Allure - Port Everglades Web Cam

ropomo

Pardon the novice question, but with the search function currently disabled, why is the side of the AOS "fuzzed" out on the web cam? Is it always this way?

Richard

I think the whole view is fuzzed due to bad weather. Rain / humidity on the webcam.

Prior to sail away the cabin section of the ship looked like the "innocent bystander" on the 6 o'clock news with the face blurred. The rest of the ship and frame looked fine. During sail away it also looked fine. Prior however looked like someone had purposely blurred the balcony section of the ship.

Richard

It's my MAC that's being finicky. I must have messed up the settings somehow. I just checked it on my iPad and it showed up easy-peasy!

I'm a techno-dunce....

I always have problems on the Mac and have to pull out the windows running laptop to watch sail away. The only thing I've ever had to pull the other laptop out for. :confused:

If I may, let me address some of your comments:

1. Nothing is ever deliberately blurred. The side of AOTS may have looked as such because of video compression. This isn't the time or place to teach a class on how that affects image detail in Internet streaming video.

2. Our video uses Adobe Flash technology and that does not sit well on some Apple products. Many people do enjoy our webcams on MACs but a few also have problems. Upgrading to the very latest Adobe Flash plug-in for your Internet browser of choice is the most common solution.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

3. On apple iDevices ... iPad/iPod/iPhone ... we don't use Adobe Flash as it is not supported at all by Apple. We use an Apple technology which works just fine.

Thousands of people watch and enjoy our webcams every weekend and tens of thousands every week. Hope you can join those numbers.

Regards,

David.

www.portevergladeswebcam.com

www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

www.nyharborwebcam.com

www.portfever.com

OK...stupid question. Love watching the Allure sail aways as our son works on the ship, but can I get it to work on my wife's I-Pad too?? Is there a different address that I am missing.

I simply plugged in the standard web address on my iPad2. Once it opened up to the page I had to tap the "play button" on the screen and there it was!

Doesn't seem to work on my I-Phone though it does on my wife's I-Pad2.

Should work on 4th Generation iPhones and iPods (which I use every day) but not guaranteed to work on earlier versions or on slow 3G wireless broadband connections. A 1Mbps+ WiFi connection should be fine.

David.

Archived