Same Bar Prices On All Rccl Ships ?

Hi,

Was just wondering if Royal Caribbean had the same bar prices across the fleet of ships? Or do they alter based upon cruise / cruise area ?

We are travelling on Legend of the Seas from Southampton in May.

Will they also have draft American beers:) or will it be european brands :( ?

I think the bar prices are the same. They do have the "normal" USA brands of beer like Miller & Bud on the ship in Europe. The sodas are the Euro version of Coke. Instead of diet coke they have "coke light" which tastes very different.

Royal Caribbean have the same bar prices across the fleet? They don't even charge the same prices in different bars on the same ship! I've been charged up to three different prices for the same drink on the same cruise. It's kind of like calling RCI for an answer to a question. :rolleyes:

They don't even have the same non-bar drink prices: We paid about twice as much for a 6oz cappuccino on Majesty of the Seas as we paid for a 14 oz cappuccino on Serenade of the Seas.

We found on the Voyager that the cheapest beer was found at Johnny Rockets! The waiter there told us that all beer prices are the same ship wide but they weren't. It will be interesting to see if the cheap beer prices are found at Johnny's or different bars on different ships. We volunteer to take that survey and will report back as soon as possible.

Make sure to tip a bartender on the first day and he will be your friend the rest of the cruise if you know what I mean. It is amazing what a $20 spot will do for you.

I personally don't understand dropping a $20 for a bartender to remember you! On my last cruise February 05 I didn't tip the bartender and the service was perfect in my mind. I don't sit at the bar and drink...I purchase my drink and leave. The ones that I would tip is the servers that walk around the pools...they look hot, keep smiling and bring you exactly what you ordered...for the bartenders they are out of the sun and make the drinks to spec...

I get tired of hearing tip them and you will get better service. If I chose not to tip does that mean I will be ignored...not likely...I have lungs and can call out my order just as well as anyone else...and I make sure I watch the order in which people are being served...first come first served...

What a tip-crazy nation Americans are!

I am going on my first cruise and I shudder the thought of having to give into 'leagalized begging' in order to supplement a service.

Where is the incentive to do a good job if the tip is always expected.

I am not going to tip unless there is extraordinary service - otherwise my thought is 'why pay them to do their jobs already'

What a tip-crazy nation Americans are!

I am going on my first cruise and I shudder the thought of having to give into 'leagalized begging' in order to supplement a service.

Where is the incentive to do a good job if the tip is always expected.

I am not going to tip unless there is extraordinary service - otherwise my thought is 'why pay them to do their jobs already'

you spelled 'leagalized' wrong........that's the nicest thing I can think of to say about these comments

I personally don't understand dropping a $20 for a bartender to remember you! On my last cruise February 05 I didn't tip the bartender and the service was perfect in my mind. I don't sit at the bar and drink...I purchase my drink and leave. The ones that I would tip is the servers that walk around the pools...they look hot, keep smiling and bring you exactly what you ordered...for the bartenders they are out of the sun and make the drinks to spec...

I get tired of hearing tip them and you will get better service. If I chose not to tip does that mean I will be ignored...not likely...I have lungs and can call out my order just as well as anyone else...and I make sure I watch the order in which people are being served...first come first served...

Just noticed that we are from the same place, I used to be on this board a few years ago but had taken time out to have a couple of babies but am back in the cruising world, thank goodness.

Just noticed that we are from the same place' date=' I used to be on this board a few years ago but had taken time out to have a couple of babies but am back in the cruising world, thank goodness.[/quote']

When are you cruising again? Do you go out of TO or Detroit...we have done both and find that Detroit is much less expensive for air travel.

Nice to see somone from my city on here....:)

... The sodas are the Euro version of Coke. Instead of diet coke they have "coke light" which tastes very different.

I'm not sure about the diet processing, but I do know for sure* that the regular formula is:

Coke (U.S.) is made with corn syrup now

Coke (non-US) is still made with regular white sugar like ALL Cokes were made 20 years ago

I know the Coke I drink today does not taste as good as the little bottle my Grandma gave me 35 years ago.

*best friend is an exec with Coke

A $20 pre tip, LOL? I would also like to know what you think you got that you would not have otherwise.

Alright, so in this case, a pre-tip is not the same as pre-tipping your, lets say, cabin steward. If you tip the bartender well at the beginning of the cruise, you WILL get perks you would not otherwise.

Examples:

If it's really busy at the bar that night, they will more than likely make an effort to make sure they help you as soon as possible. Also, if you like mixed drinks, chances are, you'll get more alcohol in yours. To me, that is different than tipping someone to do their job. You're tipping them because they are doing above andbeyond for you, and going out of their way to help you out.

Note: You don't necessarily have to tip to get this treatment. You could just be nice to the bartender and treat them like a person rather than a slave (you'd be amazed how some people treat the crew of cruise ships), talk to thm/make friends with them/ be an attractive member of the opposite sex, etc... It may not be fair, but the world is not fair.

Just my opinion...

Examples:

If it's really busy at the bar that night, they will more than likely make an effort to make sure they help you as soon as possible. Also, if you like mixed drinks, chances are, you'll get more alcohol in yours.

As I said in my posting -- I watch for first come first served...I certainly would be using my lungs and NICELY saying..I think I was first...I don't feel anyone money or not should get service if all are waiting for the same thing.

IMHO

• 2 weeks later...
When are you cruising again? Do you go out of TO or Detroit...we have done both and find that Detroit is much less expensive for air travel.

Nice to see somone from my city on here....:)

We are going on the VOS again (well I am, leaving DH and kids at home) travelling with a best friend who has never sailed before. Not until Dec 05 but the anticipation is good for now. Yes pretty neat to see someone on this board from the same city considering that its not Toronto a bigger metropolis. We actually may go out of Detroit this time, I checked some flights and they look about 20 to 30 $ less on most airlines. We'll see as we have not booked the flights yet and will wait a bit due to the costs going up. I should actually check more regularily.

Hey spring has actually arrived here for us. Sorry it took so long to reply but I just figured the USER CP part to see my posts. Take Care

Archived