4J cabin...an inside with a window

okwriter

There is a sign posted in the room to keep them closed but we are night owls and were out until the wee hours anyways. :D The windows have sheers as well as drapes over them so for the most part, we left the drapes open with just the sheers and never had a problem. :p

Thanks! That'll probably work great for us...windows that can be seen into should not be left completely uncovered on a honeymoon anyway...

Thanks! That'll probably work great for us...windows that can be seen into should not be left completely uncovered on a honeymoon anyway...

Yikes :eek: (just kidding :D)

We have 9201 booked on the Splendor for next April, and I've never been able to find photos of that exact cabin. It looks so tiny on the deck plans, but DH didn't want to book a modified cabin in case someone else needs it. Anyone have photos?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed in a 4J cabin, specifically on the Triumph. This cabin type is all the way forward and has a picture window even though it is booked as an Inside.

I'm curious about (1) whether there is much movement at the front of the ship (the one we have is on the Lido deck with a balcony cabin just around the corner), (2) whether there is much traffic from people going to that deck area outside the room, (3) whether the doors to the deck were locked overnight, and (4) any other comments about room layout or location.

Thanks! :)

We were recently on the Triumph (in an Aft Wrap) and were intrigued by the 4J's, which is why we've booked one for our next cruise. On the Triumph for our cruise, there were deck chairs on those forward decks, and it was never too windy to be out there. The teenagers (including our daughter) found the forward area of deck 6, and used to hang out there late at night, lying on the deck, looking up at the stars, and talking. I hope they weren't too loud, but you might want to bring ear plugs in case your cruise has a herd of teenagers out on your particular forward deck at night. It wouldn't bother us, but perhaps it would bother others.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just booked that room on the dream for next year

You will love it, the layout is really nice, gives you more room to move around.

We have 9201 booked on the Splendor for next April, and I've never been able to find photos of that exact cabin. It looks so tiny on the deck plans, but DH didn't want to book a modified cabin in case someone else needs it. Anyone have photos?

The deck plans make it look small but it is the same size as 9203 & 9202. The bathroom's in the modified cabins are bigger, but the one in 9201 is the same size as a standard cabin. Whats nice is the layout. On most cabins when you enter the cabin, the bathroom is on one side and closets on the other with-in a narrow hallway. When you enter 9201, the bath will be on one side but the closets are turned facing into the room, no hallway. So when two (or more) people are getting dressed there is more room to move around.

Hello---4J's are a great value,but they are handicapped rooms & you can get bumped out of them---to most likely an inside somewhere.

There aren't that many people out on the deck,unless you are up there most won't know about it.

Doors are usually locked at night,but not always,and whenever it's windy.

You might hear the door slam if the cabin is next to it.

These rooms also have huge bathrooms

Try for one on the lido deck

have a great trip !

We booked this type of room on the Victory for our upcoming cruise. How often can someone be bumped from these rooms due to someone being HC?

Oh, thank you, EVERYONE, for your comments! Now I'm even more excited! And I found some pictures on cruiselinerooms dot com. (Can we post that URL here?) It looks to be a good size room (9202), and I love that "semi-private balcony." :D

I will definitely take pictures and post them when we get back. I haven't read anything yet that would scare me off...but then, I've loved every cruise so far!

Since two of us on the November trip have cruised and two haven't, we'll probably let the newbies have the balcony. ;)

We have booked 4J's on Carnival a few times only to give them up for a balcony before sail date arrived. We now have 2 booked again and we intend to "stay put" because we have always wondered... Coincidentally, we will be in the same cabin (Triumph #9202) on the 10/29 sailing. Our other 4J booking is also on lido (Magic 3/4/12, bc5).

We have had a cabin at the front of the ship on RCCL's Voyager. It was booked as an ocean view guarantee. We loved the room, despite the lack of a deck out front. We have also had several porthole cabins on other ships and never been bothered by motion (but noise at the front on the lower levels is another topic).

In fact, we feel cheated if we don't feel a little bit of rocking, especially at bed time.

We are looking forward to our 4J on Triumph and expecting to give it a thumbs up.

LOL so those are your pics ??? I saw those, thats why I got it ! THANKS !!

Yeah, we loved the location... we booked it a couple weeks before the cruise at the recommendation of one of the PVPs at Carnival...and glad we did :)

I had the same cabin on lido deck on caribbean princess and we heard the door slamming all day. lol, we were also right beneath the treadmills, with a rhymthmic bang bang bang starting when the spa opened.

I have a 4J booked for my next cruise. It was only about $30 more total than a regular inside cabin, and my pvp sent me pictures, so I was sold. She tried to sell me on deck 10, panorama, but when I looked at the deck plan I noticed it was under the gym. No thank you! I'll be sure to report back on how I like the room.

You will love it, the layout is really nice, gives you more room to move around.

The deck plans make it look small but it is the same size as 9203 & 9202. The bathroom's in the modified cabins are bigger, but the one in 9201 is the same size as a standard cabin. Whats nice is the layout. On most cabins when you enter the cabin, the bathroom is on one side and closets on the other with-in a narrow hallway. When you enter 9201, the bath will be on one side but the closets are turned facing into the room, no hallway. So when two (or more) people are getting dressed there is more room to move around.

Wow, thanks for this information -- so interesting! You seem to be practically the only person to have ever stayed in this cabin, judging from my cruise critic and other internet searches. Perhaps it stays empty because it looks so tiny on the deck plan :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm looking forward to my first 4J experience!

My wife and I are staying in 9201 in two weeks and will take some pictures to share.

Mark

Wow, thanks for this information -- so interesting! You seem to be practically the only person to have ever stayed in this cabin, judging from my cruise critic and other internet searches. Perhaps it stays empty because it looks so tiny on the deck plan :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm looking forward to my first 4J experience!

If you look at the deck plans for the Triumph & Conquest class ships, they show the middle cabin as being smaller, but they are not. The two outside cabins are odd shape and do have a larger bathroom. Why they have the deck plans drawn that way I really don't know.

If you look at the deck plans for the Triumph & Conquest class ships, they show the middle cabin as being smaller, but they are not. The two outside cabins are odd shape and do have a larger bathroom. Why they have the deck plans drawn that way I really don't know.

You would think they would realize how much we fixate on such things and make them accurate, you know?!

Coincidentally, we will be in the same cabin (Triumph #9202) on the 10/29 sailing.

Cool! You *must* post a review and/or pictures when you get back! ;)

FIREFLY: Those are great pictures! If I ever sail on Princess, I'll remember that! I'm usually a balcony person, but that looks soooo tempting! :)

Booked a last minute cruise for Sept 10 a few days ago and was assigned a 4j (6206). It shows 2 twin beds that cannot be turned into a king, but we will be fine.

I will try to report back when we get back!

Thanks for your willingness to report back. It would be great if you could take photos, even if just with your cell phone, and share them with us, please? Also, which ship are you on?

Thanks!

Check my Victory review thread. We were in 7205. I have plenty of comments and some pics. On my way out-of-town and don't have time to paste here right now, but you can find threads I've started by clicking on my name and looking at the stats tab. Liked the cabin (I got it for a 1A price), but wouldn't book that particular location again for various reasons.

Please make sure the 4J's you book at the front of the ship are not handicapped cabins. These cabins are the only ones that fit a wheelchair. If these cabins are not available people in wheelchairs can not cruise. Carnival says they move able bodied people out of these cabins but they rarely do this. So please be careful. Either check under special needs on Carnival.com to find which cabins are HC or call Carnival. All of us who are handicapped "Thank you"

I have stayed in one of these cabins. It was HC as my mom needed the special adaptations these cabins have. We felt a little more motion as we were higher up and up front but we don't get sea sick. We had trouble with teenagers going out on the deck in front and being loud and having parties out there. We really didn't like the location at the very front of the ship as it always seemed like such long way to get anywhere. The view is obstructed, you can't see the water but you can see the sky.

Everyone have a great cruise. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Magic in room 6201. This is directly in the front of the ship, and our view out of the window was the same as the krooz-cam. Our room was not HC; we had our beds pushed together to make a king, and we had a sofa and just a shower in the bathroom. The doors didn't slam--there were 2 you had to exit through to get to the deck, and they closed very softly. The doors were only closed on a few occasions when we had high winds. We had rough seas our first 24 hours, and the room had a lot of rocking. There was a lot of noise when we pulled into a port, I guess from the thrusters? The deck in front of our room didn't get a lot of traffic, but on the Magic they have lounge chairs on the decks at the front of the ship, and there was a lot of loud noise if someone dragged the chairs around. It woke me up a few nights when I'd gone to bed early, and my husband thought it was the staff stacking them back up around 11 pm. In spite of the noise, we loved the location for the view and the size of the room for the price. One morning I got up and went out on our "private" deck to watch the sunrise over Mount Vesuvius with my cup of coffee. It was a priceless moment. I think I attached photos. Hopefully it worked!

036.jpg.d106b4f2c46efe969564a279b6bf87e2.jpg

038.jpg.176e0b95cdad310777283845cb31cdb7.jpg

142.jpg.b6b6433112abf8133d8836a8fc6f8026.jpg

I have had 4J on the Destiny, upper deck and on the Victory, panorama. We loved the one on upper deck. I wasn't too pleased with the one on panorama because of the noise from the spa above us. The continuous thumping sound from people running on the threadmill annoyed me, but my wife was'nt bothered. Never had problems from people making noise on the deck. I really enjoyed going outside on the forward deck before hitting the sack and gazing at the stars. It is very dark up front for navigation issues. So peacefull, that was great! DO NOT forget to close the drapes at night. I had a full view of a woman "au naturel" who had left her drapes open. I would surely book one of these again but not under the gym.

Archived