Is Halloween observed on the cruises?

jaylay

Princess didn't do much for St. Patrick's day -- a few green & white balloons & a Shamrock cake outside the MDR. I can't imagine they will go all out for Halloween so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Granted it was only one cruise, but Princess seems pretty sleepy to us & not a place I would expect to find a good party. You may be one of the few in costume but don't let that stop you.

I see this come up on several boards. Seems to me that it would prove difficult as I imaging not to many folks travel with costumes? So many posts agonize over taking one extra pair of jeans or shirts, so I wouldn't think too many would have costumes with them. If a cruise line would advertise a Halloween Gala or some such, it might encourage some to participate.

I think it is rather difficult for cruise lines today with it being international in all respects. Most/many holidays are not international in scope and in fact might be perceived as negative by some groups/nationalities.

You might have some success trying to get your meet and greet and have your own party?

Archived