Grand Princess Closet size

tennisobo

I have sailed several different grand and modified grand class ships, but never on the Grand Princess. I understand that the hanging-clothes area is smaller on the Grand. How much smaller? How is the closet configured that makes it different from the other ships of similar design? If the closet is smaller, is the extra square footage in the door area?

Just curious...

We were on the Grand in February before the Dry dock. I can not imagine they were able to increase the size of the closet as the wall to the Bathroom is right there. the bathroom is larger. we were BA cabins on the Caribe deck--I would say half the size of the Emerald, Ruby plus Coral & Island. Look at the diagram of the staterooms on the Princess site & see the difference between a closet on the Ruby & then the one of the Grand. I did look at the diagram of the stateroom & yes it was that size-& configured that way, also which is different that we are used. we all were surprised as we had been traveling on the newer ships the last several years & to see the smaller closet was a surprise. One thing which I did if I knew I was not going to wear the item again--just packed--made for an easy pack to disembark. The shelving area with the safe was the about the same size as I remember --was just on the Emerald--was glad to go back to the larger closet. Should be interesting as we are on the Ocean in January--the closets look smaller plus what might be fun to have a sofa! Enjoy the Grand-great ship plus enjoyed the staff but lots of them were on the Emerald -lots had just joined in CPH as ours was the last 8/31before Emerald returning to FL on 9/11.

So, the closet/bathroom is as it appears on the stateroom diagrams on the Princess website? Since the diagram is incorrect for all the other grand class ships, I just assumed it was wrong for the Grand Princess. If the diagram is correct, that closet really is small. Bummer! I will miss the dressing room layout of the other ships I have been on. But after several cruises on such similar ships, maybe different will be a good thing. Thanks for your response.

The closet is small! After being on the Star and the Diamond, I was really surprised at how small the closet was. It was doable (is this a word?) however :D and I am not one to leave much at home. :eek:

Our cruise on the Grand was nothing short of fabulous!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Denise

The closet is small! After being on the Star and the Diamond, I was really surprised at how small the closet was. It was doable (is this a word?) however :D and I am not one to leave much at home. :eek:

Our cruise on the Grand was nothing short of fabulous!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Denise

It better be. Doable is one of my favorite words when I'm hedging a position.:p

I have been on the Island, Coral, Caribbean, and the Star but always in minisuites and the closet areas matched the picture shown above of the Sapphire.

Thanks, Bogof1, for your confirmation that the Grand is the same. The responses were getting me worried but now it appears that the issue is not with the minisuites, but with the other cabins on the Grand.

Archived