Price Drop After Final Payment

mit01

We booked the past guest rate. Boyfriend asked if we could get upgraded (instead of obc) and we did. Went from Rivera to Upper deck. I wonder if we would have gotten obc if we asked but I read that people weren't getting any so we just went straight for the upgrade.

If they would have given obc instead of the upgrade we would have only gotten $20pp.

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in getting obc if there has been a price drop after final payment.

Thanks

Steve

I just found out today that I got obc for my cruise in October. I made my final payment in July. Booked ES. Figured I would give it a shot to try to see if ES would work & it did. Got $130.00 obc. That was an awesome email for me to receive on my birthday. :D

How do you find out if the rate dropped? And if so, what are the necessary steps to follow through? We arranged cruise thru travel agent as Early Saver. Which cruise in October are you taking, blueangel174? ....and happy birthday!

Do a mock booking to see what the price is now for your exact category don't forget to check for any special rates such as residency and senior;)

If you find a lower price (before taxes and fees) contact your TA to submit the price protection form online on the carnival website.

How do you find out if the rate dropped? And if so, what are the necessary steps to follow through? We arranged cruise thru travel agent as Early Saver. Which cruise in October are you taking, blueangel174? ....and happy birthday!

Use this website:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Here is the form to submit if there is a price drop, but if you are using a TA, I think they have to file it for you.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Ty. Some of the other posters posted the steps to go about doing so. I'm on the 10/16 sailing of Conquest. And you?

What if Canival is now offering a free upgrade on my cabin catagory? Would I be eligible to receive the upgrade?

Only if the price is the same for your category .. or you can pay the difference in price if the price for THAT RATE that has the free upgrade and get it.

Usually the rates with free upgrades are higher than other rates. You cant just do part of a rate, get the free upgrade and not pay whatever the cost is for that rate.

I booked Past Guest. I guess I'll give them a call and see what happens..

So I called Carnival to see what I could get. They told me that I had originally booked on a 72 hour sale, and that I got an 8E for the price of an 8A. They would not give me any obc, but they did offfer to upgrade me to an 8F. That would have put us on deck 8 (we're now on deck 7) in the same location. It also would have put us one deck below the Lido, so I said thanks but no thanks.

Thank you all for your assistance.

BTW, the lady at Carnival was really, really sweet!!

Steve

I checked and we actually paid $240.00 more than we would had we waited til the last minute to book. We called and because we did not book using Early Saver (we used past guest), we were told sorry, nothing they can do. Very disappointing way to treat their past guests. Oh well. Still can't wait til we sail!

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in getting obc if there has been a price drop after final payment.

Thanks

Steve

Yes. I booked Early Saver, and there were two price drops after my cruise fare was paid in full. I currently have OBC of $110. :D

there was a $140 price drop last night. I emailed my TA who didnt get back to me til tonight. said she has to submit a form to Carnival & will let me know what they say.

I checked rate today and it went back up. whats chances I'll get an OBC or even an upgrade to 6J? we paid for 6C and the 6J last night was $140 less than what we paid. I'm trying to get upgrade to 6J as well as a $140 OBC. am I hoping for too much??

btw, I didn't take a screen print to prove the lower 6J rate . . . live & learn.

• 1 month later...

I checked the carnival website (fare viewer) to see what the current rate was for my early saver tickets (for a December cruise and a February one) and for both of them, it didn't show the ES option any more. I called Carnival and she didn't know why but said she couldn't see them anymore either. Are these ES rates pulled at a specific time prior to the cruise (e.g., four months ...)? The gal at Carnival had no idea ...

Just trying to figure out if I missed the opportunity to check for a reduced fare or not? Keep hearing folks on the same cruise talking about the OBC they got and they're on the same cruise.... I'm confused.

Thanks for any clarification ...

I checked the carnival website (fare viewer) to see what the current rate was for my early saver tickets (for a December cruise and a February one) and for both of them, it didn't show the ES option any more. I called Carnival and she didn't know why but said she couldn't see them anymore either. Are these ES rates pulled at a specific time prior to the cruise (e.g., four months ...)? The gal at Carnival had no idea ...

Just trying to figure out if I missed the opportunity to check for a reduced fare or not? Keep hearing folks on the same cruise talking about the OBC they got and they're on the same cruise.... I'm confused.

Wow surpised the person at carnival didn't know what to do~ (well maybe not~lol) you can price match to any rate that you qualify for~ like past guest, Fun Select etc... you can match against those rates. Only rate you really can't match is a guarantee.

Prices disappear at the 5 month mark for longer cruises, The shorter cruises they disappear at the 3 month mark.

Allie answered the other part and I am not surprised that the CCL person didnt know. lol

Bill

Archived