B1 Cabin Ammenities.....confused

C-Board

I have read a number of descriptions of the B1, veranda suites on the Nautica, even those on the ship review on cruise critic. My question is: do the B1 staterooms have a mini fridge???? A mini fridge is listed as an amenity on staterooms A and up but is silent about the B1s.

I have a cruise booked in a B1 stateroom on the Nautica in Spring 2012. Being diabetic I have to food available at all times. I have cruised with NCCL, Princess, RCCL and Carnival (all with mini bars). This would be a deal breaker for me if there wasn't one in the B1 stateroom.

Has anyone on this board stayed in a B1 and can tell me if they have a minibar or not.

Thank you in advance......I know there are so many knowledgeable cruisers out there. My TA is confused and does not want to commit himself on an answer.......saying he does not understand why it does not state it on the stateroom description...

I have read a number of descriptions of the B1, veranda suites on the Nautica, even those on the ship review on cruise critic. My question is: do the B1 staterooms have a mini fridge???? A mini fridge is listed as an amenity on staterooms A and up but is silent about the B1s.

I have a cruise booked in a B1 stateroom on the Nautica in Spring 2012. Being diabetic I have to food available at all times. I have cruised with NCCL, Princess, RCCL and Carnival (all with mini bars). This would be a deal breaker for me if there wasn't one in the B1 stateroom.

Has anyone on this board stayed in a B1 and can tell me if they have a minibar or not.

Thank you in advance......I know there are so many knowledgeable cruisers out there. My TA is confused and does not want to commit himself on an answer.......saying he does not understand why it does not state it on the stateroom description...

First, yes they now have mini-fridges in all staterooms.

Second, you need a new TA...one that is willing to call the cruise line and get information for you.

First, yes they now have mini-fridges in all staterooms.

Second, you need a new TA...one that is willing to call the cruise line and get information for you.

Thanks, that removed a lot of stress.....AND yes I need a new TA (I think it may be his first job) but sometimes you need an answer. Thks again.

Your stateroom attendant will meet with you the first day on board, introduce him/herself and will ask you what beverages you might like in the fridge. They will be replaced at least once if not twice a day! I take brightly colored post it notes with me and leave one on the bed if I need to communicate with him/her for any reason. They have all told me they really like that so if there is a particular beverage that you need to have as a diabetic it will always be there for you. (My grandfather always had OJ but times may have changed) c

I take brightly colored post it notes with me and leave one on the bed if I need to communicate with him/her for any reason. They have all told me they really like that c

Good Idea, CBB. I'll take a small pad on our next cruise.

Yes there is a mini fridge to store your insulin if you are on same. Also if you take meds by injection ask your cabin attendant fpr a Sharps container and same will be provided and removed at ends of cruise. I know the requirement for small snacks mid morning abd afternoonas i am also dibetic and found out what was available on our Alaska cruise in June. Also if you require a special diet let the cruise line know in writing about 90 days before you sail and they will set up a food regiem to meet your needs. There are sugar fee icecream ,cookies and assorted desserts available at all times. Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Bill

Thanks for all the great information. It will all be put to good use and relieves a lot of the stress that comes from the "unknown". Hate surprises unless they come from the upgrade fairy LOL.

Perhaps you should be aware that, if necessary, your dietary requirements may be given to Oceania in advance. This would be important if you are restricted to certain dishes, which may not be readily available once at sea.

Have your requirements sent to Oceania's headquarters will in advance of sailing, and when you board, identify yourself to the dining staff, telling them of your advance notice. If necessary, the chef will meet with you and discuss your restrictions and what he could prepare for you.

It's much easier for them if they know in advance of any special needs, rather than just to show up and dinner and demand something they can't handle!

Enjoy your cruise.....

Archived