Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

That's fantastic Annette!

I read your post and thought..."Wow, people do this!" I really want it this time too.

I didn't loose this week but I didn't gain either so I'll take it. Last week was tough, DH's birthday so lots of eating out etc. This weekend should be a bit better but it's a tricky time of year. My parents are up from Florida and next week we have a vacation planned. I am going to try my best to stay on plan! We have a garden and the cucumbers and green beans are going strong right now. So I try and eat lots of veggies at each meal.

Have a great week!

Diana

OMG Diane, I LOVE your pix of the feet with the ship in the backround!

Thank you!

Yes, celebrations AND this time of year will probably always be a big challenge for us, but then again, so are stressful times, and the holidays (and when ISN'T there a holiday?), anniversaries, boredom... truth is it will ALWAYS be a challenge for us! :p

Be prepared, track, and remember "LIFE HAPPENS"... don't beat yourself up over a mis-step... it's what step you take NEXT that matters!

YOLO

A~

Hi all

Jancye from Australia. Been doing Pro points and Healthy and Filling days. Joined in November 2011 - have lost 62Ibs so far.

I am on my next cruise in November and already worrying how I am going to cope as i do like my cocktails...

Any hints for cruisng and sticking to points?

Jancye

I haven't been on a cruise yet while doing Points, but I have been looking at the menus (and photos of items available) and figuring approximate points for the food. Then the alcohol I hear is 4 points per "shot" of alcohol. A shot here is 1 1/2 ounces. I was just reading in one of the WW booklets I got when I joined and they said something like count 14 fat points when figuring alcoholic drinks points values based on nutritional value. I had been figuring the drinks wrong and need to go back and re-figure them. Because I intend on enjoying my drinks as well!

I finally got to a meeting yesterday. My WI indicated that I was up 2 pounds. While this is not good news,I am not terribly disappointed because in that month that I was away, I attended 4 retirement parties, a wedding, a graduation and 2 birthday parties. I considered that what I was doing was learning how to maintain. All the "life" stuff is over for a while so I am back to LOSS mode again. My goal this week is to lose at least 1 pound and if the loss is more, I will be ecstatic. then the goal for the rest of the summer is to continue to lose, but less due to the number of visitors we get at the lake every summer, and the extreme heat that makes exercising difficult. When the fall begins again then I will be back in the real swing. If my plan works as I hope, I will also be down another 5 pounds and can try yo reach my goal weight by cruise time in October.

Good luck to all losers this week.

Ciao,

Nikki

Nikki I am sure you will lose another before October. At wi last night I hit the 20 pounds lost mark. I started april 11 of this year. I am hoping to be at 50 lbs lost by my cruise march 3 2013. I need to lose more than that but that is what I hope will happen. LoL

We can all do it.

Down 1.8 pounds at WI this afternoon. I wish it was more but with the brutal heat in the past week there was not much exercise going on. Weather is better today, so I rode my bike for half an hour this afternoon. We will see what tomorrow brings. I calculated there are 10 more weeks until we leave for Spain so even if I lose only 1/2 to 1 full pound a week I hope to be at goal. Then the trick will be to maintain while we are vacationing and cruising. It can be done as others on this thread can attest. I plan to be one of them Wish me luck.

Ciao,

Nikki

Hi Everyone, can i join here:) i just went back to weight watchers yesterday.its been a while since i did ww. its very differentbut im sure i will get use to it. my cruise leaves january 27th i would like to lose 30 lbs. i need some motivation

I started 7 weeks ago and as of this morning have lost 9 pounds. I was hoping to lose 25 before our Dec 2nd cruise and at this rate I will make it, so I'm sure you can too. I lost .4 at WI this morning.

Made a strawberry/mango smoothie this afternoon. Yum!

Hi Everyone, can i join here:) i just went back to weight watchers yesterday.its been a while since i did ww. its very differentbut im sure i will get use to it. my cruise leaves january 27th i would like to lose 30 lbs. i need some motivation

Welcome Sam73. There is tons of motivation on this thread and there have been a lot of extremely successful losers as well. Good luck on your journey and if at any time you start feeling lost or discouraged, just let us know and we will try very hard to help you overcome the difficulty.

Ciao,

Nikki

I'm late joining this group: our trip begins with a flight leaving one week from tomorrow! I can't tell you how nervous I am about gaining back done of the 37 lbs I have lost because it has taken me forever to get that far. I am okay about limiting dessert to almost nothing but it is the wine and cocktails that kill me every time. :cool:

I will keep all of you in mind while I am on the ship and will let you know how I make out after 19 days away from home cooking! Wish me luck. ;)

I don't know how I am going to do this week. I just spent two days at the Jane Austen Festival in Louisville KY eating restaurant food. I still have weekly points left, so should be okay, but it's hard to track when you haven't weighed things. You're only guessing how much meat was in the sandwich, etc.

I'm Back!!!

I tell you, I read on the boards how people "Lose" weight on cruises, and I have to wonder... do they do absolutely NOTHING while NOT on a cruise?

Yes, I took the steps AND cruised on the largest ship afloat (LOTS of walking from here to there) AND only had bread on the last two days, only had 3 fu fu drinks, cut back on desserts (as compared to prior cruises) AND cookies :p.

And after 2 weeks away, I was up 5.5 pounds.

Honestly, I was expecting to see 4... where I got that number is a mystery to me! :p

Since returning on Sunday night, I am down 2 of the 5.5, and found it VERY easy to jump right back on the WW wagon! I actually CRAVED the good for me foods I had gotten used to while losing on WW!

The one thing I did notice right away upon returning was that my coffee at home wasn't as good as I remember it being. I had gotten used to specialty coffees on the second ship, and apparantly they are much sweeter than my traditional coffee at home! Nothing an extra equal sweetner packet cannot take care of tho!!!

In retrospect, I faced my demons every day... sometimes I WON, and simetimes THEY won :rolleyes: and still I returned none the worse for wear!!!

I am glad to be back, having the experience behind me and knowing that I CAN do this for life! Back to tracking, drinking water, and making good choices!

I hope you all are doing well! Keep on tracking!

Annette~

Welcome home! Sounds like you did the best that you could on the cruise. That's about what I gained on the last cruise we went on and lost it soon after getting home. My weekend away reinforced how difficult it may be to pick the right foods - in the right amounts. But we can only do what we can do when away from home. Getting back on track is the main thing and it sounds like you are doing it.

Yay, Annette! Glad to hear that you had a fun cruise and were able to live life as it was happening without too much gain. Remember that the added salt will have you retain excess water and that was likely a big part of the gain. You will be back at your goal weight before you need to WI for your August meeting and as a Lifetime member will be an old pro at this maintenance game. Did you track all foods or use the Simply Filling technique?

I had my WI this afternoon and lost 1.5 pounds over the past week. And that was a week with a fair amount of wine consumed. Add to it extremely hot and humid temps with very little exercise, and I am amazed that the body gave up any weight. Boy, this consumption of fruit and veg is amazing. I don't recall feeling hungry at any point during the past week so it works well. Still looking to lose my 10% and soon after that I hope to reach my goal weight and maintain before cruise in November. I said I would be pleased to maintain or lose only 1/2 pound a week over the summer and that seems to be the way it is working on average. I sometimes need to remember that it took me longer to put this on and be truly happy with any loss. I guess I am just a person who requires instant gratification.

Ciao,

Nikki

Weighed in this morning and gained the .4 I lost last week. However, I was away all weekend eating restaurant food for three days and probably gained even more than that and lost it over the past three days. But I got right back on track when I got home, so I know I'll lose it again.

Hi all been a while since I posted here. Started back at WW mid april and have lost 22.2 lbs as of last wednesday. I hope to lose another 40 by the end of February. Our cruise is March 3, 2013. I have done this before. last time I lost 135 in about 1.3 years. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for the WB!

Nikki, you are doing awesome, and are so encouraging on this board! Keep up the great work!

Bunches, you and are are in total agreement ;)

Congrats to everyone who has lost, maintained, or at minimum, TRACKED! We all know it works when we work it!

For whoever asked if I tracked or ate power foods... I have to admit, I tracked the very first day (and by "tracked" here, I mean "wrote down what I ate..." no points involved). I did not limit myself to power foods, either.

I know how I have eaten while cruising in the past... nothing was off limits! This go round, was soooo different! I can count on two hands the number of cookies I ate over the 2 weeks... that in and of itself is a HUGE +. Fru Fru drinks?, just 3 (and all in one night at Rita's Fiesta), another HUGE +. This time I mostly had diet coke, with rum and lime as my drink of choice. On the first ship I did drink alot of white zin at the Diamond Event. And bread... The only bread I took at dinner was on one of the very last nights, and that was only because I had taken a bite of fish that I think was bad and I wanted to get the taste out of my mouth! I did splurge and have 2 or 3 bran muffins with real butter at breakfast over the course of the trips! :p Mostly, I took food off the bread if it was served that way... all of these habits I have formed over the past year really are just soooo different than how I behaved in the past!

Everyone will do what works for them, I know. I can't say my behaviors "worked", because I DID gain... but they did what I had hoped, and they kept me in control of myself! Never once did I even think about throwing caution to the wind and just pigging out! Yet never once did I feel deprived!

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

I have no idea when I will get the opportunity to cruise again, but I plan to continue to visit this thread and keep up with you all!

Embrace life, Embrace yourself! Keep on tracking! ;)

Annette~

Don't obsess about the past. Just start tracking again and it will fall into place. I made a poor choices Friday. Stopped to eat with dh and dd at a little cafe and made a good choice, grilled chicken breast sandwich, mayo on the side. but then gave in and got fries. 11 points ! Found that out when I got home and tracked. I went into dinnertime with 3 points left and by the end of the night was into my extra points by 20 points. Some days are just like that. As I STILL have 5 extra points left for the week I figure it will all even out in the end. It's a learning experience. We learn what things we have to be careful of, what things work for us. What dangers there are for ourselves. But I got back on track yesterday and today so that's all I can do.

TADA!!! Another 1 1/2 pounds gone! I recived a third 5 lb sticker today which means 15 pounds gone and I am now 1 pound away from my 10 %. That will feel so awesome. It has taken forever to get to this point so I am thankful for every little bit that I lose. There are only 3 more weeks left in this session and altogether 10 weeks until we go to Spain. So it is doubtful that I will reach my goal weight and have the 6 weeks for maintainence . But I am determined that I will maintain while away. I need to reach lifetime by February to satisfy my original goal that I set at the beginning of the year, but nevertheless, I am very pleased to be wearing a size 8 or 10 depending on the cut.

Good luck to everyone else. And great advice from bunchesoffun.

Ciao,

Nikki