Electricity on Voyager

ellamalta

Do we need a US adapter to charge mobile phones and cameras, or are the cabins equipped with European outlets?

They have both. If I remember there is 1x flat pin and 2x round pin sockets in the cabin. So I would take a european adapter or two with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_outlets, go to that link, there is a Type B NEMA 5-15 outlet and a Type F outlet at the desk. There is a combination Type A NEMA 5-15 and BS 4573 outlet in the ceiling of the head that is keyed to the light switch (it is only powered when the light is on), hope that helps.

Outlet in bathroom is also keyed to light switch - bummer if you want to put a night light in there.

The two pin outlet works well for charging electronics since almost all work off a transformer "brick" that can handle either 110v or 220v. For U.S. style flat blade plugs all that is needed is a plug adapter - not a voltage converter too.

Outlet in bathroom is also keyed to light switch - bummer if you want to put a night light in there.

The two pin outlet works well for charging electronics since almost all work off a transformer "brick" that can handle either 110v or 220v. For U.S. style flat blade plugs all that is needed is a plug adapter - not a voltage converter too.

Does this mean that we would need a transformer? We have everything with European or English plugs. Thanks

Electronic devices (laptop, ipod/pad, camera battery charger, etc...) usually have a transformer as part of their power cord. Either at the plug end (black box) or in line with short regular power cord to the wall and smaller poewr cord to the device with a black (usually) "brick" in between. As long as the label on the transformer says something like AC Input: 100-240vAC it will deal with either voltage.

This way you can get a plug end adapter that as flat North American style blades on one side and a recepticle for Euro/UK two pin plug on the other side. This does not convert the voltage but the electronic devices will work OK with 110v via their transformer. This frees up the Euro/UK style 220v outlet for devices that require that voltage. Note... some transformers have a small switch (usually red) for setting the input voltage but this is pretty rare anymore and most auto-adapt. For North American cruisers there reverse is true - get a plug adapter for the Euro/UK recepticle and plug electronics into that one - freeing up the standard NA recepticle.

Electronic devices (laptop, ipod/pad, camera battery charger, etc...) usually have a transformer as part of their power cord. Either at the plug end (black box) or in line with short regular power cord to the wall and smaller poewr cord to the device with a black (usually) "brick" in between. As long as the label on the transformer says something like AC Input: 100-240vAC it will deal with either voltage.

This way you can get a plug end adapter that as flat North American style blades on one side and a recepticle for Euro/UK two pin plug on the other side. This does not convert the voltage but the electronic devices will work OK with 110v via their transformer. This frees up the Euro/UK style 220v outlet for devices that require that voltage. Note... some transformers have a small switch (usually red) for setting the input voltage but this is pretty rare anymore and most auto-adapt. For North American cruisers there reverse is true - get a plug adapter for the Euro/UK recepticle and plug electronics into that one - freeing up the standard NA recepticle.

Thankyou so very much for your explanation. Both my mobile and my camera have a transformer with 100-240v on it. Have you any idea if Royal Carribean would have an American adapter to lend us, so we can make use of all outlets, or should we buy one from here?

I'm guessing they probably sell them in one of the stores on board.

Anything bought onboard in a shop will cost you many times more than what you would normally pay (except the duty free stuff like perfume and alcohol). I would never intend to buy something onboard that I know I could get at home. Just saying. :)

ellamalta,

We had one European 230V and two US 110V plug ins in our balcony cabin.

I think it was you asking for the shuttle prices for kids? I asked in Ravenna and seems like 3 and under are free. I couldn´t get a definite answer for a 3 year old.. was sort of mixed, one person said 3 and under are free and the other 3 and up do have to pay the full price...

steamboats

ellamalta,

We had one European 230V and two US 110V plug ins in our balcony cabin.

I think it was you asking for the shuttle prices for kids? I asked in Ravenna and seems like 3 and under are free. I couldn´t get a definite answer for a 3 year old.. was sort of mixed, one person said 3 and under are free and the other 3 and up do have to pay the full price...

steamboats

Dear Steamboats,

Thank you so very much for both your answers. Yes, it was me asking about shuttle prices for kids. I hope you had a nice cruise. 6 days to go for us now! We leave for Venice in 4 days!

Thanks,

We definitely had a great cruise!!

BTW we had more than 150 people from Malta onboard and only 98 from Germany. There must have not been many people left in Malta last week :D!

Enjoy your trip!!

steamboats

who has BTW stayed in Malta several times.

Thanks,

We definitely had a great cruise!!

BTW we had more than 150 people from Malta onboard and only 98 from Germany. There must have not been many people left in Malta last week :D!

Enjoy your trip!!

steamboats

who has BTW stayed in Malta several times.

Yes, I know that there was a group tour going on that cruise. We were going to book with them, but since they were going to travel by train from Bologna to Mestre and then to the ship and back, we thought we would do our own thing and book individually. I have booked taxis so we will not have to board trains with luggages and puschairs etc etc. Hope everything works out well!

And yes, I could feel that there were 150 people missing in Malta!!

Thankyou so very much for your explanation. Both my mobile and my camera have a transformer with 100-240v on it. Have you any idea if Royal Carribean would have an American adapter to lend us, so we can make use of all outlets, or should we buy one from here?

These are American ships and the electrical sockets are either two flat pin or two round pin..

The flat pin 110 volt round 220 volt you should have no problem and not need an adaptor unless you are from the UK.

Hope it helps g

Archived