Thanksgiving on the Eurodam? menu

LynnTTT

We'll be on the Eurodam over Thanksgiving. Although we love the idea of being away, I know I'll miss home cooking-mine. We're from Baltimore and traditionally have Saurkraut with turkey (don't knock it if you ain't tried it!) and I wonder what they might serve on Holland America ships (or the Eurodam specifically) :(and what you'll miss that is traditional on your table. And I have to tell you I've been on a diet for two weeks and am ready to eat the cat.

LynnTTT- we're on the Eurodam over Thanksgiving also. There's another thread going on about Thanksgiving aboard any HAL ship and turkey is a big issue.

My only concern is my grown daughter and her fiance who are vegetarians. I'm sure that HAL has a wonderful selection for them that night also. I just want everyone happy.

We haven't had a holiday together for some time so it doesn't matter to me what I eat, just that we're together!

• 4 months later...

We did eat in the MDR and I had the Thanksgiving dinner. I thought it was pretty good; roasted turkey (light and dark), brussels sprouts, a sweet potato puree and a little cranberry sauce. Pretty good. And to play it safe, I cooked an entire turkey dinner the Sunday before we left so I wouldn't miss my saurkraut.

Is that something of a tradition from the Baltimore Maryland area or from your family? My wife always has Pork and Saurkraut on New Years Day (a luck thing she says:confused:) How do you make your Saurkraut with turkey? Stuff the bird with saurkraut? Cook the saurkraut by it self? Is the kraut on the outside and if so, does the skin get krisp? I aways like to try new things.:D

Let me know how you cook your Saurkraut with turkey.:)

Archived