Sagrada Familia Advance Tickets

Denverite

We are thinking of prebooking tickets for Sagrada Familia for our stop in Barcelona in November. Our ship docks at 8am (supposedly) although unsure which terminal. We will probably need to take the blue shuttle to Columbus Monument and then take cab to Sagrada Familia (apparently a 10 minute ride depending upon traffic). The problem is that you need to prebook entrance for a certain time (either 9 to 10:00 or 10 to 11:00). I'm thinking if we dock timely we will have no problem getting there by 10:00. Has anyone prebooked tickets for a set time and arrived later (or earlier) and been denied entrance? Just curious. Thanks!

We were in Barcelona in May and didn't prebook tickets. We were there in the early morning and only had to stand in line about 10 minutes. THe line moves rather quickly. Instead of a taxi if you feel like it try their subway. Really easy to use. There is a statioin near the Sagrada Familia. You will have to change subway line but it is really easy to do. However where ever you go in Barcelona be aware of your surrounding and take care of your possession. (pickpockets) That being said we spent 3 days and went all over Barcelona and didn't have any trouble with pickpockets but we did hear stories from other people concerning them.

• 2 months later...

We did order tickets on line for next week. Do you have to purchase separate tickets to go up in the elevators or is that part of the general admission? Someone mentioned that one elevator has a short line because you have to walk down. How long is the walk down # of flights? If someone has a fear of heights will they do ok at the top? How confining is it? If you have to purchase elevator tickets can they be purchase in advance?

Thanks

We did order tickets on line for next week. Do you have to purchase separate tickets to go up in the elevators or is that part of the general admission? Someone mentioned that one elevator has a short line because you have to walk down. How long is the walk down # of flights? If someone has a fear of heights will they do ok at the top? How confining is it? If you have to purchase elevator tickets can they be purchase in advance?

Thanks

Best move you made yet, Ed. There were over 200 people in the no ticket line and 4 persons in the "already got them" line I got the 9-10 am window on Sunday am and was the 4th person into the cathedral, I honestly started to cry it was such a sight to see. Going up in the lift is a must, 2.50 Euro paid at the entrance.

I was traveling solo and a little nervous about the public transit but it was a breeze. Sagrada is on the L2 purple and if you are going to Las Ramblas, walk 5 minutes to Passieg de gracia and go three stops. It's easy and cheap.

It takes about 10 minutes to walk down depending on who's in front of you and how many pics are being taken out the "windows" yes it's confining and if you are afraid of heights I'd say leave them to explore the main floor.

I looked at that site for ticket purchases to the Sagrada Familia. Does the General Visit ticket include the elevator to the tower top or is that separate, to be bought in the cathedral.

No it is an extra 2.50 euro at the entrance gate to the cathedral.

We prepurchased our tickets for La Sagrada for next week, however, I didn't print out the page for the tickets when I purchased since I did it from a computer that wasn't linked to a printer. I assumed I'd get an email confirmation that would take me to a link to still print out the tix.

Well, I got the email confirmation, but no link to print out tix. Does anybody have any idea how I actually go about getting the tix? Do I have to stand in the long line, or just go to the prepurchased ticket line and show them my confirmation?

Thanks!

We prepurchased our tickets for La Sagrada for next week, however, I didn't print out the page for the tickets when I purchased since I did it from a computer that wasn't linked to a printer. I assumed I'd get an email confirmation that would take me to a link to still print out the tix.

Well, I got the email confirmation, but no link to print out tix. Does anybody have any idea how I actually go about getting the tix? Do I have to stand in the long line, or just go to the prepurchased ticket line and show them my confirmation?

Thanks!

There are kiosks all over in BCN that (I believe) will print your ticket when you supply the confirmation number. These kiosks vend tix for metro too. That info is readily available on the official Sagrad Familar website so verify beforehand. Here is a TA link with info

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k4823892-Another_Sagrada_Familia_ticket_purchase_question-Barcelona_Catalonia.html#35981656

• 5 months later...
Here is the web site for advanced ticket purchases for Sagrada Familia

http://www.servicaixa.com

I already bought the tickets from ServiCaixa and printed them out. Can you tell me if those tickets that I printed are for presentation at La Sagrada or if you have to go by the kiosk and get "real" tickets? The information from ServiCaixa is very confusing in this regard. Thanks for any info.

I already bought the tickets from ServiCaixa and printed them out. Can you tell me if those tickets that I printed are for presentation at La Sagrada or if you have to go by the kiosk and get "real" tickets? The information from ServiCaixa is very confusing in this regard. Thanks for any info.

We just bought tickets for next Tuesday. I'm sure you don't have to swap the tickets for another set of tickets. Here is what the website says:

If you decide to print your tickets with this option, the other collection options will not be available.

Note: For having bought your tickets through ServiCaixa you can enter the basilica by an exclusive entrance in C/ Sardenya.

I take it to mean you go straight to the exclusive entrance.

Archived