Oasis- When Do Show Reservations Begin?

J-Bone

Hi,

I've been wondering when you can start reserving shows on Oasis. I've heard it's 90 days out is this true?? Also does final payment have to be in to reserve shows??

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!!

Royal Caribbean opens up bookings for the shows in "bunches". Your cruise may be in the early sailings of the bunch, in the middle group of the bunch, or in the later stages of the bunch.

So the answer isn't "90 days" or "70 days".

The answer is "it depends."

:D

I believe it is 60 days in advance. Final payment not required.

Well, if you were right, final payment would have been required at 75 days, so you would have made final payment.

But it really does vary. (see my post above)

:)

As above posts mentioned, it varies, you just to keep checking your cruise reservation on their website. I really like how your show reservations appear in your cruise documents when they're issued. Mine were issued on their website on "48 days until my cruise". This sheet will be nice to have with me on the cruise so I know show "day and time" I have reserved. Alittle more to keep up with on this cruise.

Dave

Hi,

I've been wondering when you can start reserving shows on Oasis. I've heard it's 90 days out is this true?? Also does final payment have to be in to reserve shows??

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!!

I'm a bit confused. I've never sailed on RC, but do you have to make reservations ahead of time to see the shows onboard ship? You can't just go to the theatre or lounge at show time?? :confused:

I'm a bit confused. I've never sailed on RC, but do you have to make reservations ahead of time to see the shows onboard ship? You can't just go to the theatre or lounge at show time?? :confused:

On the Oasis and the Allure you pre-book your shows due to the number of passengers these ships can have on board. They do hold some for when you get on board to book then.

J-Bone I don't remember are you on our Nov 12 Oasis?

I'm a bit confused. I've never sailed on RC, but do you have to make reservations ahead of time to see the shows onboard ship? You can't just go to the theatre or lounge at show time??

Read this, from a Cruise Critic that just went on the Allure of the Seas. It explains easily how all the "ticket" stuff works:

Getting turned away from a “sold out” show at sea is almost unheard of in my experience. I’m used to barely half-full theaters with passengers wandering in and out during song-and-dance revues. But the Oasis-class pair (and Norwegian Epic, too) are entirely different dancing bears. Which leads me to Rick Crane, who asked this practical question on Cruise Critic’s Facebook page: Do you need reservations for Allure’s shows? Well, yes. And no. I spoke to Zack, Allure’s South African activities manager, to help me understand how the ship’s shows play out.

Many shows require reservations. Passengers are required to get “tickets” (included in the fare, no assigned seats) for certain shows, including “Blue Planet,” a Cirque-style song-and-dance production in which the stage turns into a giant aquarium one second, a human tree the next (usually two showings per cruise); “Chicago,” the Broadway musical about murderous showgirls (three showings); and “OceanAria,” the AquaTheater show that features ancient sea people who like to high-dive, flip around on trampolines and twist each other into pretzels (five showings). The comedy shows, which occur much more frequently, also require tickets.

If you take your time to book, shows will sell out. Passengers can pre-book evening shows from 90 days until 4 days before the sail date. Note: There are only a certain number of spaces that can be pre-booked online; the remaining tickets are for passengers who want to book once onboard via their cabin TV’s or at the on-ship box office. Zack says that reservations are usually “sold out” by Day 2, but there’s a big caveat, which we’ll get to in a moment.

Get there early or your reservation will be released. Royal Caribbean means it. 45 minutes before show time, an usher starts swiping cards at the door. No reservations, no entry … until 10 minutes before the show, when all reservations evaporate and the standbys surge in. I had pre-booked a spot at the first night’s AquaTheater show, but I was turned away after arriving five minutes before showtime. (Plan B: I watched the show from one of the public-access wing balconies next to the rock-climbing wall.)

But … standbys are welcome. Zack told me that during a study conducted this spring, he found that 70 to 75 percent of reservations are no-shows. Even if a true “sell out” occurs, as with my AquaTheater experience, it’s because they let a flood of standbys in. One tip: standbys wanting to guarantee entry for “OceanAria,” “Chicago” and “Blue Planet,” should get in line early just in case. On the other hand, the comedy shows, of which are staged more frequently, require reservations, but never totally sell out.

If you miss the first staging, don’t fret. During “OceanAria” and “Blue Planet,” the hottest tickets, ushers were turning people away at the gate during the first stagings of each. (Remember, I’m on a peak season summer sailing.) There’s something about being at that premiere performance, said Zack. But, as I mentioned before, there are typically five showings of “OceanAria,” two of “Blue Planet” and three of “Chicago.” You’ll have another chance.

When you cruise matters. There are seasonal factors to consider, too, says Zack. When the ship is sailing at 115 percent occupancy during peak summer or school holiday periods (like this cruise), nearly all 6,360 berths may be inhabited. The size of the theater doesn’t change. During the off-season, the ship will still sail full, but “full” might mean closer to 5,400, double occupancy. (In the industry this is considered 100 percent.) When the ship isn’t stuffed gill-to-gill with kids, the show-related fervor will be less pronounced.

On the Oasis and the Allure you pre-book your shows due to the number of passengers these ships can have on board. They do hold some for when you get on board to book then.

J-Bone I don't remember are you on our Nov 12 Oasis?

Hey there Pam,

Yeah I'm On the Nov 12 cruise.

CAN'T WAIT!!

This was the only question I had that I couldn't find answers on so I posted this.

I have a very dumb question to ask, I have my shows reserved, now when I get on ship will the reservations be in my room or do I have to print out all the confirmations they sent me.

Sorry to hijack your post..

They're electronically saved onto your seapass. When they scan your seapass at the entrance of the theater, they see if you have a reservation or not

Yes, leep track of what your reservations are. I never received anything that showed what my reservations were except for when i printed them after i reserved them on-line.

I made my show reservations before my cruise documents were issued. When my cruise documents were issued on their website around 48 days until my cruise, the show reservations were listed on page 12 on my cruise docs showing each show, the day and time of the show all on one page and number of people included for each show.

Dave

We just returned from the July 30th sailing & had a great time! I made all our show reservations online over 90 days before sailing. I think it made all the difference too. We didn't have anything planned the first night, but decided we wanted to the aqua show (oasis of dreams). We waited in the standby line and got in without a problem. I had reservations for this show later in the week, but it worked out better for that night. For all our other reservations, we just had our card scanned, walked right in & never had to wait.

It's well worth the few minutes it takes to make the reservations. I planned all the shows around Love & Marriage (3rd night?) and Quest (Thursday night).

You will love it!!!

Read this, from a Cruise Critic that just went on the Allure of the Seas. It explains easily how all the "ticket" stuff works:

If you take your time to book, shows will sell out. Passengers can pre-book evening shows from 90 days until 4 days before the sail date. Note: There are only a certain number of spaces that can be pre-booked online; the remaining tickets are for passengers who want to book once onboard via their cabin TV’s or at the on-ship box office. Zack says that reservations are usually “sold out” by Day 2, but there’s a big caveat, which we’ll get to in a moment.

Thanks for the info. I read this and that's where I got the 90 days from.

I too just returned from the July 30th sailing on the Oasis and it is 90 days...we were a family of five and I pre-booked all of our shows even if I wasn't sure if we would be able to attend them. I then booked MTD around the shows...it's better to make your reservations and if you are unable to make them they will be able to release them so you don't need to worry about taking up spots. Print a copy of everything but when you go to your cabin all of your day by day reservations are accessible through the ships channel. They make it very easy !!

I started making reservations a few days after it opened up and I wasn't able to get the times I preferred, however I was close. So I do suggest researching the shows and the MTD times you want, then book when the site opens up (that day).

I had a hard time booking the specialty restaurants on-line at first, but then called them directly and booked Chops and Giovanni's Table (both highly recommended). Also took advantage of The Solarium Bistro discount $10pp instead of $20pp that the ship offered I believe the second and third day. They notify you on the ship's channel by showing you have a message.

**If you book a Specialty Restaurant from home you will need to pre-pay on your credit card...if you want to cancel and get a full refund you need to give them 24hrs notice (double check) or no refund!!

So in closing, I would just book everything you want or think you may want now and then when your on-board if you have to cancel reservations you can always make a courtesy call.

Ours opened up for Oasis 11/5 just inside of 100 days. Seems like they've been opening them up further out lately.

They sent out an e-mail informing everyone. I was quite surprised as I wasn't expecting them to open until closer to 60 days, which is what people on here had been previously reporting.

I have been checking everyday for about a month now....mine are still not able to be booked and I am at 100 days out. Sailing to Oasis on 11/19/11.

Ours opened up for Oasis 11/5 just inside of 100 days. Seems like they've been opening them up further out lately.

They sent out an e-mail informing everyone. I was quite surprised as I wasn't expecting them to open until closer to 60 days, which is what people on here had been previously reporting.

We are also on the 11/5 sailing and booked our shows last week.

I too, am on the 11/12/11 sailing & am still unable to book shows (90 days out). Get message to check back when within 2 months of cruise date. Is this unusual? Do you think they will open it up before this? - So should I be checking daily?

Archived