HELP from all the postive people

BEACHLOVER101

It sounds like my cruise is falling apart. My pre cruise hotel may be dirty and have roaches, the weather inthe caribbean in september is terrible, my cabin is on the Rriviera so I may hear chairs moving and people running. I picked the date for the cruise (only time that worked with out waiting untill 2006) so my family may just hate me when we get back. Can someone out there make me feel better? Thanks:(

It sounds like my cruise is falling apart. My pre cruise hotel may be dirty and have roaches, the weather inthe caribbean in september is terrible, my cabin is on the Rriviera so I may hear chairs moving and people running. I picked the date for the cruise (only time that worked with out waiting untill 2006) so my family may just hate me when we get back. Can someone out there make me feel better? Thanks:(

plenty of time to cancel and book a cruise to a better place...try canada...if you want tropical go to hawaii

The weather in the Caribbean has not been bad in either Sept or Oct when I was there. Getting awakened early in the morning is good, you will get a great start on your day....which hotel do you think has roaches? FWIW most of the five star hotels in San Francisco have roaches and in San Diego at an upscale seaport village you can watch the roaches scurry around the sidewalk at dusk. Roaches and beach areas go together like cruisers and speedos....you are bound to see one even if you don't really want to. :D

you're not going until September, maybe they'll clean the hotel before then!

Plus, how many nights will you be there, anyway ;).

We've sailed the Caribbean in September (also the only time that worked for us) and sure, you might have bad weather, but you might not, either.

Hurricane season is from June all the way through November - there's thousands of people on vacation in the affected areas and no one can guarantee the weather at any time.

Expect the best!

Enjoy your cruise!

Beachlover101...since you've heard so many negatives, you will have a great time! Expecting the worst and getting the best. There is NO such thing as a bad cruise. You will have room stewards making up your room (2x/day!!), waiters bringing you food and drinks, and happy people surrounding you. Enjoy and let us know how it was!!!!:D

This September will be our 9th cruise in either September or October. All but one have been in the Caribbean. It'll be fine. It always has been for us. It may be a bit wavy, but don't expect to get 7 days of rain. Should you get a bit of rain, try some indoor "sports" to kill the time. Once again, it'll will be fine. Posititve mental attitude!

Thanks Bowlerbus and Liner you make me feel a little better. Genessa I'm only in the hotel one night but hate to start out on a bad note. This will only be my 2nd cruise but it will be my kids 1st so I won't it to be nice don't know when I can afford to take them again.

You will never ever be even remotely near a hurricane......the cruiselines make too much money off those ships to put them at risk. You may miss a port or end up someplace you had no idea you were going but to me that is the fun part of cruising and especially of cruising during hurricane season....the adventure of the high seas and all that. Quit worrying....you will have a great time.....really.

BEACHLOVER101, I've cruised in September a couple of times and usually came back with an excellent tan. Lots of good weather. :)

As for the hotel, remember to take all posts with a grain of salt. Not everyone sees things the same way, it's all about perception.

I have a couple of relatives who absolutely love to tell me how I am going to have an awful time on my cruise because they have heard such horror stories. I worry about it to the point of almost canceling my trip. I end up going on the cruise and having the best time ever. I've learned to turn a deaf ear and form my own opinions.

Why would you want anyone to change their opinion about the places you asked about if it is the truth. I would rather know before I got there so if need be I could make other arrangments. That is what this site is all about. Learning from other's experience's. :)

BEACHLOVER101: We've been on cruises in September and never had any problems until last year! We left our home in the eye of the hurricane.

I was kicking and screaming that I didn't want to go, but my husband insisted it would be fine. He was right! We had a great time and the weather was perfect. Our cruise was cut short two days, but Princess was very generous and refunded us half of our money.

Oh, and we're booked for this September too, so you won't be alone on the Caribbean!

I haven't stayed on the Riviera deck, but bring your running shoes. If you can't beat them, join them! LOL!

As far as roaches go, I think most hotels in Florida are bound to have some critters running around somewhere. I don't know where you are staying, but we've had no problems with the hotels we've stayed at in Ft. Lauderdale.

If you were to make your travel plans based solely on other people's comments, you'd never go anywhere. Have a great time! By the way, what cruise are you on?

Marly

I'll ask again cause I'd love to help out with the benefits of the ship...rain or shine...WHICH SHIP...please? All ships are great cause you're on a cruise, but some are better than others!! I'm booked in September and I don't have one single regret. Actually hope you're on our cruise with us!!

I'll be with with new friends I met on a previous cruise and will meet new friends onboard!!!! Life is sooooo good!!

First, get yourself a pair of cowboy boots with very pointy toes for dispatching the roaches when they run into a corner. As for the dirt, I find it helps to sleep fully clothed.

Second, if you're sitting in the Wheelhouse Bar, weather usually isn't a problem. Perhaps they have some tables mounted on gimbles to compensate for rolling seas. Not to worry though, the rain gear you wear to move about on deck will protect you from any drink spillage during heavy seas.

Third, if you keep the tv volume in your stateroom at sufficient levels, King Kong jumping rope in the room above you can't be heard.

Fourth, you say your family may hate you as if that's a bad thing....

(Serious posters, please don't beat me up. This was answered with tongue firmly in cheek as I believe it was posted)

Well maybe if I'm the only one dumb enough to cruise to the caribbean in september I'll have the ship to myself:D I guess I'll get great service in the middle of the Hurricane.

My family will be there as well beachlover101!!!! It will be ok. Here's to fair skies and calm seas!!!

If you start out with a negative attitude you WILL have a bad time. If thats the way you feel I would advise you to not take the cruise. On the other hand if you are a 'glass is half full' type of person and can laugh after things go wrong, and something is bound to, you will have a great time!

Archived