Dawn - Balconies on Decks 9 & 10

candydane

I believe that all the balcony cabins are the same size as are the balconies themselves. They are fully covered.

However, the aft-facing balcony cabins do have larger balconies that are not fully covered, but do cost more.

I can only speak to the aft (stern) balconies and they are larger than the balconies on the port and starboard sides (non suite categories). You should also know the aft balconies on 10 are larger than the aft balconies on 9.

Good luck with your planning.

I believe that all the balcony cabins are the same size as are the balconies themselves. They are fully covered.

However, the aft-facing balcony cabins do have larger balconies that are not fully covered, but do cost more.

I think that I was wrong here about the aft balconies....they seem from pictures to be the same as the mid ship balconies and they are covered.

About the size of aft (stern) balconies.

I do not want to contradict anybody, but the Dawn does not have Deck 11 aft balconies. The balconies on Decks 8, 9 and 10 seem to be identical, cabin category to cabin category.

On the Jewel and Gem the balconies on Deck 10 are indeed larger. Looking straight down from the Great Outdoors, one can see about 1.5 ft of Deck 10's balcony. Deck 11's balcony is not visible. So, if anything falls down from the buffet, it lands on a Deck 10 balcony. Someone above us last week apparently was trying to feed the gulls in Nassau. Some of the bread pieces landed on our balcony on Deck 10.

I'll try to include 2 relevant pix.

Juergen (and Helen)

Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314308942.998476.jpg.6d14f017b81a59b1f55dfc1c13fce669.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314309002.761828.jpg.ed8c3ccd1b873901c3095aa16643363b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314309060.075351.jpg.67f39e9f6eef99c79fa774b5a5b83525.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314309089.757143.jpg.07df7c19a77d800a9e032270c3a3a0a8.jpg

About the size of aft (stern) balconies.

I do not want to contradict anybody, but the Dawn does not have Deck 11 aft balconies. The balconies on Decks 8, 9 and 10 seem to be identical, cabin category to cabin category.

Juergen (and Helen)

Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

I'm not sure any previous poster mentioned deck 11 balconies as being aft and deck 10 balconies, on the Dawn, are indeed deeper (bigger) compared to the same cabins on 8 & 9.

Archived