Crystal Harmony May 30th

DESTCRZ

Where is everone going to meet. and how will we know one another.:)

Dont let Dam1050 & DESTCRZ distract you, Steve! You see they both failed a 12-step recovery program to rid themselves of their addition to cruise. Two months ago they both swore they were through with cruising. But obviously they've fallen off the wagon and are giddy with delight as they now each have multiple cruises booked!

Now to answer your question, there is a thread over on the Crystal board started by our very own JohnM discussing where/when we should have a sailaway party. But if we want to arrange our own intimate "family" get together, we can certainly do that too. Maybe our first day at sea?

There are lots of nice little nooks and crannies on Harmony for such a gathering!

Suggestions, guys?

Jim,

All good suggestions. Yes, first formal night will be Tuesday, May 31. Last formal night will be Thursday, June 9. Where Crystal throws in the 2nd formal night is anyone's guess at this point. A little closer to our sailing date, I will email Crystal to find out. I was able to do this for our Symphony cruise and it was nice to have the casual/formal/informal schedule before leaving home.

Yes, I suppose Wednesday, June 1 (Victoria) might be a good night to dine at Prego or Kyoto as a group. That would be fun. Unless someone in the group paid their cruise in full at least six months in advance, we can't book specialty restaurants until we physically board the ship. Generally speaking, you can start making these reservations at 1:30pm on embarkation day.

Our experience on the Harmony last June was such that EVERY night was good in the dining room, the only real distinction of formal night being the dressier attire! I hope that holds true this year as well. Harmony was the first ship we've sailed where we enjoyed the dining room on an equal level as the specialty restaurants.

Jim,

I suppose Crystal's thinking is that if you're going to give them your money six months in advance, they "reward" you with the opportunity to prebook specialty restaurants and shore excursions. In addition, they reduce your fare by 3.5%.

Not to worry, however, as we didn't pay either of our two previous Crystal cruises six months out, yet we had no problem getting into the specialty restaurants.

hey sman . . .where are you staying in SF? At the moment we are at the Campton Place (shut up BEAV). We are flying out to the LEFT coast on the evening of Wed 5/25 . . . leave the RIGHT coast at about 430pm and get to SFO at 830pm.

Mike

I just caught up on this thread! Thanks for all the input. Bob and I would like to join the family group for dinner at Prego. Unfortunately, he does not like Asian food so the Koyto would not work for us. Any night which is agreed to by the group will be OK with us. Also, I think a family gathering anywhere on the ship (probably sometime on the first day) is a great idea. Since BEAV has been on the Harmony before, perhaps he can suggest a location.

Well, I guess we won't be hosting the party since we have no deck at all. Let alone the biggest!

But I can tell you Gary and I will be roving the truly big deck, that being deck 12 where the champagne flows freely....compliments of Crystal! If we want to "take the party" inside to the Palm Court or Avenue Saloon once under the Golden Gate, we'll certainly tag along. The more the merrier!

Note to JohnM.....Gary and I went to SF last night to see Summit sail away. Afterwards, we had dinner at a Chinese restaurant nearby on Bay St. Although it was good, Gary mentioned how he'd like to go back to the Salvadoran restaurant in the Mission. We LOVED that place!!! Too bad the hour was late, and it was a "school night", otherwise we probably would have detoured that way!

NANCY !!!

You're in luck....there are still plenty of staterooms available for you and your husband. We'd love to have you join....the more the merrier in my book. We met a very fun husb/wife team on Symphony in March and I'm sure sailing with you two would be no different. But are you SURE you want to travel with this bunch?

If we could just convince Nancy and hubby along with Dam1050 and partner to come along, I'm sure we'd kick off Harmony's first SF cruise of the season like none other before!

Nancy, just switch your Sept sailing to the May 30 cruise! That's all it takes....so easy!

Beav!!!! If I could go May 30th I would be there in a heartbeat!!! WE'd all have a blast, I'll be there in spirit! Actually, the summer is so hot and humid here in Houston so the September 3rd itinerary is perfect for us. Some day, when I have more time and money than I know what to do with, I'll be out of here all summer long! Nancy

Oh, Nancy - you wouldn't even recognize Beav right now --- He's been tugging at his hair all weekend just trying to figure out what to pack and wear for that upcoming Crystal cruise to Alaska ... He doesn't want to be seen in anything previously worn, last years edition, etc.... it makes it kind of

difficult for the poor guy.

We were trying to request that our Betty (Queen Elizabeth II for those not in the know) stick around in Canada and go over to Victoria to meet some of the upper echellon visiting from the U.S. via Crystal Harmony, but she wouldn't have it....apparently Alberta & Saskatchewan are the only Provinces in the colonies worthy of her Royal appearance at this time....

Our Beav: ;)

hhsc_martin_300dpi.jpg

Dave

Our Beav: ;)

hhsc_martin_300dpi.jpg

Dave

Yep, that's me alright. And on a GOOD hair day, too!

Packing is the pits......for a cruise like this you've got to pack for all weather and temperatures! Last year it was in the 80's and even low 90's through Juneau & Skagway. But you've got to pack and plan for 50's too..... No wonder I'm pulling my hair out as Dave's photo suggests!!!

Dave, you are hysterical! Beav, you're gorgeous! Don't stress out too much packing. Of course, I will be stressed out trying to figure out what to bring since the weather changes constantly. Nancy

Just talked to DESTCRZ in West Virginia a few minutes ago. He and Bob are about all packed up and ready to make the Westward Ho. It'll take 'em a week to drive to Californee. That is unless they spend too much time at all those truck stops along the way........

1661993390_MikeBob.jpg.89bf6839fdfc58739629f398e1c404f9.jpg

Just talked to DESTCRZ in West Virginia a few minutes ago. He and Bob are about all packed up and ready to make the Westward Ho. It'll take 'em a week to drive to Californee. That is unless they spend too much time at all those truck stops along the way........

Beav - I'll remember this in August . . . that's all I'll say on the subject!!!!

DestCRZ

Archived