If you book single ES, can you add someone later?

Gma&Gpa

I have a friend that wants to go cruising next fall. He's ready to book so he can get the room he wants. The problem is, he's not sure who he's taking with him. Things are a little rocky with him and his current girlfriend so he's not wanting to book with her name this far ahead. With early saver you can't change names. If they work it out, he'll take her - but if not, he wants the option to add somebody later. Can he just go ahead and book the room under his name - and then add somebody a few months down the way?

I have a friend that wants to go cruising next fall. He's ready to book so he can get the room he wants. The problem is, he's not sure who he's taking with him. Things are a little rocky with him and his current girlfriend so he's not wanting to book with her name this far ahead. With early saver you can't change names. If they work it out, he'll take her - but if not, he wants the option to add somebody later. Can he just go ahead and book the room under his name - and then add somebody a few months down the way?

I was able to do that on my upcoming sailing. I doing the booking for my friends and I. At the time of booking one of my friends was booked into a 4B on ES as a solo. A few weeks later, after ES went away a 6th person wanted to join the cruise. I was able to have my travel agent put him into the 4B at no additional cost.

I don't know how this affected ES eligibility however, as the prices never came down for me to attempt to get a price adjustment.

I don't know if this was policy or just a lucky situation, but I didn't have any problems at all.

Duane-O

Yes. I have added someone, and even late in the game, she was booked at the same rate that I paid. and I did manage to get a $10 price adjustment (I'm laughing because it was $10 for the whole cabin - $2.50 per person) after we added her.

Yep... he most certainly can do that!

:)

Yes, My PVP said that my dad who has a solo cabin booked right now for Oct. could add someone up to 3 days prior and that person would only has to pay taxes and port fees since he had to pay for 2 people when we booked it.:):):):)

i booked my dad as a solo for an es rate for a January sailing.

IF my son can go we will add him in December at the going rate- which more then likely will be higher

2 days ago I added a friend to my solo booking. Same rate applied as it was already paid for in the original booking. The extra charge of $79 was taxes on the new person.

2 days ago I added a friend to my solo booking. Same rate applied as it was already paid for in the original booking. The extra charge of $79 was taxes on the new person.

That would be fabulous- but we booked 18 months out and the price was super cheap

so, if he books just himself in that balcony room - I understand the charge will be for the whole cabin - but will he initially have to pay the normal down payment for just him or will he have to pay it "double" for the as yet unnamed traveler?

so, if he books just himself in that balcony room - I understand the charge will be for the whole cabin - but will he initially have to pay the normal down payment for just him or will he have to pay it "double" for the as yet unnamed traveler?

If I recall, it was down payment for 1, at 1st booking. When I added #2 at a later date, 2nd down payment for that person. There was no change in rate of the cruise, as you have to pay for 2 in the first place.

Along those same lines-I've booked an inside passage cruise for May, '12, for husband and myself in one cabin, and daughter and son-in-law in another cabin. My daughter just told me they are currently having some marital difficulties. For the first time I realize "what if". If they are not together in May, can someone else be subbed for my son-in-law? It's an early saver deal. I was thinking that es cruises are pretty much set in stone-no changes in any detail whatsoever!

Archived