Anyone use "Bahama Diver's" in Nassau???

dirvin0500

To put it simply,Bahama Divers is the worst operation I have ever dived with !!!!

Yes, do tell......

We don't normally book through a ship due to $ and # of people diving. We like small groups of 8-10 or less. Does Stuart's Cove have that many boats that they can support smaller groups. We find that if you get groups of 14020 (we even had a boat with 32 one time) that you don't have the personal service, bottom time (as they like to surface as soon as the first person is low on air), etc.

Can you undoubtedly recommend Stuart's Cove against those kinds of things?

Yes, do tell......

We don't normally book through a ship due to $ and # of people diving. We like small groups of 8-10 or less. Does Stuart's Cove have that many boats that they can support smaller groups. We find that if you get groups of 14020 (we even had a boat with 32 one time) that you don't have the personal service, bottom time (as they like to surface as soon as the first person is low on air), etc.

Can you undoubtedly recommend Stuart's Cove against those kinds of things?

OK, Here is a review of my experience with Bahama Divers:

I had to book with them due to port times--Sturart and Michelle could not accommodate on this.I had my nephew with me who was snorkeling. This was in October 2006 and I was a Dive Master with approximately 375 logged dives at the time.If you like personal attention, you would have loved the boat captain as he stayed on "my a-s" all day long.He fussed about where we sit,how much weight I had, my spare air, etc. He assigned me to a "threesome" which I will refuse to do anymore due to a very bad situatuin in the local lake---two nuts running out of air ain't a good thing and it just about happened on this dive too.Both divers assigned to me were newbies.Our first site was on the wall.The DM leading the dive took two new Open Water divers to 110 feet on a wall dive. Of course he never turned around to check theiir air supply.When they got to 1000 pounds (they are newbies remember and sucking air) I made the decision to leave the large group and try to find the boat.We surfaced at an angle so I could see the group below me. We got in a safety stop and surfaced very close to the boat---I was proud of myself--but not the Captain. He let me have it for leaving the group !!!! He kept saying "You never leave your group"! I did tell him his DM was going to get someone seriously hurt taking new divers this deep on a wall.Every certification agency I know of has a 60 foot depth limit for Open Water divers--especially new ones doing their first ocean dives.He continued to berate me in front of everyone.

On the second dive the nuts were handling Lion fish.I tried to tell them to stop or they wolud regret it.The DM got on me for this one when we returned to the boat.I guess the Lion fish at Bahama Divers sites have had their stingers removed !!!

My nephew was sonrkeling with a young PADI Asst. Instructor who was very pregnant and could not dive. She finally stated to my nephew where everyone could hear her: Your uncle is the only diver on this boat who has a damn clue what he is doing, including the crew !!"

I am still mad at myself for tipping these nuts but I sometimes work as a DM too.I was kind of in shock by the actions of the crew.Most every boat I have been on has treated me as a professional and with the utmost courtesy. I was not being a "know it all". I ALWAYS pay attention to dive briefings (If they have one) and try to be a good,considerate guest.

I will dive with pretty much anyone,anytime but I will NEVER go out with Bahama Divers again.

I have dived with Stuart Cove's on four cruises to the Bahamas.Stuart and Michelle are great folks.They do run a large operation but they are very professional.

My last time diving with them was 11/17/2008. I did my Shark Certification with them. Chang Chin was my Instructor and I was his only student. We did have approximately 12 divers on the boat doing the shark dives.Chang treated me as a professional and was very interested in my experieces with Sand Tiger Sharks on the North Carolina wrecks.We spent several hours talking after my exam.Chang is a great example of what a dive professional should be.

I will always try to use Stuart Coves in the future when in Nassau. If Bahama Divers is my only choice available,I will snorkel in the ship's pool !

I have dived with Stuart Cove`s operation five times most of them from a cruise ship. I have always booked direct and had a good experience everytime including their shark dive. They are by far the best operator in Nassau. I have a couple of freinds that tried Bahama Divers and both said never again. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise. :D

• 3 weeks later...

we did use Bahama Divers once, not a problem at all except for the weather but that was not their fault so .....

went to their shop with a local bus, they mailed me how to get there and answered all my questions, reef was nice but weather was so bad we had to leave early again not their fault

Stuart Cove can be booked private no need to take the ship's tour

have a wonderful cruise

Archived