WOW Sale. Reduced deposit ??

Sorry if its been answered already but last night I fake booked a 4 day cruise for 2 on the Majesty and the deposit showed as $200 total, which made me think that the if I actually booked today the deposit would be $100 total, but no it is still $200 total. Am I missing something? Sorry never booked RCI before : /

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Online will not reflect the 1/2 off deposit......you might be better off just calling it in to make sure.

this is from http://www.rccl.com

. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit.

Online will not reflect the 1/2 off deposit......you might be better off just calling it in to make sure.

this is from http://www.rccl.com

. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit.

Thanks. I hate calling, I work in a call center so after 9 hours on the phones I only want to use my computer lol

It can be done on-line. When you go to actually put in your payment information you will be asked how much you want to charge to your credit card. The software will allow you to put in a minimum deposit payment that is half of what would normally be charged for a deposit. The confirmation that you get after making the booking won't show a half price deposit. It simply shows how much you have paid toward your cruise. There will not be any mention of the OBC on the confirmation. You can call customer service at a later date to confirm that the credit is there.

This, at least, is how I remember it all from the one time that I did book during a wow sale. And I always book myself on-line.

It can be done on-line. When you go to actually put in your payment information you will be asked how much you want to charge to your credit card. The software will allow you to put in a minimum deposit payment that is half of what would normally be charged for a deposit.

I didn't think of trying that! Thanks!

So much for the big deal about the Wow Sale. A cruise I've been watching prices for a few weeks went up $600 in price today for a solo cabin. They call that a sale? lol

They call it a sale..Most of us don't..:D

So much for the big deal about the Wow Sale. A cruise I've been watching prices for a few weeks went up $600 in price today for a solo cabin. They call that a sale? lol

Which is why I will always book "NextCruise" while on board. Unless Im missing something, It seems like a much better "deal" to me than the WOW sale does. I paid 200.00 (could have paid as little as 100.00) deposit for my upcoming 7 night Freedom cruise and have the 100.00 OBC.

I did actually have the reduced deposit work for me tonight online. I was expecting issues, but it said the minimum I had to put down per stateroom was $500, so I was happy. I don't like to book over the phone as I am often misunderstood spelling names, etc since I am very soft spoken, no matter how much I try to be loud.

I booked today with the WoW sale. I'd called about a week ago to price things out. The price I was quoted a week ago was $2,589. Today when I called to book the price was $2,489. Also got the $100 OBC. So that's $200 "more" in credits/discounts than I would have gotten last week. :) My deposit was $500.

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with RCCL rep Michael. He was great! I normally book everything online, but didn't feel comfortable doing this online.

This is our first cruise, so I am happy with the WoW "sale" for us. We only decided to book this cruise two weeks ago, so we didn't have the luxury of watching for the cheapest price.

I have to admit I am a huge planner and had been watching prices on a family promenade room for our family of 5 for about 2 months now..During the WOW sale I called and I was surprised that the price had stayed the same so I booked. I received the same price, 1/2 deposit and the 100 OBC. I am also happy knowing if prices drop before final payment I can still get the adjustment without losing my OBC and if prices drop after final payment I can still take an available upgrade..

It should really be called a WOW promotion and not so much a sale. Sale makes people think that certain cruises are on sale. It's really reduced deposits and on board credit. When you think of it that way, then it is more effective.

It should really be called a WOW promotion and not so much a sale. Sale makes people think that certain cruises are on sale. It's really reduced deposits and on board credit. When you think of it that way, then it is more effective.

And maybe slightly less deceiving.

Archived