posting photos

seacat66

so, i opened a photo bucket account today. i have a cruise soon, so i need to learn how to use it and post photo's. any tips? oh, and i did the pro account.

I am uploading 165 pictures onto Webshots as we speak!

I have always used Webshots and posted the URL when I ad a picture.

Click the photo right above the box when you post, then ad the URL you get from Photobucket.

Hope that helps!

Photobucket, I use the 2nd of the 4 links .. and then click the yellow mountain looking thing above ... and it pops up showing it wants a link, delete out what is there, and paste the link in from photobucket.

voila.

i guess i had better upload some photo's to photobucket first to understand better! lol

thanks!

Edited by seacat66

I use the free photobucket. After you upload photos, run your mouse over the picture and a box will drop down below it, with four possible links. Left click on the 'img' box, and it will briefly say 'copied'. The come to CC to the post you want to add the picture to, right click where you want it, and click 'paste'. The IMG code will will show, and when you click to 'post reply', the picture will be there. EM

I use the free photobucket. After you upload photos, run your mouse over the picture and a box will drop down below it, with four possible links. Left click on the 'img' box, and it will briefly say 'copied'. The come to CC to the post you want to add the picture to, right click where you want it, and click 'paste'. The IMG code will will show, and when you click to 'post reply', the picture will be there. EM

Yep... you're exactly right. I use these images to illustrate the process...

Photobucketimg.jpg

IMGcodepaste.jpg

:)

• 2 months later...

seacat66 -

if you look at your posts #13 & #14, you have dropped the leading"[". If you just 'left click' on the code in the rectangular box after IMG Code in Photobucket, you will not have that problem when you paste the code here.

I copied the URL from your post #13 and added the leading "[" to get your picture:

HPIM1408.jpg

SBtS

seacat66 -

if you look at your posts #13 & #14, you have dropped the leading"[". If you just 'left click' on the code in the rectangular box after IMG Code in Photobucket, you will not have that problem when you paste the code here.

I copied the URL from your post #13 and added the leading "[" to get your picture:

HPIM1408.jpg

SBtS

thanks, i'm still trying to get the hang of this posting pictures.

i guess i had better upload some photo's to Photobucket first to understand better!
I've been using Photobucket for some years now

and have accumulated a substantial stash of cruise pics on that website!

Click on this link..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/

to access my 'Front Page' which shows just a few token pics of various ships I've cruised on.

Don't let that fool you though -off in a right hand column, you'll find several SUB-albums

named per ship and date.

Clicking on those Sub-albums gets you into each specific cruise.

Going further, within each specific cruise you'll notice more sub-albums (usually Destinations)..

so feel free to mosey around in there, to see what a mature established Photobucket collection can look like. ;)

Another cool feature of Photobucket (this'll come later for you?):

Having already uploaded multiple photos (and created several albums, sub-albums and sub-sub-albums)

there is also a 'MOVE' feature whereby you can re-locate your pics to a more appropriate folder

Have fun establishing your cruise memories via Photobucket!

Do you have to use photo bucket to post pictures?

No, I have used Flickr for quite awhile. The have a free version and a Pro version. You can see read about the difference between the 2 in their FAQ section.

Not working because of one single keystroke you left out... a simple [

that should have enclosed your initial [img] html command

before entering the URL of the image...then close the html command with the usual [/img]

Once you understand html and how it works, it's actually a snap!

This...

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/html_cheatsheet/

might be daunting for you as a beginner

but have a look anyway. In the fullness of time, you'll come to understand how it works.

You seem to already have the hang of it!

still kind of hit and miss for me.

Not working because of one single keystroke you left out... a simple [

that should have enclosed your initial [img] html command

before entering the URL of the image...then close the html command with the usual [/img]

Once you understand html and how it works, it's actually a snap!

oddly enough, that one particular picture does not have the "[" at the beginning of the code.

thanks for everyone's help. i want to be able to post pictures like you all. it makes for more fun reading!

This...

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/html_cheatsheet/

might be daunting for you as a beginner

but have a look anyway. In the fullness of time, you'll come to understand how it works.