Hors d'oeuvres?

Linda VH

Having that nice Neptune suite upgrade this past cruise, we did order some in-room hor d'ourvres and got more than we expected or needed for four people late in the afternoon, but it was all nicely delivered and presented so you may want to discuss what amounts you actually want.

For four people we ended up getting four separate cheese plates, one plate of hot items with dips and one plate of cold open-face sandwiches. I added a small plate of cookies and sweets from the Neptune Lounge because they were so good, but it was really too much - not sure why they gave us four separate cheese plates but the thought was very generous and welcome. Unfortunately we left a lot of this untouched.

There is one of those amazing stories behind this little in-suite party we had. DH ran into an old med school classmate on the ship during our excursion to Albania - the classmate was wearing some school logo items - hat and shirt so we took a second look and it finally dawned on DH that 50 years later he actually knew this person and chanced calling out his name as they sat a ways down from us at our excursion luncheon table - fun reunion so we invited them in for some drinks and snacks to our suite to catch up and learned they already had a cabin on the same deck. Go Bears!

You can request hot hors d'ouerves and/or cold appetizers.

The hot selection changes each night according to what they are serving in the lounges that night. Sometimes jalepeno poppers, meatballs, mini quiche, chicken wings, bitterballen (google it), tiny spring rolls etc

If there are four of you, order only for two. They bring large serving.

Glad you brought this up! The first (and last) time we ordered hot appetizers, we got way too many. Since then, we just pop into the Neptune to pick up appetizers. But next trip (in 3 days!) we will be way far away from the Neptune, so I think I'll try again. Thanks, KK, for the reminder that the concierge can help limit the choices. :)

You can place a standard order with the concierge for delivery every day if you so wish;) I was amazed at how much food there was.

We had to ask to have it cut back too. :D You can also talk to the concierge about selection if you like ;)

Thanks for your replies. After asking about cocktails in Neptune and getting such a strong negative reply (it was just a query, not a suggestion) I decided that we would get our hors delivered so we can enjoy our cocktails too! Thank you all!

Can anyone order appetizers or are they just for those in a suite??

As far as I know, just for suites - however, there are a couple of things on the room service menu that will do the trick - smoked salmon, cheese & crackers, etc. :) You can also bring back anything from the Lido if you like/Terrace Grill/ whatever:)

Archived