Deluxe Suite on Rotterdam?

richnot

We are booked on the Rotterdam for next summer and are thinking of upgrading to a Deluxe Suite, but have a couple of questions first.

These suites are on the deck below the Lido deck. I have read on some of these boards of cabins directly underneath the pool area having problems wtih noise as furniture is moved on the deck early in the day. Can anyone tell me whether this a problem on the Rotterdam?

One of the amenities listed for a deluxe suite is priority dining and seating requests. What does this mean and how does it work?

Another amenity listed is Exclusive daily breakfast service. What is this?

Thanks for your help.

We had a deluxe verandha suite- 7006 on the MS Rotterdam this year. Our experience is that being in a deluxe suite you can get usually get the dining venue and times you want.

Having suite privileges allows you to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. Same menu as Main Dining Room but a very nice quite breakfast with great service.

Deck noise? Occasional noise from a deck chair being moved. Nothing to worry about except we don't like to be under the ping pong table which can get pretty tiresome with the sound of ping pong balls bouncing around. Not an issue in 7006.

Great ship, great crew. Go for it.

While we haven't been in a Deluxe Verandah on the Rotterdam, we have been in one on the Amsterdam. I checked to make sure that the location of the stateroom was the exact same location on both the Rotterdam and the Amsterdam, and it was.

We were in 7018, and the location was ideal for us. There was some noise above us once a day as the room is located below the Lido Bar area. It seemed to occur at about 11:00 PM each night and last for about 15 minutes and then it would be done.

I would certainly select this stateroom again despite the few minutes of inconvenience each day. We loved it!

Exclusive breakfast service refers to the fact that those people in Deluxe Verandah suites have access to an area specifically for them (usually the Pinnacle) for breakfast. (I've had it in the Pinnacle on the Westerdam and a designated area of the MDR on the Amsterdam.) It is served by the Pinnacle staff. There is also a continental breakfast available in the Neptune Lounge. Either way, you can avoid the Battle of the Lido at breakfast!

On both the Rotterdam and the Amsterdam we try and book a cabin as far forward as possible. Yes -- you will hear noise from the Lido Pool area -- early in the morning when the crew clean that area -- and during the day when people move their chairs, lounger and tables.

On both of those ships we have never had breakfast in the Pinnacle. It used to be held in the King's Room. On the Amsterdam the King's Room is now a storage area and so a section on the starboard side of the ship on the upper level was reserved for the Deluxe Suite people -- service was by the Pinnacle and NOT the best. Most days we ate in the Neptune Lounge.

As for dining -- all too often I have witness when people got into a fight with the concierges when they did not get one of the fixed dining times -- it is not guaranteed -- no matter what is printed in the brochures or on line. If you book early enough you have a GREAT chance of getting the dining time you want as well as your request for a Table Size.

We always book mid-ship suites and though we have heard a little deck chair noise from above at late afternoon when the stewards are straightening up, it is minimal at most and very short lived. It has never been an annoyance to us in a great many cruises.

My first deluxe verandah suite was on this ship! Amazing ship and we had no issues with noise. We did have breakfast in the King's room not the Pinnacle - and it was nicer in a way. Same waiters, very intimate, fantastic views as we sailed South America;) Absolutely loved it:)

the Neptune Lounge has a fantastic coffee machine, teas there too as well as a continental breakfast. At lunch time, nice munchies and around 3 pm perfect munchies. Concierges on HAL are great and ready to help in any way possible.

Go for it:):)

We did a world cruise in 7045 on the Amsterdam (same configuration as Rotterdam). It was under the back outside dining area, and every morning about 6:00 the chairs were dragged across the deck as the crew were cleaning. We would complain to the hotel manager every other week and for a couple of days the guys would lift the chairs when moving them. After a few days they went back to dragging.

We upgraded to 7029 toward the end of the 2011 world cruise on the Amsterdam. It is more forward and we had no noise problems.

The suites are really nice and the balcony is amazing. We did a lot of entertaining in the cabin. It was fun to have friends come up for cocktails and there was plenty of room for 8 or 10 people. I think you should go for it, just try to get a cabin that is forward and not aft.

We were 2 doors down from the Neptune Lounge and had no noise problems at all. One passenger was complaining to the Neptune concierge about vibration and noise in his deluxe suite but I did not hear the cabin number.

We loved having breakfast in the Kings Room and the Neptune Lounge was very nice. The biggest plus for us was with the deluxe suite itself. The cabin size and furnishings, the bath and separate dressing room, the verandah - all were amazing.

Archived