Carnival Magic - 12 Days in Med review....

TheCaveman

Love your pictorial review of your cruise! We have friends that boarded the Magic today -12 day cruise. Really love that we can 'experience' the cruise they will have.

As I was reading about the family and the child (even at that age she is still a child) left by herself on a train in a foreign country.... I'm thinking.... who in the world would EVER do that??? I wouldn't leave one of my children alone in a train car in the US, much less Italy. The panic all of them must have felt...I can't imagine.

Short story - we were on the Celebration years ago and our DD (14) was in a cabin with my sister on Riviera deck and we were on Verandah in an upgraded suite. We were getting off the ship in Tampa and she went up to our cabin and we went down to hers and we missed one another. She then was basically 'lost' on the ship. And we were with a group all waiting to disembark to go to Busch Gardens, so time was of the essence. I was so upset that I couldn't find her (and this was on the ship mind you). When I finally found her I was almost hysterical. So I can't even IMAGINE how I would feel if that scenario happened to me in Italy. (ok, sorry...not so short).

Thanks again for an outstanding review! I'll be waiting for the continuation!

Kathy

We, got off at the correct station, Roma Ostiense, and jumped on the B-line tram to colloseum.

DSC044192.jpg

Whilst standing here, waiting for the tram, we could feel today was going to be a HOT day.

When we got of the tram, and out of the station, we were greeted by this:

DSC04324.jpg

DSC044202.jpg

So, it took us approx 2.5h to get from the ship, to the collessum

Just great review and wonderful pictures of your trip. So Enjoyable!!!

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04520.jpg

DSC04521.jpg

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

DSC04526.jpg

I can actually see the balcony we were on in July 2011 on RCCL's Liberty of the Seas. Wonderful vacation, but would have much preferred the 12 day itinerary of the Dream. Maybe next time . . .

Your review is wonderful and your photographs are awesome. Keep up the good work, can't wait to continue reading!!!

Great review! I really enjoyed it as my friend and I were on the second Margic cruise. We didn't go to Savona, but we did go to Dobrovnik and Venice.

Thanks for the info on the hotel, too. If I get a chance to go back, I will certainly give it a try. We stayed at 1898 and although I loved it, it was pricey.

Loving the review - I came back tonight hoping for more.

Hey, GlendaleCruiser.....even way back then it was expensive? :p

Thanks for the info on the hotel, too. If I get a chance to go back, I will certainly give it a try. We stayed at 1898 and although I loved it, it was pricey.

thank you for taking the time for this review. Your pictures are wonderful, and your humor is just my style.

DH and I seem to always see the same people over and over on cruises. We give them names too. Do you suppose people turn that around and give us names too?

Can't wait to board Magic. 40 more days.

Day 5 Naples....

I will just post this here, so that those that dont know, can get a visual of the places we visited....

8 Ports of Call, 4 sea days, perfect....

1111111111111.jpg

When we planned this cruise, there was only one option for Naples, and that was to Visit Pompeii.

The city of Pompeii is a partially buried Roman town-city near modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania, in the territory of the comune of Pompei. Along with Herculaneum, Pompeii was destroyed and completely buried during a long catastrophic eruption of the volcano Mount Vesuvius spanning two days in the year AD 79. The eruption buried Pompeii under 4 to 6 meters of ash and pumice, and it was lost for nearly 1700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1749. Since then, its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of a city at the height of the Roman Empire. Today, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Italy, with approximately 2,500,000 visitors every year.

Here is what google shows you shen you search Pompeii

333.png

WE knew it would be a once in a lifetime experiance.

but,

That was the plan, until few weeks before; one CC member mentioned he is looking for people to join him on an excursing doing a boat trip, around Capri.

So, we decided that sounds much better, as we knew the Rome day would have been long and tiring, and Pompeii will be hot in the summer sun.

Capri is a little Isalnd off the mainland, as seen below:

222222.png

So, we woke up, and I had the world’s biggest headache *cough*hangover*cough*

Grabbed our stuff, went and met the people for our excursion to Capri. It was L and T from Manchester and Mr. P and his wife from San Francisco.

After a small delay, as we were late, Due to these headaches, we left the ship, and eventually found the place for the Hydrofoil to Capri.

Thanks to some strong coffee and a croissant, and an energy drink I felt human at the end of the 50ish min journey from Naples to Capri

We met up with our tour guide for the day, Antonio

Here is his trip advisor page:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187783-d1557450-Reviews-Gianni_s_Boat-Capri_Island_of_Capri_Campania.html

If you are ever in the area, I can highly recommend this tour.

We’ve seen beautiful scenery, we saw some beautiful yachts’, the most surreal blue water that can give the Caribbean a run for its money.

I can summarise this day as : We did so much, by doing so little.

But, I will let the pictures do the talking.

Next, we approched the Blue Grotto. It is quite a landmark in Capri

We did not enter it. As, it was not part of our tour, and, there were long lines, and the last thing we wanted was to wait in line that long.

DSC04557.jpg

DSC04558.jpg

DSC04559.jpg

But, one part of me wish we did go in, as it is a unique thing to do, and very beatifull inside....

As you can see from the picture below

4444.png

We made it to the other side....

DSC04613.jpg

DSC04614.jpg

well, we were not alone....

DSC04615.jpg

This boat, in the picture above, on the right hand corner were just like ours. It had a "tarpin" cover for the sun, and in the front, it had a space with matrasse's to lay on.

Archived