Dawn, Aft 10728: Pictures, smuggling and everything else! Yippee!

simply_commenting

many thanks for all the well-wishers...

It looks like you had one of the infamous single sofa sleeper - in your opinion, would a double sleeper fit in that space ??? and would you put more than three people in that room??

I think it should fit 3. The bed wasn't a permanent one, I suspect they can take out the king and put two twin/full in. I think the room is rated for 4 people. Anyway, I have a link for a video of the whole room.

As for the poster putting the comment about the table at the foot of the bed..GREAT SUGGESTION. Never even thought to take that annoying table and stuff it under the "dinner" table.

iliv2cruz..well, hello there! it was an amazing trip, wasn't it? I think the captain at one point mentioned he had never seen the weather so good, lucky us?

Edited by simply_commenting

Congrats to you and your new wife and thanks for posting your review so quickly.

I am SO excited because I'm sailing in this very room on Friday!! I was going back and forth about an aft room, if it would be too rocky, noisy, or whatever, and I am thrilled that you liked it so much.

Thank you again! Now I really should think about putting something in a suitcase....:)

We enjoyed 10728 this past July to Bermuda....absolutely the most relaxing balcony we've had. Did notice that the couch has been replaced since we cruised -- had a green love seat then.

Cruising on the Star soon in Suite 10000 (forward)...no aft rooms left when we booked. Anxious to see the comparison of these suites.

simply_commenting -- Best wishes on your marriage!!

As for the poster putting the comment about the table at the foot of the bed..GREAT SUGGESTION. Never even thought to take that annoying table and stuff it under the "dinner" table.

We took the table out of the room and put it out on the balcony. (that table really didn't belong in a room as small as the one we had...after I bumped into it for the 2nd time as I went out to the balcony, hubby and I immediately found a spot on our deck for it!

iliv2cruz..well, hello there! it was an amazing trip, wasn't it? I think the captain at one point mentioned he had never seen the weather so good, lucky us?

Agree!! It was an amazing trip, we couldn't have asked for better weather (and nicer neighbors!!!) Best wishes for many happy, healthy years together!

To the good life!!

DSC_0054.jpg.28372e00c12d20a4d36c6c83ad4b6aa7.jpg

• 4 months later...
i miss cruising aft...must...cruise...again...soon...

I had 10226 (corner aft) reserved for 7/6/12 to Bermuda and decided to try one of the new SD suites on 12. The suite is still available if you want to satisfy your need to cruise. Act quickly!

• 3 months later...
I am a big fan of the Dawn Aft Balcony Cabins. I have not been in a suite, however, right nearby in cabin #10230 and I have posted numerous times what a great cabin and location it is. The Dawn is a beautiful with athe friendliest crew at sea!

We were in 10230 on this past 4/27 sailing and loved it!! We tried to get it again for same time next year but we're booked in the one below it on 9. We were a little sad..... We could have got it later in the season but we do the Boston to Bermuda every spring, usually the first week or two.

It's so awesome out there on that balcony isn't it!? That was our first aft-facing one.

• 2 months later...

@leekel619: it's hard to cruise anywhere else - the privacy and location are pretty nice. Then again, it was my first cruise - i suppose if I got a 14000 suite i might find myself liking them instead....

@BeachMartini: i don't believe I ever saw a Dazzles.

@fiftyguy: whoa did we miss our chance on that one

We stayed in Dawn Aft 10728 on 7/6/2012 and it was AMAZING. Everything simply commenting said and then some. Wow! The room was amazing, the perks were awesome, the staff of Cagney's was out of this world. The weather was awesome. For those that were on this cruise will agree, we couldn't have asked for better weather. On Thursday it was overcast and windy but in my opinion, we really lucked out. The overcast day allowed our family to take part in some of the activities indoors. Although we would have given it our best shot, not sure we would have survived another full day in the sun. :-)

Although we tipped our butler Roland very well, I was slightly disappointed with his willingness to go out of his way. If we asked him for something he was happy to serve but other than that we seldom heard from him. We did have a treat delivered to our room daily - chockolate covered strawberries, fruit but I think that may have been a suite perk not necessarily something he was doing for us.

As seen hear on the CC message boards, I asked him for a list of DVDs for our 5 year old son and he responded that he was not sure where the list could be found but would see what he could do. The list never surfaced. I inquired as to whether or not we could empty out the mini refrigerator so that we could keep our beverages cold and he was not willing to assist and indicated that we could empty it out but be sure to put it back before we left so that we wouldn't be charged.

I will add that the service overall on this ship compared to the Disney and RCL was by far, superior. The staff worked so hard and made our vacation even more enjoyable.

Simply Commenting - Thanks for all your advice. Anyone looking to book Dawn I suggest this room or any room Aft. Not sure we will ever be able to book any other category.

I inquired as to whether or not we could empty out the mini refrigerator so that we could keep our beverages cold and he was not willing to assist and indicated that we could empty it out but be sure to put it back before we left so that we wouldn't be charged.

That sounds unbeliveable! I've never had any other comments than "of course" when I've asked either butler or cabin steward/ess to do that on any NCL ship or cabin cat that I've been on so far - be it suite or something lower. And never have I had to stock it myself either. I think that that was really poor service from the butler.

Dawn, Aft 10728: Pictures, smuggling and everything else! Yippee!

• Alcohol. Your choice, but my story is I emptied out a "smart water" liter, put rum in, got through security EASILY. Other cruisers and I decided it was because we weren't in spring break - security could care less. Really, I didn't hear of anyone having issues and I was SOOO stressed out. Don't be obvious and you should be ok. I stressed so much and when I did it - the first thing I thought was "that's it? that is IT???!!" I was proud that I spent only a $1 on the bottle to "smuggle" it in. I was slightly miffed the story wasn't better, but I was happy to have brought it.

Did you put your "water bottle" in your carry on or checked luggage?

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...