Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Well I have just been informed by one of my friends that I am now training for a mud run in September. ;EEK; I'm excited to do it but also nervous of course. This will be after my cruise.

I'm starting my "operation bikini" today :)

I want to be wearing a bikini by my jan cruise.

I've managed to stay OP for the most part this week. I did find the homemade reeces someone brought to work delicious though!!!!

Congrats to all the losers! Your stories are what keep me going

LIVE LIFE IN FLIP FLOPS!!

Sara

Sara, what is a mud run?

Sara, what is a mud run?

Have you ever heard of Warrior Dash? Its a 3 mile trail that you run with obstacles along the way that usually involve jumping in mud or falling in mud or swimming in muddy water etc.

Have you ever heard of Warrior Dash? Its a 3 mile trail that you run with obstacles along the way that usually involve jumping in mud or falling in mud or swimming in muddy water etc.

OMG that sounds like fun! Congrats to you for doing it! I think I am going to see if I can find one here, sound like the wildest 5k I could think of!:D

Cherie

No official WI for me this week as my leader has had a family emergency. On my scale I was down 1.5 pounds so the bike riding paid off. My scale always weighs less though so no use getting excited. I joined Spark People today. There are lots of interesting articles to read there. I also looked at Zumba videos on Youtube. I took a zumba class last year. It was a blast but only lasted for 6 weeks. We live in a very rural area so it is not easy to find classes that fit our schedule ( we only have 1 vehicle since retiring). There were a number of videos here so I am thinking about adding a 15-20 minute routine to my exercise rotation twice a week. This way, no embarassing worries if I don't remember the steps right away. I made a butternut squash soup yesterday. As John has his men's league golf tonight, that will be my dinner. Couldn't ride today as by the time I had completed my chores around the house, there was a fierce thunderstorm with hail. Perhaps I will dance with one of the zumba videos before I eat my soup.

Ciao,

Nikki

I hope you consider WW, as it is not a diet but rather a set of lifestyle changes. We weigh, measure, and track what we eat. It all comes down to portion control and activity.

I have been off and on WW for about 13 years. I have gained weight back, but never as much as I had lost.

I weighed 198 lbs when I joined WW in 1999. I lost 63 lbs. Then I had a second baby and went to 175. I lost again on WW back to 135 and then a baby girl came and I went to 170. I then went down to about 162 and stayed for several years. Last year again I was back at it and went back down to 135. I went on a cruise and gaind 7.5 lbs. I then in 7 months went back up to 152. I started back in March and I am now 138, and will get to at least 130 this time. Maybe even 120, we will see.

I just came back from a cruise and this time I LOST weight! For half of the cruise I did not snack, eat sweets, and stuck to half portions. I stayed low sodium, and drank water. The last 3 days, I ate dessert, and I drank Champagne( a lot of it) and ate most of what was on my plate. At first I thought my weight loss was a miracle, but then I thought about the choices I made. You know what, I had fish, lean meats, salads and few sauces. It was not a miracle, it was good choices:D.

The good choices seem to stick as well over time. The first time on WW I stopped drinking non-diet soda. I later changed to whole grain bread, becel instead of butter, and you know what, each time I went away from WW, I gained less weight.

I hope you give it a try, and best of luck to you.

Cherie

Thanks for writing back. So far I've started making small changes..Drinking more water, cutting back on sugar by eating no sugar jello and puddings, and eating rice and veggies instead of French fries. I probably will join WW though I hear good things and I know they don't cut out a whole food group so it's something one can do for life.

Thanks for writing back. So far I've started making small changes..Drinking more water, cutting back on sugar by eating no sugar jello and puddings, and eating rice and veggies instead of French fries. I probably will join WW though I hear good things and I know they don't cut out a whole food group so it's something one can do for life.

The beauty of WW is nothing is off limits, It is about how much of what you eat! I know you can do it! You have already began to make some great choice.

Hang out with us here for a bit, there are some great things going on!

Cherie

We went to a retirement barbeque last night. I tried to stay on point, but there was a plate of sweets that kept calling my name. That and 2 glasses of wine tipped me into the weekly points and I know I don't do well when I start into those. Also due to guests droppping in unexpectedly, rain almost every day, and trying to finish some painting, exercise has not been regular or prolonged. However, today is another ( rainy- so no biking) day and I will try to salvage whatever I can. I have made the transition into the 150's and do not want to see anything of the 160's again. THAT is my primary motivation. BTW the way, I wore a new sundress yesterday and received many compliments on how good I looked. The loss and the battle have been so worth it. Now to stay on track for the rest of the week.

Ciao,

Nikki

Nikki, I bet you did look great sporting that new sundress! Keep that feeling in the forefront, and let that help you make your choices.

2 glasses of wine and some sweets from the sweet tray are ok on occasion, and last night was exactly that... An occasion.

If we are gonna make this work for life, we have to be realistic! It's all about what you do today... Do you throw in the towel because it is easier? or do you get back on the proverbial bike and work the program? And continue to get those lovely compliments :D

Congrats on using restraint last night! I know for me that my current choices are drastically different from the choices I was making a year ago!

Keep on tracking!

A~

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

We went to a retirement barbeque last night. I tried to stay on point, but there was a plate of sweets that kept calling my name. That and 2 glasses of wine tipped me into the weekly points and I know I don't do well when I start into those. Also due to guests droppping in unexpectedly, rain almost every day, and trying to finish some painting, exercise has not been regular or prolonged. However, today is another ( rainy- so no biking) day and I will try to salvage whatever I can. I have made the transition into the 150's and do not want to see anything of the 160's again. THAT is my primary motivation. BTW the way, I wore a new sundress yesterday and received many compliments on how good I looked. The loss and the battle have been so worth it. Now to stay on track for the rest of the week.

Ciao,

Nikki

Congrats on rocking the sundress! I hope to do this too by maybe July.:D

Someone told me a few weeks ago that life happens, and to not be too hard on myself. So you don't get to be hard on yourself either! :p Seriously, I am so proud of you for riding and for working as hard as you are. I looked at bikes this week, so that is a step in the right direction!

Cherie

Hello Everyone!

I have spent some time reading this thread, so great. I am planning on going back to WW, my first meeting and WI will be Friday morning. I feel a renewed strength from reading this thread.

I lost about 25 pounds on WW about 8 years ago. It's all back now, have been back and forth a few times since then, I have never done Points Plus so I am looking forward to that. I had been very active, a regular exerciser for about 15 years. About 3 years ago I tore my plantar facia running, during the months recovering I gained weight and lost muscle mass and the drive to exercise. I also have osteoarthritis in both knees, I have had surgery and many injections but continue to suffer with quite a bit of pain. My Ortho really wants me to drop the extra weight and I know I really need to , and will feel better if I can. I will be 50 this month, and the metabolism is really slowing down!

So that's my story! I need to loose 30 lbs, I really want to do it! So I got an email from WW this morning for free registration and I'll join the monthly pass plan. I work outside of the home, Friday is my day off so thats the day I will choose for meetings, I need a face to face weigh in and the inspiration of the meetings. I joined Planet Fitness too!

Thanks for inspiring me to get back to work on myself!

Diana

Hello Everyone!

I have spent some time reading this thread, so great. I am planning on going back to WW, my first meeting and WI will be Friday morning. I feel a renewed strength from reading this thread.

I lost about 25 pounds on WW about 8 years ago. It's all back now, have been back and forth a few times since then, I have never done Points Plus so I am looking forward to that. I had been very active, a regular exerciser for about 15 years. About 3 years ago I tore my plantar facia running, during the months recovering I gained weight and lost muscle mass and the drive to exercise. I also have osteoarthritis in both knees, I have had surgery and many injections but continue to suffer with quite a bit of pain. My Ortho really wants me to drop the extra weight and I know I really need to , and will feel better if I can. I will be 50 this month, and the metabolism is really slowing down!

So that's my story! I need to loose 30 lbs, I really want to do it! So I got an email from WW this morning for free registration and I'll join the monthly pass plan. I work outside of the home, Friday is my day off so thats the day I will choose for meetings, I need a face to face weigh in and the inspiration of the meetings. I joined Planet Fitness too!

Diana

Welcome Diana. You will fit right in here with us. Everyone has her own reasons for wanting to drop some weight but it usually boils down to health ones. We all lose at different rates and we all react differently to our disappointments. However, if it is encouragement that you need, you are definitely in the right place. Everyone here cheers our successes and helps us to stay in a good place if we have a bad day,week, whatever. We will look forward to hearing how you are coping. Good luck with the loss and working through whatever exercise you decide to try.

I rode for 45 minutes this morning and then came back to finish spray-painting our wicker furniture. Didn't finish as it got way too hot and humid and I also ran out of paint. Good luck with a bike purchase if you decide to jump in Cherie. Thanks Cherie and Annette for the encouragement. It is much easier to forgive oneself for a bad day now that I have seen the results of my hard work and I was back on track again yesterday. I may not have used all my points even but once in a while I think that also fools the body into speeding up the metabolism a tiny bit.

Ciao,

Nikki

Hello Everyone!

Diana

Welcome Diana! Glad that you are joining us! I too have been around WW for years and have had my shares of scales ups and downs.

Great people here at all levels of the program, They are are a great insiration to me. :D

Welcome Diana. You will fit right in here with us. Everyone has her own reasons for wanting to drop some weight but it usually boils down to health ones. We all lose at different rates and we all react differently to our disappointments. However, if it is encouragement that you need, you are definitely in the right place. Everyone here cheers our successes and helps us to stay in a good place if we have a bad day,week, whatever. We will look forward to hearing how you are coping. Good luck with the loss and working through whatever exercise you decide to try.

I rode for 45 minutes this morning and then came back to finish spray-painting our wicker furniture. Didn't finish as it got way too hot and humid and I also ran out of paint. Good luck with a bike purchase if you decide to jump in Cherie. Thanks Cherie and Annette for the encouragement. It is much easier to forgive oneself for a bad day now that I have seen the results of my hard work and I was back on track again yesterday. I may not have used all my points even but once in a while I think that also fools the body into speeding up the metabolism a tiny bit.

Ciao,

Nikki

I decided to get a bike at my 130lbs wi as a reward.:) I have picked it out. I was a little more than I wanted to pay, but it is worth it.

Congrats on riding and being on track!

Cherie

I decided to get a bike at my 130lbs wi as a reward.:) I have picked it out. I was a little more than I wanted to pay, but it is worth it.

Congrats on riding and being on track!

Cherie

Cheri, does this mean you have reached your goal? Congrats on both the WI and the purchase.

Nikki

Cheri, does this mean you have reached your goal? Congrats on both the WI and the purchase.

Nikki

LOL, no not yet. My goal was 135 then it was 130 now it is 122. I would like to be 120 by January 16th. 120 for my 20-20 birthday. I want to wear a size bathing suite that I am proud of the way I look. We are going on a 16 day and two cruise vacation:D (NO KIDS). I am 12 LBS away from 122. It may take a while, but I have time.

Hello, thank you for the warm welcome!

So inspired by your losses!

I'm hanging on, ready to learn the new program. I'll check in on Friday after my first weigh in:eek:

Have been going to the gym regularly, they have a piece of cardio equipment called an Arc Trainer, love it. Easy on the knees.

Chat soon

Diana

Had my WI this morning. TADA.......... I am down another 1 1/2 pounds! I am happy with that so the zumba and bike riding is paying off. Tomorrow I am cooking a Spanish dinner for 4 of the couples that we will be cruising and touring Spain with this fall. We need to make some plans for tours. I plan to eat some of everything but not to go overboard so that I stay on track. I plan to have a great summer but will only aim for a 1/2 pound a week loss. Come Labour day, I will up the ante again. That will still translate to 5 less pounds by September. My docotor reminded me that I am doing very well as diabetics have a harder time losing weight. So I am thrilled with the 15 pound loss since February. And my new clothes in size 8 are awesome!!! Best of luck to all this week.

Ciao,

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Had my WI this morning. TADA.......... I am down another 1 1/2 pounds! I am happy with that so the zumba and bike riding is paying off. Tomorrow I am cooking a Spanish dinner for 4 of the couples that we will be cruising and touring Spain with this fall. We need to make some plans for tours. I plan to eat some of everything but not to go overboard so that I stay on track. I plan to have a great summer but will only aim for a 1/2 pound a week loss. Come Labour day, I will up the ante again. That will still translate to 5 less pounds by September. My docotor reminded me that I am doing very well as diabetics have a harder time losing weight. So I am thrilled with the 15 pound loss since February. And my new clothes in size 8 are awesome!!! Best of luck to all this week.

Ciao,

Nikki

YEA YOU! Size 8 and all! I am so happy for you!

The beauty of WW is nothing is off limits, It is about how much of what you eat! I know you can do it! You have already began to make some great choice.

Hang out with us here for a bit, there are some great things going on!

Cherie

...This past week I added something new to my plan. I only put 1/2 of what I used to on my dinner plate and I try to eat slower and use my mind after each bite...when I get @2/3 done with what's on my plate I ask myself do you think your full???...If I feel satisfied I push my plate away. It sounds funny but I've honestly never done that before, my upbringing I guess Mom used to say "Eat, think of the starving children in Africa" Well guess what they are still thin and I'm 50 lbs overweight!! Anyhoo, the good news is after two weeks of my little changes I've lost 5.5 Lbs!!! I'm excited. Going to try and incorporate some kind of exercise to keep the spark going. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

...This past week I added something new to my plan. I only put 1/2 of what I used to on my dinner plate and I try to eat slower and use my mind after each bite...when I get @2/3 done with what's on my plate I ask myself do you think your full???...If I feel satisfied I push my plate away. It sounds funny but I've honestly never done that before, my upbringing I guess Mom used to say "Eat, think of the starving children in Africa" Well guess what they are still thin and I'm 50 lbs overweight!! Anyhoo, the good news is after two weeks of my little changes I've lost 5.5 Lbs!!! I'm excited. Going to try and incorporate some kind of exercise to keep the spark going. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Good for you! I am very proud of you for making good choices, and for asking yourself the right questions!

:D:D:D

5.5 lbs ROCKS!!

You have the right idea now. And that wonderful 5.5 pound loss is just the beginning. I know our mothers meant well, but many of us were brought up with that phrase to our detriment. They say a new habit takes about 30 days for our brains to fully grasp, but you are well on your way to new habits. I am so proud of you! Keep it going.

Ciao,

Nikki

Good evening<

It's official, I joined WW this morning:) I have some work to do, but for now my focus is on my 5%. I can do this!

Thanks so much for your continued posts, they will keep me centered I'm sure.

Cheers! diana

I weigh in tomorrow, last week I stayed the same. But I have lost 31 pounds so far. Last week I got got the bad news I have rheumatoid arthritis. So with all the meds I am on I hope I can continue to lose. I guess we will see. Hang on to my seat and get ready for the ride.

I've been doing WW since last August and have lost 45 pounds so far. I exercise a lot. It is getting harder the closer I get to goal but I'd really like to lose 15 more pounds by my Sept cruise. We shall see!

What you have already lost is fantastic. The less you weigh, the more the weight wants to stay. The plateau is a bother but perhaps it can be fooled by switching up the number of points--26 one day, 29 another and 28 a third, then back to 26. Hope this helps.

Nikki

I weigh in tomorrow, last week I stayed the same. But I have lost 31 pounds so far. Last week I got got the bad news I have rheumatoid arthritis. So with all the meds I am on I hope I can continue to lose. I guess we will see. Hang on to my seat and get ready for the ride.

Meds can be a problem and there is no way around it. I saw somewhere on the web, exercices for those who must be seated. Google sitting with exercise and see what pops up. It may help you. 31 pounds is a great loss and I hope you are able to keep building on it. It may take longer, but you have proven that you can do it. Good luck!!!

Good evening<

It's official, I joined WW this morning:) I have some work to do, but for now my focus is on my 5%. I can do this!

Thanks so much for your continued posts, they will keep me centered I'm sure.

Cheers! diana

Diana, Yes you can! I think the best way to reach our goals is to break them into smaller sections. 5 % is a good start. Concentrate on 5 pounds at a time as well. Each pound is a successs and will motivate you towards your ultimate goal. Even if you have a bad week, you are still trying to reach that 5 pounds and success WILL come. Best of luck. We are all here for you, because we have all been starters and know all about the trials.

Nikki