Hilton Garden Inn to Hilton Molino

somogirl

WOW! You must really love Hilton. The Hilton Garden Inn is not even in Venice but on the mainland in Mestre. And the Molino is across the water from Venice proper. Assuming you can handle your luggage one option would be to take the vaporetto to the Venice train station and grab a train to Mestre (and then a taxi to your hotel). You could also catch a bus from the P. Roma to Mestre (not sure where the buses stop in relation to the Hilton Garden). This is going to take you some time and also take you away from Venice. Hopefully this is what you want. Otherwise, you might want to consider finding a single hotel for your entire stay.

Hank

Yes, I love Hilton because we use points. We are coming in early evening on Friday so we found a hotel close to the airport. We will get up on Saturday morning and head into Venice and check into the Molino( we would have stayed at the Molino on Friday night but they were booked) before boarding our cruise ship on Sunday. So I need transportation advice we will have one big suitcase and 2 small.

Hi Somogirl,

Have a wonderful cruise! I would be interested in your reviews of the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hilton Stuckey Molino when you return. We are considering them for a trip in the spring (we are also using points). I'm especially interested in the Hilton's shuttle and the availability and cost of transportation to the cruise terminal. The Hilton 800 line was not that informative and couldn't even give me an email address to ask the hotel directly! I would appreciate your comments when you return.

Thanks,

Lee

As an X NYrker, I don't think staying at the Molino Stucky is like staying in NJ because it is on the Giudecca island which IS part of Venice. It is just across a canal from the rest of the city.

From your hotel in Mestre you can take a land taxi into Venice to Piazzale Roma and then private water taxi or public water bus. You can go to the airport and take the Alilaguna ferry boats directly.

There is a lot of info and prices for all these options here on the hotel web site:

http://www.molinostuckyhilton.com/transferinformation.php#contentRight

Yes, I love Hilton because we use points. We are coming in early evening on Friday so we found a hotel close to the airport. We will get up on Saturday morning and head into Venice and check into the Molino( we would have stayed at the Molino on Friday night but they were booked) before boarding our cruise ship on Sunday. So I need transportation advice we will have one big suitcase and 2 small.

The concierge in Mestre will advise you but I think the most direct route would be (land) taxi to the cruise terminal and Alilaguna blue line water bus to the Molino for 7 euro per person. The Hilton Molino Stucky is one stop from the cruise terminal whereas it is well over an hour from the airport. Have fun.

We also have Hilton points and sometimes use them in Europe, particularly when we stay at the Hilton Rome Airport. But in Venice, we save our points and head to our favorite tiny hotel (more like a B&B) conveniently located right at the Piazale Roma. One nice thing about Venice is that if you buy a vaporetto pass (they sell then for 12, 24, 36., 48, 72 etc hours) you can easily get anywhere by using those vaporettos and your feet. Staying right at the P. Roma makes it easy from both the airport (the airport bus goes to the P. Roma) and to the port (you can take the people mover, free shuttle (if it runs) or new People Mover).

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
We also have Hilton points and sometimes use them in Europe, particularly when we stay at the Hilton Rome Airport. But in Venice, we save our points and head to our favorite tiny hotel (more like a B&B) conveniently located right at the Piazale Roma. One nice thing about Venice is that if you buy a vaporetto pass (they sell then for 12, 24, 36., 48, 72 etc hours) you can easily get anywhere by using those vaporettos and your feet. Staying right at the P. Roma makes it easy from both the airport (the airport bus goes to the P. Roma) and to the port (you can take the people mover, free shuttle (if it runs) or new People Mover).

Hank

Hank,

Would you mind mentioning the name of your "favorite tiny hotel" at Piazale Roma? That might be an easier solution for us too.

Thanks,

Lee

Hank,

Would you mind mentioning the name of your "favorite tiny hotel" at Piazale Roma? That might be an easier solution for us too.

Thanks,

Lee

Happy to oblige. We like the Ca Doge which you can find listed on sites like Venere.com or their own website. It is a small hotel located right on the Piazale Roma and is more like a small inn then a real hotel. There are no elevators (not good if you cannot climb stairs) and appears to be an old house that was converted into a hotel. The main charm of the place is the convenient location for cruises (or when we drive a car to Venice) and the wonderful staff. There are a few other hotels that have been mentioned on CC in the same general vicinity and we would also like to check-out the Hotel Olimpia which has received some positive reviews. The Olimpia looks like a larger property with more amenities that might be a better choice for those looking for a more traditional hotel.

Hank

I think that the best ways would be to go to the maritima at the airport and take the Alilaguna directly to the Molino Stucky (15 euros pp) or to take a taxi to the port in Venice (40 euros) and take the Alilaguna to the hotel (6 euros pp) more expensive but quicker.

Archived