first time balcony

familycruzr

I'm so excited! We've booked the Carnival Liberty next summer and for the first time ever, I'll have a balcony. We've always stayed in an inside room, but after having an outside on the Destiny in March we decided that the extra space was worth the cost for the 4 of us.

I originally booked an outside room, then daughter's friend decided to join us so that means 2 rooms. When I looked for an inside room for the kids and an outside for us, I had to go up to the upper deck to get an inside for 3. When I started looking at the pricing, it was only $30 more to get an inside and balcony on deck 7 than 2 outsides. I think it would have been the same price as the outsides if I'd booked rooms on deck 6, but I know I don't want to stay one deck above the promenade.

I can't wait to spend some time on my balcony!

I'm so excited! We've booked the Carnival Liberty next summer and for the first time ever, I'll have a balcony. We've always stayed in an inside room, but after having an outside on the Destiny in March we decided that the extra space was worth the cost for the 4 of us.

I originally booked an outside room, then daughter's friend decided to join us so that means 2 rooms. When I looked for an inside room for the kids and an outside for us, I had to go up to the upper deck to get an inside for 3. When I started looking at the pricing, it was only $30 more to get an inside and balcony on deck 7 than 2 outsides. I think it would have been the same price as the outsides if I'd booked rooms on deck 6, but I know I don't want to stay one deck above the promenade.

You know you are making a big mistake???

Cause now you can NEVER go back to an inside room.......:D :D :D

Enjoy your balcony.....and happy sailing!!!!

You will love the balcony. I hear all these people saying they don't spend that much time in the cabin so it isn't woth it. Well, they don't know what they are missing. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin either, but, instead of going o the lido deck for breakfas twe order room service and enjoy a cup of coffee and danish while we watch the sunrise. Then, while dw is getting ready for dinner, I sit on the balcony and watch the seas go by and she does the same while I am getting ready. At the end of the day, we enjoy sitting on the balcony under the stars and sip on a glass of wine.:D It is quite romantic.:D

You are going to LOVE your balcony! Have your morning coffee watching the sun come up, get away from the crowds, put in your i-pod ear plugs and drift off to sleep, at the end of the day have a glass of wine and watch the stars while the soft sounds of the waves fill the background - it's wonderful! We had a back balcony going through the Panama Canal and it felt like we could almost reach out and touch the lock gates as they closed behind us. It's SO worth the slight price increase. ENJOY!!! :p

Balconies are definitely the way to go. I have not actually stayed inside, but have booked an ocean view here and there on a last minute deal or spur of the moment trip, but whenever they call me and offer an upgrade, they don't have to try hard to convince me to do it if one is available.

Enjoy!

Your balcony will feel like your own private piece of paradise! I can't even imagine at this point sailing without a balcony room.

Love to be out there at different times of the day: sunrise, sunset, early morning, late evening.

Smell the fresh sea air and enjoy your cruise!!!

Congratulations! You are going to love it. And Deck 7 is great! We were on Triumph and chose Deck 7 after reading much information. I believe you're in the same type as we were- between two "residential" decks- excellent! :)

The only other time I "cruised" was for my High School Senior class trip. We took a 2 day cruise on the Scotia Prince to Nova Scotia. We were 4 girls in an inside room. But, I was young so I didn't care much. I've never been on a "real" cruise until last week. We were in a balcony and I am quite sure we'll never downgrade. We just loved being able to go outside and enjoy the breeze. We got to see a lot of cool things like other boats, oil rigs, land!, and sunset!

You're going to love it!

You will LOVE it!

We are quiet people that don't party much... we really don't love large crowds so we spend sailaway on our balcony... sometimes I blow bubbles from there... we spend the mornings, evenings out there. It's so calm and peaceful (as long as you have good neighbors). I am spoiled.... and I hope you aren't spoiling yourself.... be careful and you will be just like me! A Balcony snob!!!!! :)

Archived