What Credit Card do you use for points?

Mariketa

Right now I have a Royal Caribbean credit card, we basically built our house using it and because of that had enough points to pay for a cruise. However, though I do like RC a great deal, I'd rather not limit myself to points accumulated only for that line. Is there another card that might let me accumulate points for several cruise lines or am I asking too much?

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Right now I have a Royal Caribbean credit card, we basically built our house using it and because of that had enough points to pay for a cruise. However, though I do like RC a great deal, I'd rather not limit myself to points accumulated only for that line. Is there another card that might let me accumulate points for several cruise lines or am I asking too much?

Although we cruise at least three times a year, it is hardly ever on the same cruiseline. We also stay in hotels and found that the Amex Starwood card is great. In April we are staying in Key West and the Westin for seven days for free. Have also used it to stay in St. Maartin for a week for free.

I use the RCL VISA card and lately also got the Chase Southwest card.

I dont build up points as fast as most people so I have only used the RCL card for extra OBC or for money off my RCL cruises.

Carnival if I book ES I get OBC for price drops, OBC for stock, OBC for applying a FCC, so I am swimming in OBC.

I know folks on NCL who went out with $550 in OBC. ..

... so its only RCL who has quit allowing all the OBCs to be combined that I really need the extra OBC onboard.

I got 3 free flights with the SW card, but it has a $99 fee per year, so if you dont fly to ports at least once a year, this isnt a good deal .. but for 3 flights and they charged me the $99 right up front (I didnt expect that). By the time I book the 3rd flight I will have to pay another $99 but it will still be worth it, but maybe not after that.

I have a Carnival mastercard, and used it a lot when I was sailing Carnival a lot. But since I have been cruising a lot more on other lines, it does not 'pay' to use it, as for those lines, you can only use the points for cruise fare, can't buy OBC, and you only get 3/4 the value per point as if you were using it on Carnival. So I have been using AMEX, bacause over many years I built up enough points to fly from Barcelona to Savannah in May. So now, I am trying to get enough for more free flights. I have other cards that rebate well...One I use for gas rebates 5% for gas. I wish CCL would come out with a World's Leading Cruise Lines card that worked on all of their lines. EM

I really have not heard of any card that allows points that can be used on multiple cruiselines. The only one MIGHT be a Capital One Venture Card. I know the points earned on that one are processed thru the Capital One Travel Agent and possibly can be used on Cruises, although, like most cards it takes a "houseful" of points to redeem.

Archived