seen and they wouldn't have them. He did see the blowfish but didn't know when it would be out.

The next day low and behold the Lido was covered in whale tail cups all over the place :confused: He said he didn't know where they came from but he didn't see them. Picked that one up empty.

The monkey's were also available towards the end of the cruise. Those couldn't be purchased empty and had to have a drink in them. Something in the $15-$16 range!

The blowfish never made it out. I saw Paul the Bar Mgr that I had met at Chef's Table and he said it is a huge headache and production issue. They can't keep them in stock and blah blah blah. He said they haven't had them in forever. He apologized and said if he had one he would get it himself and just give it to me for the hassle of trying to find it etc etc...

Last night of the cruise in the comedy club I found the original bartender and he went to the storage room and pulled the blowfish out...:confused: Mind you this wasn't more than 20 feet from where I had talked to Paul earlier that night at the Farewell party!

Moral of the story... who knows what is available when or for how long! Kind of like calling CCL on the phone - You can ask 5 people and get 6 different answers :D It wasn't like I spent the whole week on the hunt for these but as I passed the Lido bar I'd ask the bartender on duty about them and eventually hit one that knew something about them so it worked out.

Ooohh I'll be in the Pride in a couple months! Do you remember which days the cups were offered?

Thanks

I know the blowfish was sold on the 2nd day. We had really rough waters that day and about half of the people were kinda sea sick and I had enough "Funship" drinks the 1st day that I wasn't in the mood to drink. The disco ball is usually sold on the last "elegant" night. Just get whatever cup as soon as you see it and you should be fine. I'm not a fan of the monkey heads...they scare me. LOL

The caps are mentioned in the fun times on the little pullout section where they list the drink of the day and the mixologist drink and the food hours...

At least you can see the night before when the towel animals deliver the papers

The shot glasses in the comedy club are very nice. They also had light up (plastic) shot glasses during the late night deck party...

Did the light up shot glasses come in different colors? What do the shot glasses in the comedy club look like?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone who's been on Dream recently seen those adorable pink/red Blowfish cups? They're super cute and I'd really love to have one!!!! :D :D If you have seen them recently, what day of the cruise do they offer them, do they sell out quickly (meaning you have to get up and at em real early and grab 1 ASAP), and which bar(s) around the ship offer them?

Thanks!!!! :D :D

Sent from my iPad

• 2 years later...