Question about the SUN..

uksimonusa

As a long time RCI cruiser, looking for a change,and with the Norweigen Sun coming to my home port soon, I an contemplaiting a cruise on this ship. During the evening, I really enjoy, on RCI's Voyager and Freedom class ships, sitting in the English Pub singing along with the guitar singer there, can anybody tell me if there is a bar like this on the Sun..Thanks

I hope someone answers your question. I was on the Sun, however DH and I don't drink much, therefore we don't spend much time in the bar/pub areas. I do remember on bar with piano which reminded me of a "pub". Anyway the Sun is a nice ship with all sorts of venues and music. I'm would imagine you would find a spot or two you'll enjoy.

As a long time RCI cruiser, looking for a change,and with the Norweigen Sun coming to my home port soon, I an contemplaiting a cruise on this ship. During the evening, I really enjoy, on RCI's Voyager and Freedom class ships, sitting in the English Pub singing along with the guitar singer there, can anybody tell me if there is a bar like this on the Sun..Thanks

Probably the Windjammer but we found the piano player boring. We had more fun singing along when Flyer was playing in Dazzles.

On the Sun in August and the Sports Bar had the guitarist on a stool each night.

Kim Doolittle was in Las Rambles every evening when we were on the Sun in September. She was very loud and it hard to have any kind of conversation while she was performing. In fact, the place was never full when she was there.

... was in Las Rambles every evening when we were on the Sun in September. .

whoops, my bad... I believe you're right. I should have said Las Ramblas, not the Sports Bar.

We saw the singer whenever we popped in to get some tapas to bring back to the cabin.

Kim Doolittle was in Las Rambles every evening when we were on the Sun in September. She was very loud and it hard to have any kind of conversation while she was performing. In fact, the place was never full when she was there.

We loved Kim when we did a TA on the Sun in April/May. We went to see her every night. I think this just goes to show that not every entertainer is for everyone. I am sure that between Dazzles, the Windjammer, and Las Ramblas you will find an entertainer that you will enjoy.

Probably the Windjammer but we found the piano player boring. We had more fun singing along when Flyer was playing in Dazzles.

We did a night at the Windjammer and thought he was pretty good, though he didn't know the two songs we requested. The Sports Bar is probably a little chummier than Windjammer though. The Windjammer seemed more like a sit and enjoy a drink while reading or something type place. I didn't get a chance to try the Sports bar though, so who knows?

last Dec on the SUN no guitar player or singing in the Sports Bar....just everyone sitting around eating and watchin sports.

Las Ramblas is where the guitar guy was, but not much singing there either, i dont really see alot of that but i suppose you could if you wanted to.

Windjammer wasnt very lively either..

we were on for 2 weeks and i would say most of the MUSIC action was in Dazzles.

It can vary from cruise to cruise depending on what entertainers they've hired. When we were on the Sun a year ago there was a great pianist in the Windjammer lounge who encouraged sing-a-longs. I really enjoyed them. But I don't remember there being a guitar player in any of the lounges. Most musicians seemed to be pianists.

On the Sun in August and the Sports Bar had the guitarist on a stool each night.

I think you might be thinking of Las Ramblas, not the Sports Bar. We were in the Sports Bar many many evenings getting snacks and there was never music of any kind. Folks were watching the tv's there.

Archived