Tomorrow morning I get to tell the wife...

devinc

My husband did that for my 40th bday! He told me at midnight new years eve and we left 6 am on January 2nd, my birthday. I had about 24 hours to prepare. The limo picked us up and when I answered the door my best friend and her husband were there! It was so cool!

No, I didn't mind at all with the short notice!

This Christmas I am surprising my 3 kids with a 7 day on Magic for January 8th!

Nancy

That is very cool too..I think January 2 has to be one of the hardest days to have a birthday..even before Christmas, New Years, or any other holiday...I have a good friend with that day and she said everyone is completely "done already" with any celebration by then...so I am very glad you seem to buck the trend with all these glad tidings:).

My hubby is normally the person who packs my suitcase (I pull things out, he does the actual packing because he can make it fit!) and knows where I keep my packing lists.

I'd have no problem with him surprising me with a cruise. :P

+1. I am a total control freak and I HATE surprises. I plan all of our vacations and am absorbed in them. That said, if DH surprised me with a cruise or any awesome trip for that matter, I would LOVE it. Because I loved to travel. Now if it was a trip to Idaho or Utah (sorry no offense to those of you who live there :D), I might not be as excited...

Nicely put and no offense taken,,it is gorgeous out here, especially Montana (slightly prejudiced here)... many people say with our National Parks and mountains we rock..and we do have a few restaurants and stores..A FEW things to do in the University towns and State Capitol especially with western art and if you go to Yellowstone you can combine the Tetons and the Jackson Hole scene which would have more for the tourist..and there are hidden away gem places..but this would all be more for the outdoor person none the less..there are other things with the striking beauty and secret wine and dine places..but very little compared to everywhere else..and too short of summers with minimal springs..Salt Lake may surprise you though, i fly through to go anywhere..I may decide to try it downtown...Sarah

That she should surprise him with a cruise and hope he can take a hint? Or just tell him they're going on a cruise for their next anniversary in case he's denser than I am?

Okay, I guess I wasn't telling the whole story... We did have a cruise booked and paid for through a TA but the special guest speaker for our group cancelled and we were offered our money back. That was at just the time we were strapped for cash (can't remember why) so we did the "financially smart" thing and took the $$$ to pay for whatever it was. But I guess you can tell there is still a little resentment in me that he would rather do the smart thing than take me on a cruise.

This anniversary, however, I plan to take matters into my own hands. :)

Okay, I guess I wasn't telling the whole story... We did have a cruise booked and paid for through a TA but the special guest speaker for our group cancelled and we were offered our money back. That was at just the time we were strapped for cash (can't remember why) so we did the "financially smart" thing and took the $$$ to pay for whatever it was. But I guess you can tell there is still a little resentment in me that he would rather do the smart thing than take me on a cruise.

This anniversary, however, I plan to take matters into my own hands. :)

My smart-butt answer was more due to the implication that just because someone doesn't surprise you with a cruise, there's something wrong with the relationship.

I've done the "financially smart" thing before. I should have sold the computer instead (j/k). :p

Archived