Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I’m happy to say that I started WW on January 2 of this year. As of today’s weigh in, I have lost 47 lbs! I am so thrilled. I have a little over 1 lb to my goal. My sister and I booked a cruise for April and my motivation is to be able to stay in a bikini that week! I went from a size 18 to a 6 now. I already have plans to get up early at least 5 days and workout. Never thought I would like exercising but I love it now!

I’m happy to say that I started WW on January 2 of this year. As of today’s weigh in, I have lost 47 lbs! I am so thrilled. I have a little over 1 lb to my goal. My sister and I booked a cruise for April and my motivation is to be able to stay in a bikini that week! I went from a size 18 to a 6 now. I already have plans to get up early at least 5 days and workout. Never thought I would like exercising but I love it now!

WOW!! Congratulations!! That is no small feat....I hope you are proud of your accomplishment!!

Thank you Ginny. I am. Its nice when people at work ask you when you are done dieting because you are looking good and must be at goal. And with the cruise, it sure gives motivation to stick with it

I weigh in tonight....I've had a good week, and hope to turn it into a good year :o:)

Hi really want to lose for health and to look better!:pWeight watchers I hope to see a lot less of me soon!! :)

Hi Jeannie...I have been searching for you, and I can't believe I found you. How are you? Hope everything is going well with you and your family :D

I would like to join you all if I may. I am a 36 year old wife and mother of 2.

I have been on WW points plus on and off for about a year. Down about 17 pounds but would like to lose at the very least 30 more. I know I won't be able to lose that much in time for my cruise in 67 days. I'm just now getting back "on the wagon". I am a size 12/14 but very short so I have a long way to go. I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for months! :eek: I feel that if I could just get past those 5 pounds I can push forward. Thanks for having me. I hope being here with you will keep me on track!

Shelley

Welcome! I've got probably 125 to lose, but hope to lose another 10 before our cruise on Dec 2nd. That would make 25 down from when I started in June (I'd previously lost 24 pounds on my own) We have 12 weeks to go so am hopeful I can do it. I know what you mean about losing the same pounds over and over. I lost the same 10 for a year and a half. It gets very depressing. You think you've started and then wham! there they are back again!

6 weeks until our cruise!!! Just bought new dresses for the formal nights and was happy for once to go shopping and buy them. 45 lbs total down - lost 1 at WI this morning. Great day today!!! All the best to all of you to have great WI's as well.

It has been great reading about all the losses you guys have experienced. I have not been able to get to a WW meeting for over 3 weeks. I started out quite well but spent the past week visiting Ottawa and Toronto. When I stepped on the scale this morning I am up almost 2 pounds. It is those same 2 that I had trouble with in the spring. They keep finding me. I know that I cannot get into the extra points without gaining, and that is exactly what I have done. My weight is up but my clothes still fit well and so I know that my body has changed shape and for that I am grateful. Now to get back on track as our cruise and holiday in Spain is looming in another 4 weeks.

Nikki

Nikki, just don't give up! That's what's happened to me in the past when I've had a major plateau. I've slowly started giving up, and before you know it all the hard work is lost and I've gained it all back. Just do the best that you can and don't dwell on the numbers. As you said, your clothes still fit so obviously something is going on with your body that is not bad.

Can I join? I started a little over a week ago (online) and lost 4lbs but was eating more lower carbs. I've been doing Atkins for years, lost really well but have been struggling the past year or so gaining and relosing the same pounds. I wanted to try something different but am having a hard time giving up that 'low carb' menatality. I felt too restrictive counting points and carbs so I've given up counting carbs and just eat to daily points now. Do most of you all count just points? I've slacked off with exercising so I need to get back into that too. You all seem like a good support system so it's very encouraging to read the success you all have had thus far. :)

Can I join? I started a little over a week ago (online) and lost 4lbs but was eating more lower carbs. I've been doing Atkins for years, lost really well but have been struggling the past year or so gaining and relosing the same pounds. I wanted to try something different but am having a hard time giving up that 'low carb' menatality. I felt too restrictive counting points and carbs so I've given up counting carbs and just eat to daily points now. Do most of you all count just points? I've slacked off with exercising so I need to get back into that too. You all seem like a good support system so it's very encouraging to read the success you all have had thus far. :)

This is my first post on CC. I have been a WW member for many years. I lost over 10 pounds recently but had a really bad week this week. I feel like I may be up 5 lbs or more. Every time I lose some weight I gain some back. I guess it is back to WW again. Cruise to the Med in June 2013.

This is my first post on CC. I have been a WW member for many years. I lost over 10 pounds recently but had a really bad week this week. I feel like I may be up 5 lbs or more. Every time I lose some weight I gain some back. I guess it is back to WW again. Cruise to the Med in June 2013.

Hi kjonescat! Congrats on the loss. I'm tired of relosing the same pounds over and over too. :rolleyes:

I haven't checked in with this board in awhile. I am a lifetime but have creeped up to the top of my weight span for my height. I would like to lose an additional 20 lbs which would put me towards the lower half.

I am going to Fla in 5 weeks for a family visit and would really like to lose at least 10 more lbs before going. This past week, I stopped using any of my extra points and did have a 3.2 lb weight loss. I really love my extra points for a treat, glass of wine or a cold beer on weekends. I have been making due though.

I have been eating the same breakfast every morning and found a cereal that keeps me full all the way through lunch. Special K High Protein 3/4 cup serving with 1/2 cup of skim milk. 4 points total. I have started saving my breakfast banana for an afternoon snack instead of slicing it up in my cereal as I am used to doing. I am one that still watches my banana consumption. I guess I'm just used to the old system where they were 2 pts.

Wishing everyone good losses for this coming week.

Cari in Indy

I only count points....not carbs or anything else. AND....I need to start exercising as well. Not for the extra points...but to help with the weight loss. At my age, I have to eat healthy AND exercise to lose weight.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! This site is a wealth of information!!:D

I was down 4.6 pounds this week!:)

Congrats on a great weight loss. That exercise is really paying off for you!

I have a WI at noon today for the first time since Aug 22. I think I am up between 2 and 3 pounds ,but could be in for a shock! I didn't track faithfully, had more than my normal amount of wine, ate out a number of times, and indulged more than once. On the positive side, I walked a lot, and used the treadmill on rainy days. I know that I don't lose if I start with my extra points and I had to have done that at least one of the weeks. Without tracking properly, it is hard to know. I will post here this afternoon in order to get the motivation I am going to need in order to stay in the game.

Nikki