Nieuw amsterdam VQ balconies

chita

I asked the HAL rep when we made our reservation; she described them as 'a Juliette balcony not really intended for sitting.' But they do have two small chairs.
That's true about the Observation Deck VT's on the Eurodam which can not fit even one chair, but all of the VQs on both ships have standard-size chairs that are certainly intended for sitting! The Panorama deck VQs are just about the same size as the VEs.

Are the VQ balconies on Nieuw Amsterdam really tiny,especially those on the Observation deck?Are there tables and chairs for sitting out?

Here is a photo of a VQ Verandah/Balcony provided by CC member: debjsg (Click on the image to see it full sized)

sm_debjsc_cabin_balc.jpg

And another from Cruzeisme of VQ 10036's

sm-VQ-10036_Cruzisme-3.jpg

If you go to this link you can scroll to the bottom and see photos of Nieuw Amsterdam's VQ 11001 taken by CC member Frankcoll, taken in March 2011 (I did not see that you'd asked about Nieuw Amsterdam specifically, until I posted the ones on Deck 10 on Eurodam. But these will help show you, I hope:): http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-11.html

Joanie

Thanks all. Looks a bit cramped on that balcony.Think I will stick with a VA cabin on deck eight directly below the VQs.
If you move up to a deck 8 plain V you'll get a 7 ft deep balcony instead of the 6 ft of the VA, and be more centrally located. I suggest one under the carpeted Lido area, 8076 or higher.

As Joanie said that was my photo of the Eurodam VQ. We really liked it, but as it was assigned to us from a VH guarantee it was a nice upgrade.

The balcony didn't feel too small for two of us, and its a great view from up there.

However, as you are actually selecting a cabin location, you may prefer one of the larger balconies, such as a category V.

Did you like and use the "spa amenities" or were they just "in the way" on the desk etc?

We drank the free Vitamin water in the fridge, i'm not even sure if they still provide that in 'spa cabins'

The room service breakfast menu was a different 'healthy' version, but we asked the cabin steward to bring as a normal one instead, with all the high calorie treats on as well!

The water feature was annoying to be honest, it took up space, and made a noise, so we had that removed. The decor was nice though, with restful neutral colours.

Archived