Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

TADA!!! Another 1 1/2 pounds gone! I recived a third 5 lb sticker today which means 15 pounds gone and I am now 1 pound away from my 10 %. That will feel so awesome. It has taken forever to get to this point so I am thankful for every little bit that I lose. There are only 3 more weeks left in this session and altogether 10 weeks until we go to Spain. So it is doubtful that I will reach my goal weight and have the 6 weeks for maintainence . But I am determined that I will maintain while away. I need to reach lifetime by February to satisfy my original goal that I set at the beginning of the year, but nevertheless, I am very pleased to be wearing a size 8 or 10 depending on the cut.

Good luck to everyone else. And great advice from bunchesoffun.

Ciao,

Nikki

That's great Nikki!

Keep up the good work, I try to do the best I can to stay on track. Some days are harder than others. I am so glad the points reset every day, kind of gives me a fresh start.

Diana

Congratulations! Great work. We can't obsess too much on goals because it can derail you if you don't meet the one that you've set. I use Weight Commander and he has a place for a 30 day goal. I reset it often. I WI tomorrow morning. Then after that we are going to the state fair as our son is in 4H and has a speech to give. We plan on stopping to eat on the way which I can have more control over that at the fair. If I've eaten before I get there the temptations will be less.

I have no idea how it happened, but after a brutal week of celebrating 3 of my friend's engagements, ( lots of wine ) not tracking after Saturday, and very little exercise, I had my WI this morning. While there was no loss (no surprise there), I also did not gain. I am exactly where I was last Wednesday. Today I am back on track and am just now going out to ride my bike for at least 45 minutes, and pehaps even an hour. I am setting a new goal to lose 5 pounds by the time my family comes for a visit in mid September. I need to have goals set or I start to lose my motivation. That is a little less than 1 pound a week- certainly doable.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Congratulations on staying the same! With a week like that, it's a blessing to stay the same. Know you'll probably do really well next week. When I weighed in last Thursday I had lost 2.2 pounds. This past week we went to the fair, AND a BBQ. So I don't know how I have done even though I ate responsibly as I could under the circumstances. I WI tomorrow. But having lost over 2 pounds last week, it will probably be a small loss if any.

Wow what great inspirational people here! I am a WW success losing 39 pounds in 9 months and am currently 13 pounds under goal (picked that highest number to get to lifetime faster) and have 3 more pounds to go for my goal. It’s a great program but I’m worried about all the temptations there will be on the cruise next month, love those fru-fru drinks!! Anyone have any suggestions or tips on how they maintained or lost on their cruise? I already get about 25 – 30 activity points a week so I can’t see doing a whole lot more exercising on the ship. Thanks!!

WW online has a cheat sheet for alcoholic drinks. And while not all the cruise drinks are listed, it gives you an idea of how many points various types of drinks are. It's called the "Cocktail Cheat Sheet". They range from 4 points for a Bloody Mary to 29 points for a Frozen Chocolate Mudslide! But be careful most of the drinks they show are 4 or 5 oz and I'm sure the drinks on the ship are bigger than that. But it will give you some clue anyway.

If you can get your exercise in on board the ship I would think you would probably be okay as long as you don't pig out. If you are selective about what you eat and how much you should be fine. I'm a non exerciser. Apart from bowling once a week, I really don't get much exercise. I might try walking to class as it's about half a mile but I'm afraid I'll poop out before I get there. :) That's great that you get that much exercise in.

WI tomorrow for me and I don't know as we went to two functions this week. But it was early in the week, so maybe I'll be okay. Had a good loss last week, so will not be surprised if tomorrows is small.

Wow what great inspirational people here! I am a WW success losing 39 pounds in 9 months and am currently 13 pounds under goal (picked that highest number to get to lifetime faster) and have 3 more pounds to go for my goal. It’s a great program but I’m worried about all the temptations there will be on the cruise next month, love those fru-fru drinks!! Anyone have any suggestions or tips on how they maintained or lost on their cruise? I already get about 25 – 30 activity points a week so I can’t see doing a whole lot more exercising on the ship. Thanks!!

Good for you in that weight loss. I am also picking a higher number to reach Lifetime but intend to lose about 10 pounds more because that is where I think I will feel my best. Just above your post about 20 higher -Annette ( just4kixx) detailed what she did on her cruise to keep loss to a minimum. My plan is to use the "Simply Filling" technique. I must reread that area of my materials, and cut out the bread. Try to keep up your exercise routine and with lots of extra walking in your ports, you should be good to go.

Nikki

Hi all. I am on weight watchers. Sailing on the Carnival Breeze on 12/8. I had open heart surgery in March and lost weight. I wanted to keep going and not do the usual gain it all back with friends. I am diabetic so I don't eat loads of fruit. I sometimes just have a Glucerna drink for breakfast. It's like Ensure but with less sugar. I need to lose a lot but hope to make good progress by cruise time.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement. WI tomorrow we'll see how it goes, I've been stuck in a 1 lb rage for about a month now. And glad I could help with picking the higher goal. It helps you get to Lifetime faster but also gives you a little wiggle room if you get sick or something (which I hope none of us do).

Well, went to weigh in. I lost .2 but considering the week I had that's not too bad. Hopefully next week will be better. So I've lost 11 pounds in 8 weeks. Slightly more than 1 pound a week. I can live with that eve though I wish it were 2 per week. But since I'm going to have to eat like this for the rest of my life.... What difference does it make how long it takes to lose it?

Well, went to weigh in. I lost .2 but considering the week I had that's not too bad. Hopefully next week will be better. So I've lost 11 pounds in 8 weeks. Slightly more than 1 pound a week. I can live with that eve though I wish it were 2 per week. But since I'm going to have to eat like this for the rest of my life.... What difference does it make how long it takes to lose it?

Great job Bunches! A loss is better than a gain!! And 11 lbs in 8 weeks is great don't beat yourself up.

Those are my exact thoughts. I would like to be slimmer than I am right now. But I am slimmer than I was even a short while ago. And if I am going to be on this program for life, I might as well embrace any loss. I also think that you are doing well and a .2 loss means you are on the right track. Keep it up!

Nikki

Well Rats!!! I had a 1/2 pound gain last week. That is what happens to me when I don't accurately track. But seeing as how I went to a festival last weekend, and had a large sample of fantastic garlic ( seriously) cheesecake and many other assorted goodies, I am not surprised. However, this was the week that I hoped to make my 10% goal, so I will have to be especially vigilant this week.

Nikki

Just back from weigh in. I wasn't expecting a loss but I did lose. 1.8 pounds! That makes me very happy. It seems like when I'm expecting a big loss it's little or a gain, and when I'm expecting nothing, I get a good loss. It's so weird. Oh well. Now starts another week.

Just back from weigh in. I wasn't expecting a loss but I did lose. 1.8 pounds! That makes me very happy. It seems like when I'm expecting a big loss it's little or a gain, and when I'm expecting nothing, I get a good loss. It's so weird. Oh well. Now starts another week.

Isn't it crazy how that works? Anyway congrats on the loss and good luck in the upcoming week. Is there anyone else out there. Thread seems very quiet in the past month.

Nikki

Good job on the loss!

I have been struggling a bit, not loosing and getting very frustrated :(. I have a tendency to go a bit crazy with my food on weekends so I'm loosing the same pounds over and over, you know what I mean. But this weekend, with the help of my leader I have managed to keep things under control. The big difference for me is that I plan and track Monday through Friday but not on the weekend. AND I eat way too much junk, using my flex points but I am sure I am eating way more than 49.

So my plan is to be very disciplined 7 days a week. Wish me luck!

Diana

It's difficult when we get into a habit. They're hard to break. But tracking points full time is essential. Our habit is to go to Captain D's on Friday nights. I go light on points during the day so I can have my shrimp skewers with coleslaw and breadstick and still stay within my daily points. Yesterday we went to the fair and I had a sub rather than all the things I really WANTED to have because I knew everything else was 15 points and up. I did have 1/8 of my daughter's funnel cake (7 points). Ended the day using 4 of my weekly points. Figured that was pretty good considering what I could have done instead.

Good job on the loss!

I have been struggling a bit, not loosing and getting very frustrated :(. I have a tendency to go a bit crazy with my food on weekends so I'm loosing the same pounds over and over, you know what I mean. But this weekend, with the help of my leader I have managed to keep things under control. The big difference for me is that I plan and track Monday through Friday but not on the weekend. AND I eat way too much junk, using my flex points but I am sure I am eating way more than 49.

So my plan is to be very disciplined 7 days a week. Wish me luck!

Diana

So happy to find this thread. I too Diana have a tendency to.go overboard on the weekends....especially the one I'm off. I work every other weekend. My off weekends are the problem. But I'm determined to stay OP next weekend...even if my husband and I do go out and eat breakfast like we usually do. I'll be mindful of what I eat. I'm finally back on track and don't want to blow it. I've done well this weekend....packed my meals and tracking everything.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Hi Everyone,

I was checking in on this thread pretty regularly a while back but then wasn't as active for a bit. But now, my cruise leaves 10/22 so I have been back on CC more often.

I started WW back in Feb and have lost 41 lbs. I still have quite a ways to go but seem to have hit a bit of a plateau and stayed the same or only 1/2 lb loss for the past month or so. I know it is because my husband and I have not been as good about tracking on weekends as we should because we've been doing some camping. But now, with cruise in sight, I am hoping it gives me some motivation to stay on track.

Other issue is that I have been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis (no clue on actual spelling) which has impacted my daily walking for the time being so I don't have those extra activity points. I need to look for some other ways to get those points in.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hello! to all the others on our WW journey and looking forward to cruising.

Linda

Hello everyone,

Looks like the weekends a tough for everyone else too, nice to know I'm not alone.:cool: I have been good this week so far WI on Friday.

Plantar facitis, ouch, I feel your pain. I have had it as well, do you have access to a bike or stationary bike? That's probably your best bet for now.

Good luck with everything to all of us, chat later!

Diana

Hello everybody, i've been on WW 6 years got to goal and it was great But then became a grandmother for the first time was so

thrilled that i went off goal so i know how everyone fills. Now i'm back, had to give myself a new goal weight which is good for me i'm back at

goal. :D

Gloria

WI this morning. Down a half pound. Now I need to miss the next 3 weeks of meetings and weighins due to other commitments. I am determined to stay on track and record every single bite. I am still finding that if I attempt to use any of the extra points, I either do not lose or even gain a bit. So that is a definite sign for me.

Good luck to everyone with your WI's this week.

Nikki

Weigh in this morning. Down 2.8 pounds, my best loss so far. And this was with going to the fair as well. I was good and only had a sub sandwich and a small bit of funnel cake. That makes something like 15.6 down. I'm really excited and want to shout from the rooftops :)