platinum sign n sail card by mistake?

CDorsey1981

Has anyone ever been given a platinum sign n sail card before their 10th cruise with Carnival? Last year I did a back2back cruise, on the second cruise at the port they gave me a platinum card.....Thought it was strange...has anyone else had this happen?

Has anyone ever been given a platinum sign n sail card before their 10th cruise with Carnival? Last year I did a back2back cruise, on the second cruise at the port they gave me a platinum card.....Thought it was strange...has anyone else had this happen?

Yes they gave a platinum card to my son's father on his first cruise. My son's sister got a gold one and it was her first cruise too. His grandparents got first timer cards.

If your first part of the B2B was your 9th cruise with carnival, and when your start the 2nd part, it will count as the "10th" cruise with Carnival. Then you will get your Platinum card. Otherwise, unless if there was a admin error, I guess it could happen.

I saw it happen twice. Once on the Freedom several years ago to someone who had never been on a cruise. Someone may have had same birthdate and name(long shot_. Last year a month before our cruise my dad couldn't go because of a transplant and my cousin went in his place. She had cruised before Carnival started keeping record. She was given a platinum card. My dad is platinum. Carnival just changed the names and somehow my dad's VIP status did not delete when name was changed. I will call today to inquire my cousin's status with Carnival.

Once on Royal Caribbean they apparently mistook us for another couple with the same last name, and we got the card to the room with free drinks in the evening and special breakfast foods. We took full advantage. Afterward, we started receiving mail addressed to Paul and Ramona Malcolm...we are Paul and Valerie. They figured it out eventually as it's never happened again!

Once on Royal Caribbean they apparently mistook us for another couple with the same last name, and we got the card to the room with free drinks in the evening and special breakfast foods. We took full advantage. Afterward, we started receiving mail addressed to Paul and Ramona Malcolm...we are Paul and Valerie. They figured it out eventually as it's never happened again!

haha nice!

They actually gave us Milestone cards on one cruise instead of platinum cards (it was when Carnival was trying out the new cards). We didn't realize until one of the bartenders commented on how special we are ;)

When we were Platinum, we too,received "Milestone" white cards on one of our cruises. I didn't even know what it was at the time, so didn't pay any attention to it. I just knew that we were still getting all the Platinum perks. When I finally became "Milestone", I realized what the card was! :eek:

"SKY"

Archived