Bubba Gump Shrimp

arby70

I heard Bubba Gump Shrimp in NOLA is merely an upgraded version of Long John Silvers. I know it's a touristy place but I was considering going there. Any comments from people who have eatten there?:confused:

I heard Bubba Gump Shrimp in NOLA is merely an upgraded version of Long John Silvers. I know it's a touristy place but I was considering going there. Any comments from people who have eatten there?:confused:

That's a good way to describe it. :D Food is OK but you are surrounded by great places to eat in NOLA. You'll not find many locals at Bubba Gump's.;)

We ate there prior to our cruise last year because it was a restaurant that our two teens wanted to eat in, so we tried it. It was fun to do, as the waiters/waitresses quiz you about various things in the Forrest Gump movie. If you have kids or teens or you just enjoy that type of entertainment, you should enjoy it. The food was decent, but it is not meant to compare to the finer area restaurants. It would be in the same category as Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock Cafe.

Pav

We had just arrived in NO, and were starting to walk around and get acquainted with the city. When we saw Bubba Gump Shrimp, thought we would stop for a drink. After spending 10 minutes sitting at the bar trying to get the bartenders attention, we decided there had to be somewhere better to go. Everyplace else we stopped in were so happy to see us! There is a brew pub, perhaps Crescent City, just a bit farther down. That became a regular stop to "refresh" ourselves.

is one of the places we planned on going to. We are also considering the Acme Oyster Bar, the Gumbo Shop, House of Blues & Margaritaville (touristy I'm sure, but haven't been to one), Mike Anderson's, and maybe the Red Fish Grill or The Alpine. Hope to experience some good food and fun atmosphere without breaking our bank account before we even go on our cruise.;)

Archived