Should be exciting.Azamara docking at Santorini????

Joecors

Following was copied from the ACC website. It referred to the Holy Land cruise by the Quest commencing 26th Oct 2011[/color][/left]

"Friday, October 28 Santorini - Greece Docked 8:00 AM"

Is this

1) Azamara's determination to test the skills of the captain to the ultimate

2) Az. endeavouring to reduce costs by eliminating charges made by Santorini for tender hire

3) Az. taking lifeboat drill to the next limit

4) yet another faux pas by the onshore staff

No odds offered on 4!

We are one that Oct. 26 cruise where Azamara is "docked" at Santorini! This will be our second time there and the first was with Azamara and we were tendered in --- very rough waters trying to load the tenders!! It would be great if we were docked but not counting on it!!!

[quote=onthebalcony;30634421]We are one that Oct. 26 cruise where Azamara is "docked" at Santorini! This will be our second time there and the first was with Azamara and we were tendered in --- very rough waters trying to load the tenders!! It would be great if we were docked but not counting on it!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look forward to meeting you. Please don't hold your breathe. I'm sure it's a "typo"!!

We are one that Oct. 26 cruise where Azamara is "docked" at Santorini! This will be our second time there and the first was with Azamara and we were tendered in --- very rough waters trying to load the tenders!! It would be great if we were docked but not counting on it!!!

It's an Azamara error. Santorini is a tender port.

The biggest detriment to "docking" at Santorini would be docking next to the donkey path!!!

This might be the best excuse for tendering in the history of seafaring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

.........I'll avoid using any open decks.

Just think of the extra work for the lady "Health & Safety" officer too.

Hi Joecors,

Tendering in Santorini is loads of fun!!! I remember it was just after breakfast and the tender was swaying back and forth in the waters and all those on board were telling the crew they better move fast or we would all be sick!!! That got them going!!

Looking forward to meeting you also! Cruise is coming up fast.

Is anyone else having trouble ordering luggage tags online beside me??? LOL!!!

Anne

Hello Anne

Hi Joecors,

Tendering in Santorini is loads of fun!!! I remember it was just after breakfast and the tender was swaying back and forth in the waters and all those on board were telling the crew they better move fast or we would all be sick!!! That got them going!!

Looking forward to meeting you also! Cruise is coming up fast.

Is anyone else having trouble ordering luggage tags online beside me??? LOL!!!

Anne

----------------------------------------------------------------

We were in Santorini on the Quest about 10 days ago and i didn't realise the effort required by the Capt. to ensure that the ship was positioned in the best place reduce the swell. There were two maybe three cruise ships there as well and the queue to get the lift back was really heavy. Next time I think we'll take a raincheck , stay on the ship and admire Satorini from the ship. Being a bit later in the year maybe the traffic for the lift'll be a bit less busy.

Do you have the package that includes the one night stay in Athens? If so are you aware that the ACC site has changed the hotel to the King George Palace?

Haven't yet tried for the luggage tags.

We have the Art hotel in Athens prior to the cruise that was booked independently through our travel agent with transfers, etc. located within walking distance from the National Archaelogical Museum and Omonoia Sq.

Not sure where this is located in regard to St. George Palace.

Just hope we don't have any problems with taxi strikes!!! Our transfers are from the airport to the hotel and then hotel to the ship.

Anne

• 1 month later...

SPOKE TO A WOMAN OFF NIEUW AMSTERDAM IN SANTORINI SAME DAY AS "QUEST". THEY HAVE THE GALL (hal) TO CHARGE $1.50 FOR A BOTTLE OF WATER ON BOARD!SHE SAID THEY "NICKELED AND DIMED FOR EVERYTHING ONBOARD" ANOTHER REASON TO BE HAPPY WITH AZAMARA.

SPOKE TO A WOMAN OFF NIEUW AMSTERDAM IN SANTORINI SAME DAY AS "QUEST". THEY HAVE THE GALL (hal) TO CHARGE $1.50 FOR A BOTTLE OF WATER ON BOARD!SHE SAID THEY "NICKELED AND DIMED FOR EVERYTHING ONBOARD" ANOTHER REASON TO BE HAPPY WITH AZAMARA.

HAL is a mass market line, but our favorite cruise line along with Azamara. Celebrity is mass market too and charges for bottled water, so I am not sure your point.

We were on HAL in July/August of this year and they never tried to sell us anything while on-board. The Captain only makes one noon time announcement each day and after that the ship is quiet, and they even do silent disembarkation. Whoever made those comments had the wrong idea, especially if they thought they were on an all inclusive luxury ship.

Azamara is upmarket and you will pay for your $1.50 bottles of water in the higher per diem fare.

Btw, different subject but all of HAL's computer classes are free. They have a techspert from Microsoft onboard all of their ships and will teach the computer basics to anyone who wants to learn as well as have photo editing classes, emailing, advanced photo and movie making, all at no cost to the passengers. I haven't seen that on any other ship.

Archived