To take an upgrade or to lock in to cabin?

Commieri

Called Princess this morining. I stayed with NO Upgrade. They do try to notify you and give you back your original cabin if you don't like the upgrade but it may not be possible to get it back. So, you do run the risk of loosing a good cabin and being placed in a smaller cabin, bad location etc. All said and done, I will play it safe and stay put on C332.

Your cabin is great. The thing to weigh is that the only possible upgrades from your BA balcony is to a mini suite or suite. Some people don't like the smaller exposed balconies that the mini suites have on the Dolphin Deck. Others would love to have the tub and the extra room that mini suites offer.

Some people we met on our last cruise were upgraded between the time they printed out their boarding passes and luggage tags the evening before the cruise and when they boarded. They found out about it at check in and they booked through Princess. So I dont agree that you are always given notice and have 2 days to respond.

• 6 months later...
We booked our cruise through the Princess website and I don't recall seeing any place to select "no upgrade". Can anyone tell me where in the Cruise Personalizer I would be able to make that selection?

My thanks in advance,

Karen

There is none. Get yourself a good TA and besides saving money, have him/her take care of it for you.

That option seems to have disappeared from the booking engine; I noticed it myself the other day. You probably have to call and ask to have your booking marked. Do be aware that Princess has recently changed their options to two, No Upgrade, and No Upgrade except to the next level. (inside to outside, or balcony to mini-suite, for example)

Archived