Crown Princess??

LaurieSR

I just spoke with my travel agent who just spoke with Princess, and they said that they are NOT opening up reservations on the new Crown Princess (which is supposed to sail round trip from NY to the Caribbean between June and Oct., starting in 2006) on April 1 (this Friday) as I had previously heard. The ship is due to come out in 2006, but they won't say when, or give any other information. Does anyone know any more about this?

April 1 is "April Fools Day"! Maybe people were just joking around about the date reservations would be taken for the new "Crown Princess". There will be many disappointed Cruisers including myself.......

I will still check with Princess myself this coming Friday, April 1.

S.S.Oceanlover, My travel agent was told that they had no information about when they would start taking reservations, and he thought it wouldn't be before 1 year prior to the first sailing ( that was just his opinion). He said he talked to 2 different people at Princess about this today, but he'll continue to check with them periodically. I think I will also call Princess myself on Friday.

Princess' press release states:

Crown Princess sailings will be open for booking on April 1, 2005. Additional information about Crown Princess is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.

Here is the link for the full press release: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na727

I have spoken to travel agents who have received sailing dates from their district manager. It would be my guess that the people on the phone do not know when dates will be released until they have them available to them and can quote them.

Hopefully after we see the high prices for their NY-Caribbean cruises Princess will say "April Fools" and lower the prices. :)

Herb,

That would be great! lol I'm holding my breath until I see the prices. Otherwise I'm gung ho for this cruise!!

Laurie,

I hope the phone reps at Princess are wrong like they usually are. I can't understand why Princess would distribute a press release with the April 1 booking date if they weren't pretty much sure of that date.

Bill

My suggestion is to call Princess and try to book directly. You can always transfer your booking later, if you prefer.

Remember, when booking inaugural cruises, you are taking a gamble because the schedule might change. It isn't unusual for ships to be delayed, or, in the case of Caribbean Princess, to have its inaugural sailing advanced because the ship was ahead of schedule.

Archived