Rebooking onboard incentives?

I believe you get a $100 shipboard credit on your future cruise (i.e., if you book enchantment while sailing on explorer, when you sail on enchantment you will have $100 already on your tab to apply to your bar bill or anything else you purchase on board with your SeaPass card).

Not sure if the amount of the shipboard credit varies with the length of the cruise you are booking...It's $100 for 7-nights.

- PAGA

Your ship board credit does change depending on the amount of days you book. For a 3-5 day booking you receive $50, a 7 day sailing is $100, and and a 10 day or longer receives $200. You can book a ship and a sail date while on ship and change your sail date and the amount of days and still retain your ship board credit. You MUST keep your booking number when making any changes to your cruise. If you lose your booking number, you lose your credit. You also can not combine your cruise with a group or you will lose your ship board credit.Some cruisers are not aware of the benifit of booking on board. I will always book something and if I want to change to a different ship I will do so when I get home.

I have a couple of Q's ... if you don't mind..

Do you go onboard with another cruise/date in mind? do you research 1st? Is there a certain time/appt. to speak with someone on the ship? I'm already looking into another cruise and i have never even set foot on a ship!! From all of the reading on these boards, i already know i'm gonna love it!;)

Moonmom,

We had no clue as to what we wanted to do for our next cruise, just that we wanted to do one in January 2006. You can do research on line at the RCCL website, to get an idea of what you want to do, before cruise. You make an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador aboard the ship to book your cruise. Just a suggestion, book your appointment early in your cruise so you can discuss your options with him/her and find out prices. You can then think about it for a few days and then reserve an appointment so you can book your cruise.

If you get home and find something else you would rather do you can change your dates, ship, cabin number and keep your shipboard credit as long as you keep your booking number. Your booking number will follow you as long as you have your Travel Agent or RCCL transfer it to your new reservation.

We had people with our Meet and Mingle that booked their cruise and are waiting for the new sail dates that come out later this year. They will then change their cruise to a sailing that wasn't available at that time the booked on the Brilliance.

On Disney, they offered a 10% discount and $200 shipboard credit if you rebooked onboard. Does RCCL offer this?

PS Sorry for asking soooo many questions :rolleyes:

Kim

First of all..........never apologize for asking questions! That is what this board is all about.

I booked the Jewel for Thanksgiving before we took our trip on the Jewel in February. Even with the onboard credit, we paid less booking earlier. ( about 2 weeks before we sailed. ) The prices can go up at any time, so your best bet is to book something and then double check if the prices are the same when you get on board. If so, ask if they can apply the on board credit to your booking, or if they want to go through the whole process to re-book on board. Either way, you will save money.

so....does that mean that if i book another cruise BEFORE i leave in June, they will be able to offer me a credit for that cruise? or only if i RE-BOOK while onboard - at whatever rate they have avaliable at the time? The thing is this: i have been researching future cruises and if i happen to find one that i'm interested in AND the cabin i would like is available, i would hate to risk losing it over a $100 credit.....

Thanks for the help everyone! Again, i cannot tell you how helpful these boards are! :)

You will only get credit if you re-book onboard. If you find something you want now at a good price I would book it. If the prices are about the same when you cruise then go ahead & re-book. Lately though it seems the prices have gone up more after booking than what the ship board credit is worth.

so....does that mean that if i book another cruise BEFORE i leave in June, they will be able to offer me a credit for that cruise? or only if i RE-BOOK while onboard -

No - you're getting hung up on the terminology a little.

re-book - meaning you book your next cruise while on board (the reservation does not exist yet). It doesn't mean book before the cruise and then "re"-book it while on board.

No - you're getting hung up on the terminology a little.

re-book - meaning you book your next cruise while on board (the reservation does not exist yet). It doesn't mean book before the cruise and then "re"-book it while on board.

Actually I don't think they are, moonmom was asking if she booked her 2nd cruise BEFORE she took the 1st could she get a shipboard credit. The answer was No, unless she "re-booked" the 2nd cruise while onboard.

Sometimes if a price on a sailing I am interested in is REALLY good it's better to go ahead & book now rather than wait till I am onboard. If the price hasn't gone up more than the credit I would be getting I can always re-book the cruise while onboard, cancelling the original booking.

I have a question for you experienced at booking while on board....you mention making an appointment to see the Loyalty Ambassador. When I've been on a cruise I've going up to the C&A lounge when the LA was there and just waited to speak to her. How do you make the appointments....do you go up there or is this something you can do by phone while on the ship? I defintely want to book another cruise when we're on the Serenade, but I also don't want to spend most of my cruise sitting and waiting to speak to the LA. Thanks for any advice you can give.

We've talked to the loyalty ambassador many times without making an appointment. Booked our next cruise on board and it took about ten minutes! If you walk by and he/she does look terribly busy, just stop in and start talking. You won't be chased away.

Know what ship and date you want before you talk to the LA. Go to the RCCL online area and check the RCCL web site (free). You can even print for free from those computers. The LA's know less than my TA about their own ships. I personally have only had bad luck with the LA's on the ships. So far they have been clueless. They have given me bad information and usually have no clue how to be nice to people without appearing to have "God syndrome". Maybe I have been the only one here to have bad luck with people in this position?

On the Majesty last month I asked when the Crown and Anchor parties for return guests were she very rudely said "There ISN'T one." I said "Oh I thought there was going to be one." She yanked a brochure out of a rack describing the befefits for Crown and Anchor levels, shoved it at me and pointed out that it now says "for 7 night and longer cruises". Okay no big deal right? Funny the next night we had an invitation from HER for the repeaters party. UGH talk about dumb! During the party they weren't having, she proceded to bash the U.S. and it's school systems.

I guess what I am getting at is, do your own homwork because the Loyalty Ambassadors don't always know as much about their own ships as we as guests do :)

Bobbie

Archived