carry on size and limit?

Anyone know what the size dimensions have to be for carry on luggage? And do they limit how many you can carry on? I was thinking me and the hubby would each have a small roller suitcase, then we have a cpap and a camera bag. Would we be allowed to have four carry ons? I'm not worried about having to hold on to everything until the room is ready. We did the same on our last carnival cruise.

I'm one of those people that when they travel always worries that they will lose my luggage. :o

I think the only requirement would be that they would have to fit through the scanning machine.

And you must be able to carry or tote luggage safely, as you walk up and down stairs, when you arrive or depart the ship.

I was thinking me and the hubby would each have a small roller suitcase...

A "small roller suitcase" actually sounds like it would be larger than a regular carry on - is it? As Puff said, your carry-ons must be able to fit through the scanners, same size as the ones in airports. If they don't fit you will be asked to go back outside and check them with a porter as luggage.

We've used bags that measured 24" x 16" x 10" as carry on to the ship (not on an aircraft as they are larger than most airlines allow) if that helps and they went through the scanner no problem. The baggage handlers did want to take them off us but we politely declined their offer.

A "small roller suitcase" actually sounds like it would be larger than a regular carry on - is it? As Puff said, your carry-ons must be able to fit through the scanners, same size as the ones in airports. If they don't fit you will be asked to go back outside and check them with a porter as luggage.

The scanners are not the same size as for airport carry ons. There is a limit for this since the bag has to fit in the over head compartment.

I have also carried on a 24 inch tall suitcase many times with no problems. That is quite a bit larger than you are allowed to carry onto an airplane.

We've used bags that measured 24" x 16" x 10" as carry on to the ship (not on an aircraft as they are larger than most airlines allow) if that helps and they went through the scanner no problem. The baggage handlers did want to take them off us but we politely declined their offer.

Perfect. That is what I was wondering. I have really small rollers but they hardly hold anything so I wanted to use the one that is a little bit bigger which is almost the same size as the one you mentioned.

The smallest one I have on wheels is reallyyyyyy tiny. Actually is more of an overnight bag since it doesn't hold much but I think I will use the little bit bigger ones since others say they have been able to with no problem.

What happens if you buy a large package at a port of call that doesn't fit through the security machine?

They just toss it overboard! :D

Seriously though,they will just do a visual inspection.

They will also do a visual inspection when you board with your luggage. On our last cruise we sat next to a couple on the pier shuttle that carried all their luggage on so that they didn't have to worry about anything getting lost. They didn't have any problems. (This is probably one of those things that is determined more by port security than the cruiseline so YMMV!)

Perfect. That is what I was wondering. I have really small rollers but they hardly hold anything so I wanted to use the one that is a little bit bigger which is almost the same size as the one you mentioned.
Glad it helped

Archived