Safest Port of Miami Park, Sleep Cruise Hotel

ibcnusoon

We are looking for a safe hotel near the Port of Miami for an overnight pre-cruise hotel stay and parking at the hotel.

I did some research and found the Hyatt Summerfield Suites and the Hampton Inn South, Blue Lagoon.

Any others that we should look into? I would like free transportation to POM day of cruise.

Thanks!

We are looking for a safe hotel near the Port of Miami for an overnight pre-cruise hotel stay and parking at the hotel.

I did some research and found the Hyatt Summerfield Suites and the Hampton Inn South, Blue Lagoon.

Any others that we should look into? I would like free transportation to POM day of cruise.

Thanks!

Look at the downtown Hilton. Sometimes they have the package under "specials" on their website.

Prices at the downtown Hilton often make parking at POM a bargain. :rolleyes:

The Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is located out near the MIA airport -- all downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking. :eek: From any MIA airport area hotel you are a 15 minute cab/shuttle ride away from the port. Other park/sleep/cruise hotels to check out include the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon and the Embassy Suites near MIA. A budget option near MIA that is popular on these boards is the La Quinta East - mixed reviews, but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers. :o

If a free shuttle is not included to/from POM (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to your car, never :() you are looking at just under $30 for a taxi (including tip).

Good luck! :)

Prices at the downtown Hilton often make parking at POM a bargain. :rolleyes:

The Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is located out near the MIA airport -- all downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking. :eek: From any MIA airport area hotel you are a 15 minute cab/shuttle ride away from the port. Other park/sleep/cruise hotels to check out include the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon and the Embassy Suites near MIA. A budget option near MIA that is popular on these boards is the La Quinta East - mixed reviews, but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers. :o

If a free shuttle is not included to/from POM (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to your car, never :() you are looking at just under $30 for a taxi (including tip).

Good luck! :)

Yes, I agree. The prices Hilton offers for their parking package are usually high. I was just giving the poster another option; up to them to decide if it is too pricey.

Thanks. I heard La Quinta East was in a really bad neighborhood and nothing around. We are 3 women/girls travelling, so easy access to POM and I-95 is ideal.

I will check out Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon and the Embassy Suites near MIA.

I would prefer to have a free shuttle to POM, the return is not a problem because I plan on renting a car from POM and we can drive back to the hotel so my daughter can get her car (the one we are parking) so she can go back to college. I'll have the rental overnight to visit family and fly home from Tampa.

Any other suggestions are helpful. Thanks

Most of the hotels near MIA can arrange for a commercial shared shuttle van ride to POM for about $10 per person, which equals the approx $30 cab fare for your group. ES sometimes includes a free shuttle to POM for one person (others pay $10-12 each) in their cruise package.

There are NO car rental agencies at POM. :( Both Hertz and Avis have downtown locations very close ($10-12 cab ride) to POM, and some of the others will shuttle you for free to their MIA airport location.

The Blue Lagoon area hotels have shopping and dining options within walking distance (across the street from the Hampton Inn, 5 minute walk from the Homewood Suites). Good luck! :)

I know POM doesn't have car rentals right at the port, but Dollar has one very near the Port for rental car pick-ups only (NW 25th Street) and a free shuttle to come pick us up at POM after our cruise, before the rental.

I thought renting that way would be better than taking the (not free) shuttle all the way back to MIA just to go to the car rental desk.

Dining/shopping nearby doesn't affect us. My flight arrives at FLL at 10:00pm the night before our cruise. So we'll stop somewhere to pick up last minute necessities (and wine) on our way to the Miami hotel. I would rather stay in Miami than FLL, be closer to the ship in the morning.

Archived