Glory Refund from 2-19-05

Scuba

Pick me monty pick me.

Fact is less than 1% of Carnival sailings have itineraries effected by propulsion problems. Hardly an epedemic. As far as finding 40 last minute one way seats on airlines that Carnival doesn't own - should they have tried? Maybe.

Should their PR department not have tried to spin the story in there favour? Show me a Corporation in the free world that doesn't do it every day.

We've raised are concerns, we got our compensation (above and beyond that required) - get over it.

Since the beginning of the year Carnival has made a career of propulsion problems. Maybe in the past it was 1%, but this is 2005 that percentage is up. Aurora alone is costing them a good penny(P&O) Arinson family selling off some of their Carnival stocks within the next two years, Crew members suing over Carnival not paying overtime wages. All things that have been showing up in our local newspapers.

Believe it or not Carnival is not the epitomy of perfection, I hate to burst everyones bubble. I was a repeat Carnival cruiser, several times over. Oh I am doing my part other than talking on these boards because as a consumer, I am paying good hard earned money, I expect good quality out of a Cruise. Itinerary change can be lived with, and I think most people on the Glory would agree with that,but when you slack on quality, nope. There was no quality to this cruise even with itinerary change. They slacked big time.

As for Big Business lying everyday to the press, as a consumer I have many places to go to complain. Many consumers do that, and changes are made.

The cruise industry has you over a barrel and you better believe they know it.

I was on the cruise right before you and we were 'propeled' everywhere on time.

Must have been just like home - one minute you're driving along and the next minute you are in an accident.

I hope you get over this-accept your Carnival discounts-and be in a good frame of mind.:) It's time to put it to rest-you were not the only one on the cruise.

If Carnival can't come through on the guarantee, they shouldn't advertise it in their brochure. And why the hell would anyone think money off a future cruise with the same sorry cruise line is such a good deal. I sure would give someone a few bucks off to get them suckered onto the future cruise.

Jim

I am one of those people that was on the Glory on 2/19 and I am still fighting to get something back from them. There was 16 in my group, 8 of us were first time cruisers and we are not happy with Carnival at all. I just got some more addresses to write to about this matter. Still unhappy

I am still fighting to get something back from them. I just got some more addresses to write to about this matter.

If you were to draw a salary doing this, how much would you earned so far? And the stress.

I've always wanted to know how much compesation makes a person "right". Reading the Dawn debacle, and reading people were angry about 50% refund, and 50% off a future cruise, and they are still angry. I just don't get it.

And then there are people waiting to get on the Grandeur of the Seas late, due to the accident, being offered a full refund or 300 credit. They are waiting on hearing more about compensation to make their decisions!

They're being offered a full refund. Take it, and book another cruise!

BTW, there is no way I would want to be sailing on the GOS with all the disgruntled people that are going to be getting on this next cruise, whenever that is, worrying about how they will all be compensated.. It gets ugly, and then lives on these boards forever....like this thread..... :eek:

FTLOG, this was over 2 months ago... sorry you guys were inconvenienced, but honestly, you received what you actually paid for... room/board/meals/entertainment for the duration right??? And they offered some compensation... I'm sorry you guys don't feel it was enough, but you still did get to cruise. Send a letter, and maybe the few of you could exchange email addresses and take it offline. And as for "spending $2000 for $150 credit"... you spent $2000 for a cruise, not for a $150 credit... you did get the cruise. The credit may not be what you wanted, but there have been other situations where nothing was offered. When would it be enough? Should a full refund be given even though they provided a ship, cabins, food, etc? The ports are not part of the cruise price... really, I am sorry... I hate that it happened. But it sounds like the few of you that are so irrate are never going to cruise Carnival again anyway, so I would think it would be best to take the discussion off the boards. Just MHO.

First off the Glory was and still is in fine working condition.

It is a newer boat.

And all those who said that the Captain knew about it, I find hard to belive. That @ 4am they knew something was wrong can't be true.

Archived