MDR - Table Seating

Although we did receive confirmation of our request for 2 top, we will definitely head to MDR upon boarding to confirm (or request change if it isn't a 2 top). Easy thing to do and also makes it easier the first evening if we already know where our table is located :)! Just waned to give a thumbs up to RCI for handling the request so promptly!

I seem to remember there being a check off box in "my reservations" on the website for your request for dining alone or to be seated with others? Am I crazy? I know thats not the op's question here, but after reading this thread, I got to thinking that we would rather a table for 4 than be seated with others and checked my reservation and couldn't find anywhere to check. Guess I'll have to e-mail as well?

Email RCLDining@rccl.com about a month ahead - I did this and got a response from:

Marlene Prieto

Administrator, Restaurant Operations

Specialty Dining Administration

Food & Beverage Operations

Royal Caribbean International

Tel:305-539-6000 ext. 38614

Fax:305-539-4205

RCLDining@rccl.com

Thank you for posting this info. I realize this is last minute for me as my cruise starts this Sunday but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway.I emailed her last night and woke up to her response, which is :

'Since the sailing is this weekend i have forward the request to the vessel.'

I was impressed with her quick response. Hey even though it's late, it can't hurt:)

You can also contact the ships directly. Here is the address for Freedom (no space between Coordinator and @)

Fr_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator @RCCl.com

RCCL uses these abbreviations:

AD Adventure of the Seas

AL Allure of the Seas

BR Brilliance of the Seas

EN Enchantment of the Seas

EX Explorer of the Seas

FR Freedom of the Seas

GR Grandeur of the Seas

ID Independence of the Seas

JW Jewel of the Seas

LG Legend of the Seas

LB Liberty of the Seas

MJ Majesty of the Seas

MA Mariner of the Seas

MN Monarch of the Seas

NV Navigator of the Seas

OA Oasis of the Seas

RD Radiance of the Seas

RH Rhapsody of the Seas

SR Serenade of the Seas

SP Splendour of the Seas

VI Vision of the Seas

VY Voyager of the Seas

Maybe that doesn't matter? Some people believe the window tables are the "best" and want them, view or no view.;)

That`s why I said just putting it out there!!! I don`t know what people`s motivation is, just wanted to add something they might not have considered!

Here's my reply, will take the email with me as proof

Good evening,

Please be advised you are part of MTD we do not assign tables all are done onboard. Your request is noted for window table. On your first night advise the hostess that you would like window table. Thank you.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Varinia Mena

Fax: (305)-539-4205

RCLDining@rccl.com

• 2 weeks later...
Email RCLDining@rccl.com about a month ahead - I did this and got a response from:

Marlene Prieto

Tel:305-539-6000 ext. 38614

Fax:305-539-4205

RCLDining@rccl.com

Thanks again!

You can also contact the ships directly. Here is the address for Freedom (no space between Coordinator and @)

Fr_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator @RCCl.com

RCCL uses these abbreviations:

AD Adventure of the Seas

AL Allure of the Seas

BR Brilliance of the Seas

EN Enchantment of the Seas

EX Explorer of the Seas

FR Freedom of the Seas

GR Grandeur of the Seas

ID Independence of the Seas

JW Jewel of the Seas

LG Legend of the Seas

LB Liberty of the Seas

MJ Majesty of the Seas

MA Mariner of the Seas

MN Monarch of the Seas

NV Navigator of the Seas

OA Oasis of the Seas

RD Radiance of the Seas

RH Rhapsody of the Seas

SR Serenade of the Seas

SP Splendour of the Seas

VI Vision of the Seas

VY Voyager of the Seas

Thanks! I emailed both the email addresses, the one from 138east and yours just days before my cruise. We checked our Dining table when we got on the Serenade and to our pleasant surprise...we got out table for 2 by the window :D:D

• 1 month later...

Love Royal Caribbean . . . . . . . one HUGE complaint though. My last four cruises on the Freedom of the Seas, Oasis and Allure of the Seas I asked for a table for two. This has never happened . . . . I wrote to RCC in Miami and never had the courtesy of a response. When I went to the Maitre d' I was told that there were no tables for two available . . . . . and what really makes me angry is that many tables for two sat EMPTY most of the cruise because the couple that sat there, ate elsewhere. On my last cruise We were placed at a table for six. The other people were obnoxious, so I was forced to eat at the buffet just to get away from them.

Will I sail on RCC again . . . . maybe not. I enjoyed the cruises . . . but, the total experience is ruined when my partner and i can't enjoy a quiet, private meal at a table for TWO!

I was thinking the same thing that I would like to have a seat by the window but most likely will be night time so there is no point. If I eat between 6 and 7 the sun will be down (February Caribbean) correct?

In the Caribbean, unless you eat very early, it is dark by the time you sit down for dinner.

Archived