cancel ES re-book as PG

alexney

I have searched the forums, but haven't been able to find the answer. I think I have it figured out, but I wanted to get it from the experts here :)

We are booked as Early Saver on the Pride in April 2012. Just found out that we need to change the date due to circumstances out of our control. We want to change to February 2012. I understand there will be a $50 per person fee that we will lose to change the date. Will we be able to change to Past Guest for the booking or will we need to remain on Early Saver?

You can change to past guest, but remember the remainder of the future credit, the rest of the ES deposit remains nonrefundable forever.

I thought the balance ($200) went into credit for the next cruise????

I thought the balance ($200) went into credit for the next cruise????
It does. But even if the OP changes to PG rate and then has to cancel, the deposit is still non-refundable under ES.

I had the same situation arise and changed to a sailing earlier in the year. I had to pay a $50 per person "administrative fee" to make the change. Could this fee have been applied to a different cruise not yet booked instead of simply going into the black hole? There will certainly be morte cruises later. I also wish I could have kept the ES, as the price has dropped since I switched (I did negotiate an upgrade).

I have canceled an ES booking and rebooked (during the same call) under PG (ES rates were gone). My booking remained ES and I was able to get reductions on the 2nd booking until 2 days before sailing. The original ES deposit (minus $50/pp) was transferred to the new cruise and remained nonrefundable.

I have canceled an ES booking and rebooked (during the same call) under PG (ES rates were gone). My booking remained ES and I was able to get reductions on the 2nd booking until 2 days before sailing. The original ES deposit (minus $50/pp) was transferred to the new cruise and remained nonrefundable.

right, there isnt much reason to ask to change to past guest.

That is what I should have done - completely cancelled the original booking and kept the $50/pp as credit for the next cruise. I wish the Carnival rep had suggested this to me at the time. Oh well - too late now!

Thanks for the suggestions - good to know for next time...

That is what I should have done - completely cancelled the original booking and kept the $50/pp as credit for the next cruise. I wish the Carnival rep had suggested this to me at the time. Oh well - too late now!

Thanks for the suggestions - good to know for next time...

No matter what you do the $50pp is gone. It is not transferred to any other cruise.

If it's a 7 day cruise and the deposit is $250pp and you cancel the ES booking you are charged a $50pp administrative fee pp and then you have $200pp credit that Carnival holds for up to 2 years to apply towards another cruise.

So if you completely cancelled and they charged you $50pp fee what happened to the balance of your deposit?

Pretty sure you didn't get that back.:confused:

Bill

Archived