St Petersburg Cruise - June 2012

saturnz

Hi Folks

Greetings from Singapore! My family and i will be taking the 7N St Petersburg cruise with RCI for the very first time next June. We will onboard the Vision of the Seas which will depart from Stockholm, Sweden. Anyone here will be cruising with us too? We are looking forward to meet some new friends here!

There are some questions i would like to know...we will touch down in Stockholm at 8am in the morning and wondering what will be a good and cheap way to reach the pier (Frihamnen) from Arlanda Airport. Can we use Euro or strictly Swedish Krona?

Hi,

Welcome to the boards! You may find fellow cruisers on the Roll Call boards. Here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

You can click on to the Vision roll call and see if anyone has started a thread for your cruise date.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions about the ports of call, this is a great place to gather lots of information.

Happy Planning!:)

As was said, if you want to meet people on your ship, go to the roll call section of Cruise Critic. By now some one should have started a thread about your cruise.

As far as currency is concerned, the preffered currency is Swedish Krona, but Euro's are accepted, as well as US Dollars. Your exchange rate amy not be so good though. You can always hit an ATM when you arrive.

Cheers

Len

For the transportation you will need Swedish Krone.:)

Can i pay by credit card if i take a cab?

Understand from some people that there is this transfer service call "Super Shuttle" which can bring us from airport to the pier...any idea on this?

• 4 weeks later...
Can i pay by credit card if i take a cab?

Yes, that is what we did when our June cruise ended in Stockholm to get to our Stockholm hotel because there was no ATM machine at our Frihamnen port. All the taxis have those small credit card machines you often encounter in restaurants in the US. Because your card will not have a chip so common in Northern Europe (the "chip-and-pin" technology), you will have to sign the receipt.

• 1 month later...

saturnz, use ATM in Arlanda to get some Kronas.

If you want cheap ways, you can use Alanda Express, then bus or subway from the city centre, however, I would use taxi, as Frihamen isn't very close to the city centre, public transport in Sweden isn't the cheapest one and you will be with luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a good experience with Super Shuttle in Stockholm. We used them to pick us up at the port and take us to the airport. Very professional, on time, etc. I seem to remember that we used a credit card to pay for it......

Here is a link to their website in English. We'd recomend them for sure.

http://supershuttle.se/en/

Taxis are expensive and the train, although reasonable, is difficult for us with luggage and advanced years.

Archived