Ultimate Ship Tour

OPSnorkeler

It is sort of expensive but worth it. I think I paid $150. It might be more now. You sign up at the passenger service desk. If there are too many signed up, they will have a lottery.

They take you all over the ship .. those that are safe for passengers anyway. You see the backstage of the Princess Theater, the printing press room, the medical areas, where they have the anchor and ropes for docking, the food services areas including the kitchen, the laundry and you end up on the bridge with the captain. In each area they have the person in charge to tell you about it and answer questions. They do not take you to the engine room - too dangerous. But you see the control center that runs the engines and the rest of the ship for that matter. You do not see inside the crew quarters but you do walk by their cabins. There are a number of steps involved. You get gifts at various places. I got stationary and a chef's jacket and a picture with me between two show girls!. Guess which one is my favorite.

However, much to my surprise and dismay, they generally do not have it when there is only one sea day. So I bought a nice watch instead. :rolleyes:

Yes, that was a huge disappointment on my Med cruise on the Star. I guess there is just too much else going on that day for them to have it. I was really looking forward to it as well :(

We did ours on Emerald in 06/10 and loved it. Saw many areas of the ship (Laundry,Galley, Medical, Eng control room, Food storage, Bridge, Backstage of theater) Included in ours was A few photos, Chef Jacket and a very nice plushrobe and tour total was $100 at that time. Heck the cost of the robe was $90 so was worth it. Was fun seeing what goes on behind the scenes. Can see how much work all these crewmembers actually do to make our vacations great.

Archived