Great Stirrup Cay Private Cabanas

bdaddyiii

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say that NCL is spending in excess of $20 million to renovate and expand their offerings on GSC. It should be quite nice when done. I hope, but don't expect the cabanas to be ready by the time I arrive later this month.

Hi does anyone have any pictures of GSC and the Clams?

Is it worth 1 person running to get a beach front Clam while the other pays?

It should be better organised, I would have liked to reserve online before going or at the Excursion desk on 1st day.

I will be there the end of the month....

I hope its nice.

My husband and 2 kids will be there..

Do you you all recomment a Clam Shell?

The ags are 8 and 12.

I saw some pictures of the Clam Shells, but really and truely if you dont get the first row is it worth it.

All you can see it the clam shell in front of you.. That is a waist of time by looking at the pictures. Please let me know

Hi does anyone have any pictures of GSC and the Clams?

Is it worth 1 person running to get a beach front Clam while the other pays?

It should be better organised, I would have liked to reserve online before going or at the Excursion desk on 1st day.

You can reserve the clam shell at the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as you get onboard (and you should because they sell out quickly) and you don't pay on the beach, it's charged to your shipboard account. You'll get a ticket to give to the clam shell attendant when you get to the island.

We weren't sure where to go when we got off the tender and the signs were a bit confusing. The clam shells were next to the hippo slide so go in that direction if you have the same problem. We were on the first tender and were able to get a good spot. I think the ticket for the clamshell gives you priority boarding for the tenders so you should be able to get on the first one.

• 4 weeks later...

There was still that one Cabanaa that everyone shows.. They are still building it.. They are moving slow, really. I wonder why it has taken them so many years to upgrade..... the island is really nice, but it needs a lot of stuff added to it.

There were no hammock except for one that you see on the hill.

They are doing major work. but once you are in the water.. You wont mind..

The music was good and the food was better at the beach party than on the cruise ship

Just off the NCL Sky 11/04/11 sailing and we visited GSC. :D

Lovely stop, lots of beach loungers (free), quite a few clam shell shelters ($29.95 for the day), no cabanas as of yet.

Thanks for the update! I can't wait until the cabana's arrive! (Hope it's before Feb 2012)

Thanks for the update! I can't wait until the cabana's arrive! (Hope it's before Feb 2012)

To be honest, I really can't say, but would guess not yet. The area had been cleared and they had a "sample" cabana that was only partially built. So even the area to show "whats coming" wasn't completed. They seem to really be focusing their energy on the dock, eating, and main beach area at this point. But who knows! :D

When you go, please be sure to come back here and report!

Archived