Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Weigh in this morning. Down 2.8 pounds, my best loss so far. And this was with going to the fair as well. I was good and only had a sub sandwich and a small bit of funnel cake. That makes something like 15.6 down. I'm really excited and want to shout from the rooftops :)

That's great!

Had my weigh-in this AM and am down 2 lbs! Yay!!! However, I have a week of birthday parties and other events this week so am really going to have to do some planning to try to stick to my points. I am so happy to break that plateau though - past 3 weeks had remained the same. Great job to all the other "losers" this week!!

Congrats to all the losers. This is the first of 3 weeks that I am unable to go to a meeting. I did not do a great job of tracking last week, and when I weighed myself this morning, I was up .6 pounds. I need to continue to be serious as there is no way I can get to meetings for the rest of my life. You guys help me to stay accountable so I will try very hard to keep up with you next week.

Nikki

Congrats to all the losers. This is the first of 3 weeks that I am unable to go to a meeting. I did not do a great job of tracking last week, and when I weighed myself this morning, I was up .6 pounds. I need to continue to be serious as there is no way I can get to meetings for the rest of my life. You guys help me to stay accountable so I will try very hard to keep up with you next week.

Nikki

Good luck Nikki!

DH and I are back on the program. I am an online member, and I just tell him what he can eat. He's pretty good at keeping track ( I gave him my old calculator and he has a keychain "clicker") especially when he asks me how many points he has had at supper time! I haven't been tracking or weighing since May. I was pleased that I was only up 1.8 lb. I think it's because I quit drinking diet soda, and I drink way more water than I used to. Once you start counting again though, you realize how much you have been off your game! Good luck to everyone over Labor Day... we have 52 more days before our next cruise!

Had weigh in yesterday. Down .4 again. I would complain, but I had Papa John's pizza on Tuesday night and retained water big time. Rings which used to twist easily on my finger are stuck in place by my swollen fingers. So I know I actually lost more than that and it will show next week. I had two slices of pizza 22 points total and finished the week with 29 weekly and 6 activity points left. So I know I was on program and it's just the sodium. I need some new recipes though. I am tired of the ones that I am doing...

Had weigh in yesterday. Down .4 again. I would complain, but I had Papa John's pizza on Tuesday night and retained water big time. Rings which used to twist easily on my finger are stuck in place by my swollen fingers. So I know I actually lost more than that and it will show next week. I had two slices of pizza 22 points total and finished the week with 29 weekly and 6 activity points left. So I know I was on program and it's just the sodium. I need some new recipes though. I am tired of the ones that I am doing...

Good for any weight loss, but I know the disappoinment that accompanies losing less that you know you really did. Your attitude will carry you far in this journey. Try picking up a current issue of WW magazine. There are always loads of new recipes and ideas which you can use as a starting point.

Also I subscribe to Hungry Girl and receive lots of recipes with WW points value. Some are good, others not so much but lots of good ideas.

Nikki

Hi Everyone,

WI today and lost 1 1/2 lbs. which brings me to 45 lbs lost since I started - I am soooo excited! We all have our good weeks and our "needs work" weeks and thankfully this is a good one.

I use skinny taste .com (squished together of course) and she has a lot of great recipes. One other thing I found online was to freeze bananas - which I won't eat once they get brown - and then puree them in the food processor which is kind of like ice cream with some fat free choc. sauce is fabulous and almost free pts - that helps me with those night time munchies.

Question for you all - we leave mid-October for our cruise to Hawaii but all winter clothes will be out. Should I just buy things at my size now? or maybe one more down? since I don't have much that fits but didn't want to spend a lot of money as I still have quite a bit more to lose. Whaddya think?

Hope everyone has a great week and a fun-filled Labor Day weekend!

Kinda depends what weight you are now. Mid October is only 6 weeks away, so you should lose between 6-12 pounds. The smaller you are the sooner you go down a size. The bigger you are it could mean staying the same. Figure your average weight loss. That is would you could reasonably expect to lose in the 6 weeks. So, basically if you are smaller, I'd go a size smaller. If you are larger, I'd buy the same size. JMHO. Anyways, good luck! We leave December 2nd which is 13 weeks away and hope to lose 10-15 before we go. (I've lost 16 so far) And around when I started I did buy a dress one size smaller for Elegant night. It was cute and on sale so I took a chance. It was snug but wearable so should be about right by the time we leave.

Hi Everyone,

WI today and lost 1 1/2 lbs. which brings me to 45 lbs lost since I started - I am soooo excited! We all have our good weeks and our "needs work" weeks and thankfully this is a good one.

I use skinny taste .com (squished together of course) and she has a lot of great recipes. One other thing I found online was to freeze bananas - which I won't eat once they get brown - and then puree them in the food processor which is kind of like ice cream with some fat free choc. sauce is fabulous and almost free pts - that helps me with those night time munchies.

Question for you all - we leave mid-October for our cruise to Hawaii but all winter clothes will be out. Should I just buy things at my size now? or maybe one more down? since I don't have much that fits but didn't want to spend a lot of money as I still have quite a bit more to lose. Whaddya think?

Hope everyone has a great week and a fun-filled Labor Day weekend!

Congrats on your weight loss, my weigh-in is tomorrow i try to watch my salt 2 days before weigh-in thats what my Leader said.

I would get a smaller size that way you can work harder on your goal.

Good luck.

Hi everyone! I am on WW & have so far lost 15 lbs in about 1.5 months. I don't currently go to meetings. Have been on WW before so I'm pretty familiar with the program. I use an APP to convert to points. I track everything & have began working out more. Hope to lose @ least 15 more by December 10th Majesty cruise!

Hi, welcome to the thread. I've lost 16 since June 4th, a little over a pound a week. Well they say slow and steady wins the race! We sail on Dec 2nd so hoping to lose 10-15 more before we sail. I hope so anyway. I'm actually down 40 from my high weight but lost the other on my own.

Hi, welcome to the thread. I've lost 16 since June 4th, a little over a pound a week. Well they say slow and steady wins the race! We sail on Dec 2nd so hoping to lose 10-15 more before we sail. I hope so anyway. I'm actually down 40 from my high weight but lost the other on my own.

Thanks! Congratulations on the 40lbs. My weight loss initially was pretty fast, but has since slowed down. I am also hoping that I slowly but steady continue to lose!

Down 0.6 after one week but the clothes are a little looser. Starting exercise tomorrow. At this rate I will only be down 3.5 lb by the time we cruise! DH had a craving for a peanut butter shake. DQ was way into double digits point wise for a small! I made one for him for only 8. He said it was pretty good. I used Atkins vanilla shake, Jello mouses temptations , reduced fat peanut butter, and low fat vanilla frozen yogurt.

Congratulations! Any number in the right direction is a win situation. Great you figured out a lower point choice for the craving. It's so easy to say, Oh, it's a small, how many points could it be? Eat first check later is a bad way to go about it. You did it the right way. My weigh in isn't until Thursday morning, so don't know yet what I've done, but hoping for better than last week. Last week I had pizza which caused me to retain water, hence a small loss.

Hi everyone! A WW newbie here! Signed up and went to my first meeting on Wednesday.

I am allowed a fair amount of points, but I have a fair amount to lose! Still working on baby steps instead of big changes. I find when I go all radical making changes, it's too hard to stick with. I am looking for some snack ideas, other than fruit and veggies. That's one of my baby step changes as I was never a big fruit and veggie eater.

Hi everyone! A WW newbie here! Signed up and went to my first meeting on Wednesday.

I am allowed a fair amount of points, but I have a fair amount to lose! Still working on baby steps instead of big changes. I find when I go all radical making changes, it's too hard to stick with. I am looking for some snack ideas, other than fruit and veggies. That's one of my baby step changes as I was never a big fruit and veggie eater.

A couple of things that I snack on are: beef jerkey is 2 points for 1 ounce. Special K Cracker chips are 1 point for 14 chips. Also the (I can't remember the name) Devil's food cake cookies are 1 point each or 3 points for 2. Also the WW snack size fudgesicles are 1 point each.

Darn - up 1/2 lb this week. It was a really stressful week for me at work and I know I am a big stress eater and with my struggle with plantar fasciitis not as many activity points so all in all still a good week for me. Hope you all have good WI's this week!