Got documents have some questions!

I have a few questions after receiving our doc:12dy April 27th Navigator

1. Why only 3 luggage tags for 2 people on a 12 day cruise?

2. I can't seem to find how many informal and country club casual days it just said we have 1 formal night how can I find this out?

3. Should I go on the web site and place the order for the mini bar or just wait tell we get on the ship?

That is it I appreciate any help!

Denise

Hi Denise - I dont' know about your first two questions, but we did not order our bar setup until we got on the ship and it was delivered after dinner that night.

Also, we chose our excursions beforehand using the web site. It said that each time you made a change, it would eliminate all previous requests. We made two or three changes, and when we got on the ship we had 4 tickets for one excursion, and 2 tickets each for 2 excursions that were at the same time, plus a note from the tour desk asking us to contact them. They were very confused by all the excursions we seemed to be requesting. Once we explained, it was all resolved quite quickly, but the internet sign-up process clearly did not eliminate all previous requests.

We were told that you receive 3 luggage tags per person because you are only allowed 2 (not over 50 lbs each) check thru and 1 carry on bag per person.

Yes you can order your in cabin bar set up on line. go to the section that you gave them your personal information and at the bottom type it in.

In your documents there should be something written in it talking about formal nights. Chances are it is just one. It is easy to miss it, but I'm sure it is there.

I think the form says "what can we do to make your cruise more pleasurable?"

We used the Special Request box on the online passenger information form to request the non-alcoholic drink my wife prefers which is not always found everywhere (caffeine-free diet "cola"). When we arrived, the bar refrig was well stocked with it. The cabin stewards replenished the supply as well as quickly filling requests for mixes, etc.

So if there is something out of the ordinary or a definite preference, by all means request it so that they have it onboard for you. And if you just want your bar setup ready for an immediate cocktail upon boarding, let them know that's what what will "make your cruise more pleasurable".

Thank you both for the info, Jim B my docs do say only one formal night but nothing about how many informal and country club casual, on the luggage tags we only received 3 total for two people and my mother who is in our room received 3 for herself my travel agent just said I could grab them at the dock but your luggage is taken when you get out of the car well I will have to really pack lite this time.

Thanks again!

Denise

Last June we received 4 each for the Navigator. Has the same problem with the excursion. For each change made they had a reservation. This time am waiting till we board the ship.

You will recevie a chit to select what liquor, wine or cordials you may want for the cabin. We opted for a bottle of Tanquery and Bailey's and had Pimm's Cocktails, gin and Tonics before dinner, then had the wine's served with dinner. If later we wanted a night cap, we had the Bailey's.

Some passengers we befriended were able to obtain a bottle of Gosling's Dark Rum and Ginger Beer so we also had the Bermudian Signature drink - a Dark and Stormy.

Do no forget to order the cheese course after dinner. The selections are outstanding and are accompanied by a glass of very good port. We could not always finish this so the waitstaff had it delivered to our cabin awaiting us after the show.

Since your travel agent isn't helping, I would call RSSC directly at the reservation number and let them know about the insufficient number of luggage tags. It looks like you have plenty of time to have more sent to you. It's in their interest to have your bags tagged.

I agree you should call RSSC about the luggage tags.

That is weird.

Not counting the Paul Gauguin which has zero, on a 7 day cruise you have 1 formal night. On the other nights they were always country club casual (C.C.C.),but a few men wore a blazer or sports coat over their c.c.c. one night. NOT all of them. other than formal night some would go the rest of the week c.c.c. They won't throw you out, and you won't be out of place. Your daily news letter located on your bed when you return to your cabin each evening will tell you the sugguested dress for the next evening.

While you are on the phone with RSSC ask them to put your cabin bar request in .

Generally, I understand that North America itinterary's do not have any formal nights - they are CC Casual. I have been on a few cruises on RSSC where guest brought formal wear and were disappointed when they boarded that there were no formal nights. My husband always brings a dark suit (no tux) and I a "little black dress" Or pantsuit. They are quite passable for formal night and can be re-acessorized for informal nights. The dress on the ship even on formal nights can be quite varied.

On our last cruise on the Mariner, the documents were very vague, but on our upcoming cruise on Voyager, the documents clearly say that there will be 3 formal nights. Nothing is said about informal or CCC, however. On the Mariner we were in Alaska, and everyone dressed up for the Captain's cocktail parties. Otherwise it was a very mixed bag of dressy (not formal) and casual. Never saw any gowns or tuxes, but did see some bling!:)

Our documents only told us how many formal nights (1). We ended up with 1 informal night and the rest country club casual. However, I don't think there was much difference (particularly among women passengers) between informal and country club casual...

Mary

We were on the Navigator in February-March - look for full length review on the boards (do a search under our name). Our cruise length was 11 days and our cruise docs also said only one formal night. And there was only one formal night. The newsletter for the first day indicated there would be 4 informal nights, 6 cc casual and the 1 formal. But, as the cruise went on they actually only had 2 informal nights - and I would guess you will have no more than 2 or 3. For the formal night, it was only about 40% tuxes for the men, and on the informal nights, most of the guys wore a sportscoat and no tie - maybe about 30% of us wore a tie. Since your cruise is in a warm climate, also, I would suspect about the same. I brought a tux and two sportscoats and 4 dress shirts, and a couple of the shirts came back clean. We placed our bar order on the internet under special requests, and it was in the cabin by the afternoon we checked in. We discovered they did not have cans of cranberry juice cocktail, so Charlotte left us many glasses of same in the fridge!! I guess that was creative. The cruise did run out of fruit and flowers towards the end, so just be aware. Also, no matter what anyone says you can probably book Portofino as often as you would like, and you should as it is absolutely fantastic. When you go say hi to Arleen, one of the cocktail waitresses, for us and to Roberto the guitar player and Kenneth on the piano. Have fun!! Jeff

Thanks Jeff you have been a lot of help I did have my TA call and find out about the attire we have 1 formal, 2 informal the rest CCC I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I don't want to pack more than we would need or not have something. I also got more luggage tags we were suposed to receive 3pp now that is more like it. Thanks again for the tips!

Denise

Could one of you please tell me how you notify the cruise line of special requests when you book with a TA and not them directly. With NCL I always booked direct with the cuise line because they wouldn't talk to you otherwise. Are you folks comfortable in getting all the information you need from Radisson, when you book with an online TA? Thanks. Liz

Liz, I booked with a discount online TA (got a great deal, too!) but I knew that part of the deal is that you don't get much hand-holding from them. That wasn't a concern for me, as I really didn't need much from a TA other than booking it. But since I booked my cruise months ago, I've had several questions. In every case, I called RSSC directly, and got EXCELLENT help from whomever I spoke to there. I even had one woman call the ship to find out if it would be okay to bring my bicycle aboard (I'm training for a triathlon) and where I would be able to store it. She called me back the next day and had spoken to the captain, who said they would be happy to help me with my bike, store it in a room for me, and fetch it for me whenever I wanted it. Now THAT'S service, huh? :)

LeeAnne

I hope this works for you

http://www.rssc.com/gif/secure/home.jsp

This is the guest information page which you fill out with all your personal information. At the bottom ask for your

In cabin bar set up.

PS

you will need to know your booking number to enter this site.

Hope this helps.

For some reason when I just tried to up date mine I could not get past the agreement part. Weird???

Jim,

I was NEVER able to get that guest information form to work online, and I tried it many times. Exactly as you experienced, it would give me that agreement window, and it would never move on past that. I called RSSC, and they said they were still having some problems with doing it online, and asked me to print it out, fill it out by hand and fax it to them, so that's what I did. Now, when I go into my booking and pull up the form online, it has all my info on it, so I guess they were able to enter it from there.

So, if you can't get it done online (and I doubt you can), just print it out and fax it to them. I don't have their fax number handy, but if you call them they will give it to you.

LeeAnne

Jim and LeeAnne - I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having problems with my guest information form on-line. Last year it worked fine for me, but I have tried it numerous times in the past two months and have always gotten caught in the loop as Jim described. Next week when we reach 60 days from embarkation I think a phone call to RSSC is in order for me also.

Archived